• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

x Misogi

I'm rank four and don't know what this RNG people are talking about either. Sounds like they want everything to go perfectly straight every single time no matter what. It's a golf game, it plays like one. It's got to be a delicate balance because if it's too perfect every time then the game is way too easy (and it's already fairly easy)

i've had hits where my impact will be perfect and the impact dot will be far right or far left, even to the point where it's off the scale. I haven't recorded it yet (it made the beach a very fun time), but if I notice it next time i'll get it.

First Albatross - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0DyPF-FpRo

i just got my feet wet last night with the open course online portion of the game. is there a way to challenge your friend to a 1v1 stroke match?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm rank four and don't know what this RNG people are talking about either. Sounds like they want everything to go perfectly straight every single time no matter what. It's a golf game, it plays like one. It's got to be a delicate balance because if it's too perfect every time then the game is way too easy (and it's already fairly easy)

I'm still working through the first 3 Vs characters, but I've totally noticed it. The little horizontal bar below your club selection on the bottom left of the screen...When that little "dot" is on the extreme left or right of center, you will notice the ball flying off course enough to potentially screw up your shot.

It's been most noticeable when my lie is sloping + wind + sloped landing zone. Last night I had a right to left slope lie with a right to left wind. I aimed left for the slope + left for the wind and had a PI. The meter under the club want MAX right and my ball went way right of the hole into a bunker on the back right. It was a super extreme case of shit, but it happened and messed my shot up pretty bad.

RodzTF

It makes pulling off finely-calculated shots have a chance of veering off course at total random

You could pinpoint an iron shot to the absolute foot, get PI and the control stat's RNG may knock it off course

It's happened to me more often than I'd like (haven't got an offic ace/alb yet in 720 holes)

That is why people are annoyed. They feel cheated, it was never a mechanic in previous games

It needs properly testing between starter clubs and max control clubs to see how much it correlates

Rockeeo

Another potential candidate for Condors is Eagle City hole 3. Got my 5 Albatrosses there:

QNJ4To4.jpg

My club only goes 362 feet. Is there some trick to reaching the green other than having more power? Thanks.

It makes pulling off finely-calculated shots have a chance of veering off course at total random

You could pinpoint an iron shot to the absolute foot, get PI and the control stat's RNG may knock it off course

It's happened to me more often than I'd like (haven't got an offic ace/alb yet in 720 holes)

That is why people are annoyed. They feel cheated, it was never a mechanic in previous games

It needs properly testing between starter clubs and max control clubs to see how much it correlates

That right there is why it's annoying. I have played the previous 7 games and it has never been an issue. Seems like an odd thing to add.

Exactly.

They've been going on for pages and pages now. The video evidence they provided looks like a poorly placed shot but is apparently absolute unquestionable proof of brokenness!

Whooter

So if I chip in for say, an Eagle, and it blinks "Record" up in the corner, is it recording video or just a screenshot? I have had a couple where I'd like to go back later and watch, but apparently there's just a screenie in my Media folder on the PS4 main menu...

Do I need to manually record video?

So if I chip in for say, an Eagle, and it blinks "Record" up in the corner, is it recording video or just a screenshot? I have had a couple where I'd like to go back later and watch, but apparently there's just a screenie in my Media folder on the PS4 main menu...

No. There is a video section in the data tab where you can view your shots.

x Misogi

it manually records a video. You need to hit the start button and go to something like data> videos and it'll show your eagles/ chip in birdies and whatnot

Now that I've had a week with the game what bothers me the most is the 3 click system for putting. More than just being unnecessary, I think it's actively a bad idea. It makes hitting a ball with a 1 wood 200 yards mechanically the same exact process as putting a ball one foot.

I think it was perfect the way it used to be where driving the ball and putting were similar but slightly different from a gameplay perspective. I wish they would add an option in the future for putting to be the same as games past.

neshcom

Banned
Joined an open course for the first time the other day and it was a joke. I'm too early to have any access to minigames, the FPS was in the shitter most of the time, and the actual golfing was no different than offline. That could be based on who was in my lobby, maybe, but it was incredibly aimless. There was a lucky chance thing that I think I did, but had no way to know if I actually got anything? The bonus gauge on the top bar isn't explained, but I guess it's different from the coins and items scattered around the course?

For a game that is really taking its time telling me how to play a game I already know very well, what a clusterfuck the onboarding to open courses is.

And goddammit I really want to get off Eagle City CC. The progression in courses is absurd.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
If anyone is interested, here's the secret VS character no. 10 name and text.

I'll put in spoiler incase any of you would rather wait to see who it unlocks for yourself.

xQzIBwg.jpg

surrogate

This is where you are wrong, nobody is asking for it to go perfectly straight every time. I'm fairly confident that it is consistency and correlation that is desired. Hit PI get minimal spray, hit the pink get a bit more, miss the pink get even more is the way it should be. Spray should increase by how much you miss PI, not a roll of the dice. In every prior installment, if you had two players taking the exact same shot with the same clubs/stats, and one hit PI and the other hit a bunny, 98% of the time the shot of person hitting PI would deviate far less.

As for the game being too easy, it is because of several factors, and the inconsistent spray is one of them. The lack of an impact penalty for hitting long, the greens being much easier, and the backdoor stat causing shots/putts that would have never dropped in earlier games to fall in the hole are some of the others.

Nobody wanted to love this game more than I did, but at this point I just can't. The only reason I own a PS4 is for this game, and the only reason I owned a PS3 & PS2 was for the previous installments. With the local multiplayer stats being seriously bugged, there is no reason for me to play until that is fixed.

RodzTF

Exactly.

They've been going on for pages and pages now. The video evidence they provided looks like a poorly placed shot but is apparently absolute unquestionable proof of brokenness!

Oh, look who resurfaced to contribute further pointless drivel

"They provided"... this isn't red vs blue team mate, we ain't fighting in a court of law over what is hard evidence or not

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Exactly.

Do you know what you're looking for in the video? Watch the impact indicator under the club on the bottom left of the screen. It's clear as day what the issue is. It's not a small window of RNG either...That's pretty substantial.

Do you know what you're looking for in the video? Watch the impact indicator under the club on the bottom left of the screen. It's clear as day what the issue is. It's not a small window of RNG either...That's pretty substantial.
Yet the ball still lands in the general area one would expect when playing a round of golf. It doesn't translate to hooks and slices and seems to always fall in the yellow box in the overhead view. Honestly, it's far more annoying that I cant hit woods from the sand or rough. Why is no one complaining about that?

Gandalf

Got any vids of how it has been frustrating ? I really haven't experienced this unfair rng and no one has posted any good vids.

All you have to do is watch the bottom left when you take a shot. It's not like a hidden bug or glitch, it's a design decision that effects literally every shot (unsure about putting) for everyone.

Having sunk hundreds of hours in the last one, it was immediately noticeable in this. It's not a deal-breaker, I just wish it wasn't a thing.

sphinx

the piano man
so this game autosaves everywhere...

is there a way to fuck up anything here? don't know, miss something that is a one chance thing?

Auto-save-only games like Bloodborne are mean as fuck -_-

Yet the ball still lands in the general area one would expect when playing a round of golf. It doesn't translate to hooks and slices and seems to always fall in the yellow box in the overhead view. Honestly, it's far more annoying that I cant hit woods from the sand or rough. Why is no one complaining about that?

Honestly. All the games dating back to ps1 had a slight air of cheese to them.

We used to call it, getting HotShot'd.

bigjig

I think I'd be more annoyed with perfect impacts going astray if putting wasn't so easy in this game, even on teeny cups. The Golf Club 2 this definitely ain't lol

Yea, don't play EG with remote play...

I wish I had checked for this before trying it yesterday. Wife wanted to play Mario+Rabbids, so I figured remote play would be ok. I'm surprised I never noticed the amount of hitching remote play does until now and my PS4, computer and router are within 5 feet of each other. I don't think Its been a long time since I've sworn so much at a game.

Not a big fan of golf games generally but picked this up after liking the Vita game and some of the Mario Golf games.

Really enjoying it so far only thing I would say is that it feels a bit grindy to unlock some of the courses.

I also wish there were more gimmick orientated courses in the game. Wouldn't mind some mini golf courses also, some of the mario games had that. I think even some of the older Everybody's Golf games had it too?

Any particular reason why IGN hasn't reviewed this game yet? Rather odd we are out over 1 week and there's still no review.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my game but it would be nice to see what they think.

krae_man

Did my first Daily thingie today and I scored a -12 and placed 7th out of 500. Everyone at the top of the leaderboard played the hole at least 10 times and I beat almost all of them on my first try.

You really should only get one shot.

A 2 on a Par 5.

Or a hole in one on a par 4.

Poppyseed

Now that I've had a week with the game what bothers me the most is the 3 click system for putting. More than just being unnecessary, I think it's actively a bad idea. It makes hitting a ball with a 1 wood 200 yards mechanically the same exact process as putting a ball one foot.

I think it was perfect the way it used to be where driving the ball and putting were similar but slightly different from a gameplay perspective. I wish they would add an option in the future for putting to be the same as games past.

Wow, I mega disagree. It adds another element of skill, AND the opportunity to aim your shot at the last second if you decide you need a little to the left or right.

Top Bottom