• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

nubbe

The game already feels quite a bit better now when they fixed the voxel issue
It will become considerably more "game" when they add monsters and guilds

But it is really fun to mess around in a high production quality version of Minecraft

railGUN

Banned
I was just running around and farming (before patch). Found a tiny little unassuming door in the side of the hill. Upon entering, I found a room with all of the crafting tables etc.

I can't even imagine the strange, Second Life-esque shit that will lurk in the shadows of this game.

vilmer_

Bfv3OeFCcAA6iCz.jpg:large

terrisus

Well, just got all the stuff in to file for tax returns. According to the return, we're getting like $1200 back.
So, $400 toward bills, $400 for my wife, and $400 for me.

$100 of my portion of that will be going toward a Trailblazer Pack.
And now just the painful wait until the return actually comes in, to be able to jump into the party.

Is that responsible spending when I'm thousands in debt and out on medical leave? No, not really.
But, hey, EverQuest Next Landmark!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Well, just got all the stuff in to file for tax returns. According to the return, we're getting like $1200 back.
So, $400 toward bills, $400 for my wife, and $400 for me.

$100 of my portion of that will be going toward a Trailblazer Pack.
And now just the painful wait until the return actually comes in, to be able to jump into the party.

Is that responsible spending when I'm thousands in debt and out on medical leave? No, not really.
But, hey, EverQuest Next Landmark!

It's the American way.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Took the opportunity to grab a Tier 3, prime mountaintop spot less than 2 minutes walk from the nexus and less than a minute away from forests on Blight, VERY pleased with my claim position now :D

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Finally found an awesome mountain claim on one of the new maps, and discovered my claim flag was gone. Just deleted my character and started fresh on Knob. Don't have my pack items, but at least I have a sweet view.

I also found a really nice spot on a mountain, will post a picture later. These editing tools are really good, it was the first time I was able to use them properly.

I'm trying to make something similar to Mehrunes shrine in Skyrim:

Stone is all that is required, and my mountain is made of stone... muhahaha.

That looks amazing. How did you carve those statutes? Can you put up a video tutorial?

Edit: Never mind. Those are Skyrim pictures lol.

Took the opportunity to grab a Tier 3, prime mountaintop spot less than 2 minutes walk from the nexus and less than a minute away from forests on Blight, VERY pleased with my claim position now :D

I don't even know what the fuck that is, but I know it is impressive.

Question, how far into that mountain can you carve out to make a dungeon? I know the land heals over time, but how far under your claim can you tunnel before the land regenerates?

zeox

How do I do that? Sorry for all the questions I feel like I'm 5.

the UI is a complete mess, so don't worry :p. open up your claim management (bottom left), select your claim then click delete. you can then claim it again, though you might have to restart the game before it lets you (I had to do that atleast)

RK9039

That looks amazing. How did you carve those statutes? Can you put up a video tutorial?

Edit: Never mind. Those are Skyrim pictures lol.

Oops, sorry about that. Those pics are for inspiration lol.

This is just the beginning.

2G0FJGC.jpg

That is amazing.

This is all I've done so far, I own the entire mountain top (except for the tip):

iZyGvP6xEVFM2.jpg

Something amazing will happen in a few days time. I can feel it.

dEo7O.gif

terrisus

Question, how far into that mountain can you carve out to make a dungeon? I know the land heals over time, but how far under your claim can you tunnel before the land regenerates?

If something like this could be done, this would instantly be one of the best games ever:

ku-xlarge.jpg

K.Sabot

The fuck is the paint tool for if it uses materials like the add tool?

And you can't choose your color, but have to abide by the materials premade textures.

plenilune

If something like this could be done, this would instantly be one of the best games ever:

ku-xlarge.jpg

I dug down and couldn't dig deeper than the claim box area. Maybe it's a bug?

The delete tool is glitchy and frustrating to use atm. Makes underground designs very difficult.

I dug down and couldn't dig deeper than the claim box area. Maybe it's a bug?

The delete tool is glitchy and frustrating to use atm. Makes underground designs very difficult.

Well can you make a structure then cover it with Terran? Like place a claim on the side of a mountain, delete as much of the mountain as possible, build a structure then reconstruct the mountain back over the outside?

I just want to be King under the Mountain.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The fuck is the paint tool for if it uses materials like the add tool?

And you can't choose your color, but have to abide by the materials premade textures.

It's easier to paint something than replace it.

If me and my friend were to buy this game, could we share a claim and build on each others lands at this time?

I know they had to disable permissions because of a bug, but I'm not sure if they fixed it yet.

Well can you make a structure then cover it with Terran? Like place a claim on the side of a mountain, delete as much of the mountain as possible, build a structure then reconstruct the mountain back over the outside?

I just want to be King under the Mountain.

Sounds like what I'm doing with my new claim on Serenty - Brook.

Got the last little spot that was closest to the hub; built a little hut with some crafting stations and started hollowing out my claim. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet though; just a hole in the ground for now :p

But I just went and deleted the whole side of the mountain since that was easier than guessing where the edge of the mountain was; gonna use the heal tool later to patch it back up.

Kimawolf

I wouldn't mind a slightly bigger claim area. I wanted to make this mystical monastery that had a ton of stairs leading up to it heh. but the box is not big enough. So going with plan B.

terrisus

I wouldn't mind a slightly bigger claim area. I wanted to make this mystical monastery that had a ton of stairs leading up to it heh. but the box is not big enough. So going with plan B.

Have the stairs going in a circular pattern as opposed to in a straight line?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It's essentially the same amount of work for me since I "paint" by the selection tool and eyedropper.

You're not doing anything advanced, it's an advanced tool. If all you're building is essentially blocks, it's not all that useful. =p

Top Bottom