• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
My character doesn't perform a backspin when I hold down on the d-pad on impact. Am I missing something?

Thats dependant on the type of club your using (the closer to the green on an approach thr better) but your e almost guaranteed a backspin when you do a super back spin. You can see how much spin you can place on the ball on the little meters to the bottom right near the ball.

When the shot's actually not bad but you know you can do better

golf-tours-news-blogs-local-knowledge-blogtiger-angry-290.gif

Godamn I love these games

sn00zer

So outside of it being Hot Shots, which I am sure is fine, is there some weird dark secret this game is hiding....like shitty micro transactions or paywalls or something?

F34R

The input lag on my Vizio with HDR was killing me in my first round. I switched to the HDMI 5, and while there is still noticeable lag, I went from +4 to -3.

Liking the game so far.

Thank you.

And it doesn't mention a hole. Just "one of the holes"

Oh weird. I guess the first time I played it I must've picked up an item while playing through 9 holes normally.

I'd just run through the course playing each hole individually, you should find the hole as you play all 9. There are a ton of items around the specified hole.

Triz

Are we supposed to free roam the open online courses looking for collectibles? I found coins but not much else. Do I need to keep trying for better stuff?

Teggy

The only thing I don't like about the game is the weird doll eyes. Lots of games have character creators that don't make everyone look like soulless dolls.

Otherwise, it's the Hot Shots I've loved. I've played a bunch of the games, but not the PS3 version, so I'm not aware of this other swing type other people seem to like. Or maybe it was in the Vita game and I never tried it.

v1lla21

Are we supposed to free roam the open online courses looking for collectibles? I found coins but not much else. Do I need to keep trying for better stuff?
Yeah you can find other things besides coins such as customization items and warp tokens that you can use in turf war. You can also find gems too.

Heel

Back-to-back Eagles on the 1st/2nd hole during the Lucky Chance on open course. Tornado holes, but still pretty awesome.

BSpot

So I'm rank 4. What do I have to do, specifically, to get fishing and carting? Beat the first VS challenger?

So I'm rank 4. What do I have to do, specifically, to get fishing and carting? Beat the first VS challenger?

One of the NPCs says to beat a challenger dressed in racing attire for the cart. I'm taking a break but I guess they're wandering around the Home area.

JJShadow

I don't play golf or really watch it. I love this series, though. It's like Rocket League and soccer. You don't have to like soccer/football to enjoy Rocket League.

Get Everybody's Golf if you a) like chill games that still allow you to be competitive, and b) like easy to learn games that take a while to really master.

There's no real story mode, but there is a lengthy--some would say grindy--single-player mode where you play tournaments and vs matches against the CPU to unlock stuff and abilities. The online multiplayer is still a work in progress. Right now, you can play together in small 4-player groups. And there's a daily tournament that uses an asynchronous leaderboard.

Once they have real-time graded tournaments (kind of like a ranked mode), it will be a lot of fun to play in 50-100 player events. Winning an event like that feels really special. In the last game you could walk around the lobby with your trophy to show it off lol.

I'll test it tonight, but you might have to unlock that ability. I'm pretty sure you have to unlock super spin, but regular spins might be dependent on how you've leveled your club (they have a separate backspin rating/level) and whether you got perfect impact.

Thanks for the input! I'm glad to know you don't need to like golf to enjoy it. I've been reading some reviews and for that price seems like a no-brainer, so will definitely pick it up in the near future

Rbk_3

The input lag on my Vizio with HDR was killing me in my first round. I switched to the HDMI 5, and while there is still noticeable lag, I went from +4 to -3.

Liking the game so far.

Input lag on the P series in HDMI 5 with GLL on should produce under 20ms. What Tv do you have? I assume the P or M?

TheKevn

Anyone else getting a jutter type action when the power bar is up? While the meter is moving. Idk if it's my low stats or it was the tv or game installing.

Anyone else getting a jutter type action when the power bar is up? While the meter is moving. Idk if it's my low stats or it was the tv or game installing.

That doesn't sound right to me. I'm on a base PS4 and I can't say I've experienced that.

Did you guys get your pre-order bonuses from Amazon? Was it emailed? I don't think I ever got it.

I pre-ordered from them and never received an email from them with the code. Ended up having to chat with a representative to get it.

Denzel

Somebody tell me why I just figured out I can level up my rank so much faster by playing serious mode tournaments -_-. Didn't even know about serious mode until I had already unlocked Rank 3.

Somebody tell me why I just figured out I can level up my rank so much faster by playing serious mode tournaments -_-. Didn't even know about serious mode until I had already unlocked Rank 3.

I just came here to post this. I saw that in one of the loading screens and was like "What the fuck!?"

Press square in the tournament menu to activate serious mode, and you get 150% gold and XP

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So green approach issues are all gone now that I've leveled up control. Good sense of progression there. It feels like I'm slowly becoming more proficient and placing the ball right where I want it.

senahorse

I have small black bars around screen ps4 pro and 4k tv it that makes a difference.

I have this issue as well, playing on a projector (PS4 Pro, outputting 4K). Playstation OS and other games are full screen, but Everybody's Golf has black bars around all 4 edges.

Tapejara

Anyone here unable to redeem the bear costume code from participating in the closed beta? Usually it's just a case of codes not being live, but I want to make sure it's not just me.

Can someone, anyone, explain how the BB preorder bonus works? I got the email from Best Buy, I type the code in and it pulls up the DLC or whatever but won't install. It says "unable to install until physical disc version is deleted". Did they give me the full PSN version of the game or what? I'm confused!?

lindseybp

Amazon needs to get their ass in gear and deliver my game already. It's 7pm my time. Already got the preorder bonus code from amazon and the dlc code from sony for being in the beta.

DomLando

I just picked up my pre order from Best Buy. I got the code emailed to me. Is it still messed up and not really the pre order bonus?

RS4-

Can someone, anyone, explain how the BB preorder bonus works? I got the email from Best Buy, I type the code in and it pulls up the DLC or whatever but won't install. It says "unable to install until physical disc version is deleted". Did they give me the full PSN version of the game or what? I'm confused!?

I'll buy the code off you 😎

It's the full game judging from the BB codes sent to others here

Denzel

Even with high control I still sometimes have off-center hits on PI. This mainly happens on par 3 and is annoying when trying to hit shots with backspin that also account for wind on the harder courses.

Top Bottom