• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

I have a question about the rewards in online open course. I've gotten two so far for placing in the top 6-20 % (A rank) but both times it was on the daily bonus course. What about the other ones? Could have sworn I submitted some similar results on other courses but no rewards at all. Is it for S rank only or maybe I dropped to B? If anyone knows how it works exactly, shoot please.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a guide or are there any good tips and tricks for leveling up club stats efficiently and evenly?

Also, what are the "super spin" and "super power" clubs you unlock in the main game? Are there multiple sets of clubs to level or just the one set and then modifiers you can use to tweak a stat or two?

Ekid

The final VS character that triggers the end game credits is a pushover. He O.B one hole twice in a row, and missed some easy putts. Beat him with just pars or birdies after 6 holes, expected better.
Yes I think h is the only one I managed to beat in three holes. The first Special Rank VS I fought on the other hand pushed me to the last hole, but then suddenly during the tee shot moved 90° to the left and send the ball straight in the mountain.
I still have no idea what hapened.

i have recycled a 11/10 upgraded custom clubs, and now the clubs went 0/10. what should i do?

When you reach last rank a dude tell you that when your custom club broke shortly after repairing, it may be better to recycle it. Does it means it will need to be repaired more often as time goes on?

Are custom clubs a completely new set or just build off the old ones?

I really don't feel like grinding my 3W since I'm close to the end.

surrogate

I have never had backspin cancelled out on a PI because of rng. Did that happen to you? Because if so, that's not cool

I think you misunderstood. The backspin doesn't get cancelled out, but using backspin severely increases the chance of a bad impact even on PI shots. Go to an open course and choose a 1 hole round. Pull out a wedge and start hitting the ball down the fairway using no spin and make a note of where the impact dot is on your PI shots, Now do the same thing using backspin/super backspin. In previous games, I would use bs/sbs on 95% of my approach shots, not it is just too risky.

Ive been playing like 6 or 7 single player tournaments and winning 3 duels. Still only able to play the first 9 holes of the first course. Am I doing something wrong here?

Ive been playing like 6 or 7 single player tournaments and winning 3 duels. Still only able to play the first 9 holes of the first course. Am I doing something wrong here?

press square when picking your tournaments in singleplayer will change it to serious mode. You unlock stuff way faster and its still easy as hell. As you rank up you should get a new course for each rank.

DrDamn

I take it one of the duels was a special rather than the last of the set of three? When you complete the last of the set of three (Cindy) you unlock Eagle City (IN) and get a new set of three challenges to unlock and beat via gaining XP.

Like someone else above I miss the different shot views on the d-pad. Though I found that changing to the swing type from the first VS character PI tends to give a nice behind ball view.

I...simply do not know what's wrong with Best Buy. Went on their forums to try to get a legit preorder code. They sent me another full game code. I can't imagine this being that hard....can it?

RoeBear

I...simply do not know what's wrong with Best Buy. Went on their forums to try to get a legit preorder code. They sent me another full game code. I can't imagine this being that hard....can it?
Yup did this same thing last night. I'm not too bent up as I'll just get both courses and miss out on the cart and bunny suit.

njs15

Are custom clubs a completely new set or just build off the old ones?

I really don't feel like grinding my 3W since I'm close to the end.

No, the individual stats for each club (0 to 25 power, etc) are bound to your character. You don't re-level that.

Custom clubs just affect the gear stat. You can see it in the screen where you pick a club before a round

Heel

Yup did this same thing last night. I'm not too bent up as I'll just get both courses and miss out on the cart and bunny suit.

Best Buy, you had one job.

What's even crazier is the pre-order DLC code now goes for the same price as the full game download on eBay, haha.

You guys could try twitter@bestbuy.com support email as a last ditch effort. Just explain the situation and give all your order info. They've been solid for me in the past. How long they take to respond can be hit or miss.

Setzer

Well online works for me this morning which is great but it sure is laggy as hell. I'm running around the bonus course online and my fps is probably no more than 15.

No, the individual stats for each club (0 to 25 power, etc) are bound to your character. You don't re-level that.

Custom clubs just affect the gear stat. You can see it in the screen where you pick a club before a round

Well shit, I guess I'll just start using the 3W everywhere then. Sort of hilarious how there's a 80 yard difference between my Driver and 3W

Can anyone who has the game confirm if the preorder bunny suit and clothes are available to buy in the shop with coins or gems or something? Or are they truly preorder-only, at least for now?

grendelrt

Can anyone who has the game confirm if the preorder bunny suit and clothes are available to buy in the shop with coins or gems or something? Or are they truly preorder-only, at least for now?

Not sure about the clothing stuff, but the pre order course is in the shop for like 5.49 or something and the golf carts.

Heel

So how do you get Revenge VS characters to appear if you've failed at Rank 7? Is it bugged?

Thought maybe you had to wait until the next day to try them again, but they're gone and aren't reappearing after completing tournaments. Now it's just a question mark.

I think you misunderstood. The backspin doesn't get cancelled out, but using backspin severely increases the chance of a bad impact even on PI shots. Go to an open course and choose a 1 hole round. Pull out a wedge and start hitting the ball down the fairway using no spin and make a note of where the impact dot is on your PI shots, Now do the same thing using backspin/super backspin. In previous games, I would use bs/sbs on 95% of my approach shots, not it is just too risky.
Ahhh, sry for the misunderstanding.

Willenium

Still waiting for this game to pop up as Pre-Owned on gamestop's website... I'm gonna need to renew my PS+ membership to get the most out of this and I have several vouchers for pre-owned items at GS to use, so I'm trying to make this as affordable as possible. I guess it's a good sign that people aren't unloading physical versions in droves yet.

sphinx

the piano man
some silly questions I'd like to ask...

.- how do I do back spin and/or super back spin? the tutorial said press down in the D-pad, I tried at different points and nothing happened. When exactly should I press down??

.- What's the difference between regular mode and serious mode in tournaments? only the rewards? does it get any harder?

.- How can I repeat courses? I'am very early at Beginner's Course 5 (I think), can I still play all of them or is every course I play gone for good?

.- Do I have to play unofficial courses to reach official courses? I'd rather not play the unofficial ones.

Thanks alot for any help in advance!

Mohasus

.- how do I do back spin and/or super back spin? the tutorial said press down in the D-pad, I tried at different points and nothing happened. When exactly should I press down?

Impact.

For a super back spin, up during power and down during impact. You can hold the d-pad before doing it, I find it easier this way.

.- how do I do back spin and/or super back spin? the tutorial said press down in the D-pad, I tried at different points and nothing happened. When exactly should I press down??

.- What's the difference between regular mode and serious mode in tournaments? only the rewards? does it get any harder?

.- How can I repeat courses? I'am very early at Beginner's Course 5 (I think), can I still play all of them or is every course I play gone for good?

.- Do I have to play unofficial courses to reach official courses? I'd rather not play the unofficial ones.

Thanks alot for any help in advance!

-Press Down and X (or Triangle/Circle if making adjustments) at the same time when you're trying to hit perfect impact for backspin - super backspin you have to hit Up at the top of the shot, then Down at Impact.. Alternately if you want to draw/fade you can hit Up/Right (climbing shot right to left), Up/Left (climbing shot left to right), Down/Right (sitting shot right to left), Down/Left (sitting shot left to right) all at the moment of impact with X. These shots help you get around trees or play slopes when the ball lands.

-Serious mode gives more exp and the opponents are harder, but not by much. I'm still regularly winning every tournament by 5+ strokes.

-You can go back and play the lower ranked courses whenever you want.

-I usually play the official tournaments so I can post records, but I'll occasionally play an unofficial one. Usually just pick the official one if there's one offered.

Ostinatto

Yes I think h is the only one I managed to beat in three holes. The first Special Rank VS I fought on the other hand pushed me to the last hole, but then suddenly during the tee shot moved 90° to the left and send the ball straight in the mountain.
I still have no idea what hapened.

When you reach last rank a dude tell you that when your custom club broke shortly after repairing, it may be better to recycle it. Does it means it will need to be repaired more often as time goes on?

Don't know man,:(

sphinx

the piano man
Impact.

For a super back spin, up during power and down during impact. You can hold the d-pad before doing it, I find it easier this way.

-Press Down and X (or Triangle/Circle if making adjustments) at the same time when you're trying to hit perfect impact for backspin - super backspin you have to hit Up at the top of the shot, then Down at Impact.. Alternately if you want to draw/fade you can hit Up/Right (climbing shot right to left), Up/Left (climbing shot left to right), Down/Right (sitting shot right to left), Down/Left (sitting shot left to right) all at the moment of impact with X. These shots help you get around trees or play slopes when the ball lands.

-Serious mode gives more exp and the opponents are harder, but not by much. I'm still regularly winning every tournament by 5+ strokes.

-I usually play the official tournaments so I can post records, but I'll occasionally play an unofficial one. Usually just pick the official one if there's one offered.

Thanks! :)

will try right now, it's 10:35 PM here in Europe, time to turn on my PS4 and kick some butt

Steroyd

And... breathe.

These special vs matches are pure bullshit, okay granted the AI up until this point was retarded but when the AI is doing hole in one's, and 2 100+yard eagles from approaches on regular fucking tee, I need to vent out on this nonesense because what the fuck am I meant to do against the cheating arsehole AI. >_<

RodzTF

And... breathe.

These special vs matches are pure bullshit, okay granted the AI up until this point was retarded but when the AI is doing hole in one's, and 2 100+yard eagles from approaches on regular fucking tee, I need to vent out on this nonesense because what the fuck am I meant to do against the cheating arsehole AI. >_<

I faced my second revenge vs earlier and she took me to the final two holes after getting an ace and par 4 eagle

Then on 17 her AI completely shat the bed, aiming at the wall from tee-off and getting in positions you wouldn't dream of, to then make a 110yd chip in bogey

Granted it was a tornado cup event but throughout one set of nine holes I saw the AI play it's absolute best, and absolute worst!

Was gonna make a short clip of that particular hole but forgot to capture before I quit the app :))

Wait, so you should hit down on the d-pad (backspin) the same time you press X for impact?

Do you have to do that for super backspin? (time it at the same time as impact?)

Wait, so you should hit down on the d-pad (backspin) the same time you press X for impact?

Do you have to do that for super backspin? (time it at the same time as impact?)

You just need to be holding the direction when you press for power and/or impact.
I find it easiest to hold the direction pretty much the whole time the power gauge is moving up/down.

So for super backspin I'd tap x to start the gauge, hold up while the gauge fills, tap x to set power, switch to holding down while the gauge empties, then tap x for impact.

And... breathe.

These special vs matches are pure bull****, okay granted the AI up until this point was retarded but when the AI is doing hole in one's, and 2 100+yard eagles from approaches on regular ****ing tee, I need to vent out on this nonesense because what the **** am I meant to do against the cheating arsehole AI. >_<

Chip in Eagles and Chip in Birdies consistently on teeny hole in these vs matches sends me screaming.

Heel

Holding d-pad direction(s) for accuracy + tapping confirm button + perfect accuracy on impact = Super Spin (blue flames on backspin - blue dot on meter below your club selection)

Tapping d-pad direction(s) for accuracy + tapping confirm button + perfect accuracy on impact = Ultra Spin (longer, purple flames on backspin - purple dot on meter below your club selection)

Can hold for power on Ultra Spin, but must tap for accuracy. Can hold for both power and accuracy for Super Spin.

Might have to complete Rank 5 for Ultra Spin, that's when it's mentioned as "unlocked".

Allforce

If you "copy" a character do you get the parts to use that you never owned before to use on other characters? Or are they locked to the character you copy?

Heel

If you "copy" a character do you get the parts to use that you never owned before to use on other characters? Or are they locked to the character you copy?

Pretty sure copying includes the cost of the items the character has on them for use on other characters.

It seems to be the cost of the items + 200 coin copy fee. You get to use the items you acquire, but you're paying a premium.

Ostinatto

Man dat power !!!
21368589_10159276891990402_7582570773555472320_o.jpg

So many condor farmers.
21415027_10159277205005402_4878273315582979192_o.jpg

Top Bottom