• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

I still have Links 2k4 and an ex-box. It's too bad the web backend isn't online anymore.
That game was amazing.

Me and my friends had timed (asynchronous) tourneys all the time. XSN was awesome.

EA blackmailed Microsoft to kill XSN in order for EA to come on board with Xbox Live. This was way before the OG XBL got killed. It was disgusting. Fuck EA.

Whelp, I'm hooked, having a blast so far. Can't wait to play some over labor day weekend.

This really makes me want a PS4 Hot Shots Tennis though. I played the hell out of the Vita version.

stb

If anyone's selling their BB preorder code (the full game), please PM me.

I can do $25 PayPal F&F...

pretty fun so far, love my character too, he has funny reactions. I wish I could afford some of the other items so i can further customize him, also I want a different caddy

DIcYWAMV4AABI58.jpg

ghibli99

Excellent so far! Feels great, as the series always has, and I like the new touches with club/skill proficiency, etc. The 60fps only bothers me with the way the thought bubbles and icons scroll so rough when you pan around... the 30fps character animation doesn't, but I hope they address all of it and make everything 60fps. In the meantime, 4K30 HDR it is!

Rflagg

Sold. Thanks.

You will get your money's worth for sure. I have only been able play since this morning and have already put 6 or 7 hrs in and all except maybe 15 minutes was with the single player . The only small complaint I have is it does seem to take a long time to unlock different courses, but really I am not in a rush for that.

Is there a way for player 2 in local multiplayer to have a custom created character? My wife wants to have her own. If she starts a single player game on her account, would it be available to her?

Would you guys recommend this game to someone who has never played a full pledged golf video game (except the golf mini games in Yakuza, GTA, etc.), and never played golf in real life except crazy golf?

The game looks fun in the videos, quite interested in checking out the online hub, fishing, golf-cart racing.

BadWolf

Would you guys recommend this game to someone who has never played a full pledged golf video game (except the golf mini games in Yakuza, GTA, etc.), and never played golf in real life except crazy golf?

The game looks fun in the videos, quite interested in checking out the online hub, fishing, golf-cart racing.

Was pretty much in the same boat and had zero issues getting into the PSP games back in the day.

It's a sports game that appeals to people who don't necessarily enjoy sports (as much as those who do because of its superb physics and depth). I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys fun, addictive games that lend well to a pick-up-and-play style, really.

shermas

Anyone tried the Turf War mode? How's that?

It was pretty fun. It's 10 minutes, you have to run from hole to hole and if your team scores more points on a hole, you win the hole. It was kind of hectic to follow and I only played one round. I made a clutch par at the end and we won the hole, then won the match 3-2.

Mikef2000

Huge Hot Shots Golf for PS3 fan. So no surprise that I bought this.

Quick question for PS4 Pro with a 1080P TV. How should I have my settings on the game? 4k(to downsample) or 60fps?

Is there a way for player 2 in local multiplayer to have a custom created character? My wife wants to have her own. If she starts a single player game on her account, would it be available to her?
I think so, try making her character under another one of your slots in SP. She should be able to select it.

Just unlocked swimming.

You need to make 50 birdies in official matches to unlock the VS character you have to beat to unlock it.

In that VS match, it's long tee, teeny cup, and +1 if you take more than 15 seconds to make a shot.

Can you do local two player but go online? Like you could with LBP??

Not from what I've seen. Local multiplayer is strictly local. You cannot play online with another person on the same PS4. Tried it with my daughter tonight, and it looks like it does not use other people's profiles like LBP. The other players in the local multiplayer are like guests and can only use custom characters, items, and stats of the person who started the game.

Also, there does not appear to be a way to play Turf War with online friends (as a party).

MizzouRah

How does the daily ranking work? If I play a round in the single player with official settings, does it automatically score there?

Not from what I've seen. Local multiplayer is strictly local. You cannot play online with another person on the same PS4. Tried it with my daughter tonight, and it looks like it does not use other people's profiles like LBP. The other players in the local multiplayer are like guests and can only use custom characters, items, and stats of the person who started the game.

Also, there does not appear to be a way to play Turf War with online friends (as a party).

damn that's a shame...hopefully they patch that in.

Get'sMad

Loving this shit...wish it took a little less time to unlock new courses though.

Gonna keep grinding single player before maybe starting to do some online tomorrow with some you fools.

Sabas

Banned
No option to change the audio language? Saw the JP voice cast and wish I could listen to that instead of the English dub.

Liking the game so far.

shermas

Oh no.. Turf War in a party or group should totally be a thing. I did it solo earlier, but it was pretty chaotic. It would be a blast with a team.

I think someone asked about Spotify. It does work and automatically mutes the background music. Listening to some chill retrowave/synthwave right now. :-D

Rbk_3

A few nitpicks for me I don't remember from HSG3 I last played.

Why does it need to say "Ting" every time a ball goes into a hole. That is annoying and I cannot seem to turn it off.

Likewise the circles around the hole on approach shots

The 3 other characters golfing along with you. Their running around the course just looks silly. I wish I could golf alone.

Other wise it feels pretty good

Rbk_3

How has the series historically sold outside of Japan? I wouldn't expect it to suddenly change, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it sold well.

Do you see how large this OT thread is already? I don't think most people in here are from Japan.

Also I know HSG3 was a Greatest Hits here so I assume it sold pretty well in NA.

Heel

Weird, I've completed Lucky Course three times today and got 3 gems each time. Everyone else I'm playing with is getting randomized clothing. I know gems are one of the items you can get in the list, but three times in a row?

Also...what do I do with them? Haha.

Having an unusual issue. My PS4 is attempting to download the 6GB day one patch (oh how I hate those) and usually I'll put the system in rest mode to speed up the download, but that ends up killing the download entirely - the DL starts over every time I take the system out of rest mode. Is this normal for an update to a disc-based game? I bought a new modem/router recently, and I'm wondering if that's the culprit. I just rebooted everything and I suppose I'll try again with the Knack 2 demo now (no disc attached to that). I'd really hate not to be able to DL things overnight because of this issue. Can anyone help?

Edit: The Knack 2 demo downloaded in rest mode without any issues, so I'm going to chalk this up to some annoying PS4 idiosyncrasy with updates to disc-based games. I've probably never noticed it before because most of the games I buy don't require such large patches right out of the box.

Top Bottom