• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Heel

Can someone, anyone, explain how the BB preorder bonus works? I got the email from Best Buy, I type the code in and it pulls up the DLC or whatever but won't install. It says "unable to install until physical disc version is deleted". Did they give me the full PSN version of the game or what? I'm confused!?

Yes, they seem to have issued codes for the full digital game instead of the pre-order DLC in error.

hort22

my preorder items from the digital psn version still say waiting to install. when I try to start them it says something about the content has not reached it's start date...anyone else?

edit and now I finally started the game an they installed...disregard this shit post

Ryhian

For those who preordered from BB did anyone receive a separate email for the dlc items? I got the email with the full game digitally (sorry it's been given away) but no additional email with the dlc items.

For those who preordered from BB did anyone receive a separate email for the dlc items? I got the email with the full game digitally (sorry it's been given away) but no additional email with the dlc items.
I ordered the game on both Amazon and BB. Got my Amazon code of the DLC, no BB codes whatsoever yet. Not even for Warriors All Stars still, either.

Finally got up to Rank 2.

I'm glad I have a long weekend because it's a little lame how the courses are locked by rank. It would take me forever to unlock all the courses if I didn't have this extra time.

surrogate

i have never played an Everybodys Golf Game so far but after watching some videos im quite interested, though ive got a question

the PC game PangYa/Albatross18 which also received a PSP and two Wii ports was one of my favourite golfgames, and this new Everybodys Golf title looks like it comes very close to it :)

now in PangYa a lot of people used to calculate their shots by reading the angle from the windmeter, adjusted their aim accordingly and then hit the correct power to basically dunk or backspin every hole with an hole in one, eagle, or better
is that possible in Everybodys Golf too? or does the game prevent you from doing so?

while i really enjoyed calculating my shots to perfection back in the days, multiplayer games quickly turned into who had the better formulas and wind angle reading skills :S

Unlike Pangya/A18, once you set the power in EG, you have to take your shot. There is no trying over and over to get the power perfect. You can fine tune you power up/down 1-2% at impact by pressing triangle/circle instead of X. While there are some "trick shots", they are nothing like the Tomahawk/Spike/Cobra shots.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Serious mode is very serious. I just fought for my life. It makes you play safe too which means you end up with a better under.

Iacobellis

So... How do those of us that preordered through Best Buy get the actual preorder bonuses?

I can’t believe these guys sent us a second copy of the full game for free. 😅

Rbk_3

Yeah, do you have Gaming Low Letency turned on in the settings? That will get you sub 20ms input lag which you shouldn't be able to feel at all. With HDR it is like 60 or so.

I had that TV for a bit but ultimately returned it for the Ks8000 due to the higher input lag for HDR.

What's up with 'Auto-Impact'

It's not automatic!

It's not doing the impact for me and it's making all the shots late.

It's called 'Auto-Impact' not 'Auto-Perfect Impact'. Sometimes it'll randomly give you a bad hit.

Turn it off (
apart from the match where you have to use it
) and get used to setting your own impact.

DomLando

So the code I have right now from Best Buy is the full game? I picked up my game a couple hours ago. I don't want to redeem is if that's the case. The email states its the DLC.

It's called 'Auto-Impact' not 'Auto-Perfect Impact'. Sometimes it'll randomly give you a bad hit.

Turn it off (
apart from the match where you have to use it
) and get used to setting your own impact.

I can't turn it off it's in the match rules for this opponent.

I don't use it so I didn't know it was random.

It doesn't even need to be perfect, but it shouldn't give randomized bad hits.

Poppyseed

I’ve been trying to play multiplayer with my friends but keep getting dumped out of the game anywhere between 1 and 5 holes in. Different friends, me hosting, them hosting. No difference.

“Failed to Connect” is the message on the screen.

Anyone any ideas? :(

Rflagg

I have this issue as well, playing on a projector (PS4 Pro, outputting 4K). Playstation OS and other games are full screen, but Everybody's Golf has black bars around all 4 edges.

I fixed mine by changing the screen setting inside ps4 it might even say display area or some such. I am not sure why, but it was only affecting everyone's golf (although this is my first 4k title I have tried on the pro, as I finally broke down and got it a few days ago). My sony tv doesn't seem to allow me to adjust screen settings like full zoom etc on the hdmi I have the pro set up too, but I think that would have fixed it as well. :(

So most of the videos I have seen of people playing this has them finding coins and stuff seemingly everywhere and so far I have only found the power shot upgrade on the home section. Do I need to play the online course and just roam like a madman? I have played the daily challenge thing, but I didn't really see anything while doing that.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Does this game lowkey have the best character creator of all time? I've never been one for getting different in game skins but I'm so into collecting shit to wear for my character.

newjeruse

If anyone is worried about the game being streamlined or of the series not retaining its Japanese charm...don't worry about that.

I love the game though. I could not pick up the HSG series for a decade and have no problem getting right back into the game.

Snoopycat

Banned
I played my first online match tonight and got 5 over par which wasn't bad. Hit a few eagles. One of them came from a 37 yard chip in from the rough. I know it was luck because I would never have made that shot in Rory McIlroy

I only received an email for the full game (Which I didn't order.) but no DLC email.

All of this is making me wish I had ordered from Best Buy, lol.

Getting the full game for free digitally is a pretty nice mistake. Wonder if those will be revoked? Can't even see how that's possible.

naib

I'm three holes in. Can I turn off the other golfers running around? This is single player and while I'm really, really psyched for this game, that's going to drive me nuts.
This is one of my only peeves so far. At least for solo/offline play.

I've caddied once in my life. I accidentally walked through someone's putting line. Not while they were lining up, but I stepped right in the path. I think I was 11-12?
I don't think anyone was dick about it, but someone let me know.

Now I have these fools running through mine all the time.
TRIGGERED. >:0

At least it all pauses in your backswing. Solo at least.

___

Might be worth noting that the swing gauge is 60fps no matter console or mode. That's important.
The rest is just gravy.

This is like coming home so far. Loving it.

shermas

I completely missed the hype on this one.

What a treat stumbling across the release yesterday. So much fun. Haven't really played a golf game since Tiger Woods series went off the rails.

And I loved Hot Shots back in the day... And that other old Xbox golf game (where four people could play tourneys at the same time).

It took me a couple rounds to get settled because there is so much shit on the screen and the music and the caddy chirping. I felt like I was trying to play golf on a slot machine or something, but I quickly settled in.

The character creation is awesome. If that's your thing, you can make almost anything you can dream of.. It's super easy and fast to use, too.

Great game.. Perfect way to kill time before (and when I need a break from) D2.

naib

I still have Links 2k4 and an ex-box. It's too bad the web backend isn't online anymore.
That game was amazing.

Edit:
Trying to get kid to bed so I can play a few rounds. Not happening anytime soon. lol
Y'all have fun!

CaLe

I don't have any friends and I'm not into online, but I loved previous Hot Shot Golf games in the series.... how's the single player in this one ?

I don't have any friends and I'm not into online, but I loved previous Hot Shot Golf games in the series.... how's the single player in this one ?

i'd say the single player mode is the real meat of this game. it's how you unlock the abilities and extras like golf carts and new courses etc. there's alot there.

Top Bottom