• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

doemaaan

Btw, quick noob question. What exactly does "pools" mean on the schedule. Are those just random match ups? or some sort of qualification to enter the title matches?

Duxxy3

Shit, gamerbee might actually lose here. From grand finals last year to losers bracket on first day. Nobody would guess that.

Okay,I just woke up and missed the last 7hrs. EVO is rough on the Australian sleep schedule...

I know it's a long shot, but anyone can update me on any big moments so far?
(especially in Smash)
main thing in Smash is KEN coming in and walking all over everyone, handing out 8-0s wherever he walks.

Other than that, good matches from Ganon players, Yoshi players, Peach players (shoutout to Lilo and Armada), Jiggs players... good stuff.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any American players in Persona top 8?

Yes. It's basically half and half.

*beaten*

Hopefully Akihiko wins it which would renew my interest in playing P4U. Otherwise "OMG BUFF AKIHIKO AND NERF EVERYONE ELSE" happens. ;__;

Revven

Okay. What exactly makes Marth better than Roy? Isn't Roy just Marth except with a flaming sword?

Lots of hitbox differences between them; Roy has to space his moves more towards his hilt while Marth aims for tippers. Which makes it much more difficult for Roy to combo/KO because he has no solid spacing game at neutral. His best move is a ground low poke that pops people up, but besides that he has nothing else to get in well with. And the way his physics and weight are put him at one of the worst recoveries in the game and make him incredibly easy to combo hard.

That's a summation of their differences.

Okay,I just woke up and missed the last 7hrs. EVO is rough on the Australian sleep schedule...

I know it's a long shot, but anyone can update me on any big moments so far?
(especially in Smash)

You've missed a lot of Ken's matches, Wobbling, Ganondorf taking some games, Axe, just a crap ton of stuff.

RedSwirl

Yeah I didn't' realize till now how far ahead LoL was in terms of viewership. Guess fighters still aren't as mainstream as they were back in the golden age.

Kokonoe

Banned
This match is pretty hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is Evo1 stream just a logo and revolving animation for anyone else?

Shouta

:D Good luck on SFxT don't do any bad wake up srk's :p

Yep. Gonna be playing Law/Kuma too so I'll watch it, heh.

Eating now and resting before I go get sfxt casuals.

Also PNW repping in Tekken and Persona. a lot of folks got out of pools and EBM got Top 8 in Tekken.

TheShah

Okay. What exactly makes Marth better than Roy? Isn't Roy just Marth except with a flaming sword?

In order to max knockback marth has to hit with the tip of his sword making his range game deadly. In order for roy to do max knockback he has to with the hilt of his sword making him garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom