• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

If there are even half as many good matches in Marvel as there were in AE, I will be satisfied. Yesterday was so damn nuts. And there is a lot of salt waiting to be dished out in Marvel.

Between the size of the crowd and the matches we were getting it really felt like finals day.

Horseress

fell asleep at 2am, woke up at 7am, tried desperately to go back to sleep but the marvel monster said no

If there are even half as many good matches in Marvel as there were in AE, I will be satisfied. Yesterday was so damn nuts. And there is a lot of salt waiting to be dished out in Marvel.

Yesterday already made this the best EVO ever (since the first I watched in 2011 at least). But yeah today will be nuts too, can't wait

ad_idem

What was with the salt between Laugh and Infiltration?

Basically they had to fight it out to avoid being sent to spectator mode. Laugh lost the set, and he was understandably upset/let down. They didn't make eye contact after the match, nor shook hands. That's all.

When you're talking about interest....

I have absolutely zero idea what's going on (never watched one of these in my life, I am the stereotypical button masher in fighting games) and I find myself watching.

Westlo

Now that Sako has made it this far I really feel that he has a good chance of taking the whole thing. Even if Daigo was able to make it into a final with him by some miracle, Sako is pretty good against him.

Regardless of how he does after, just hope that Daigo takes out Inflitration.

I think Sako is a lock for winner's finals, he handled Xian @ Topanga, hopefully infiltration can fight his way upto sako whether it's losers or grand finals, kinda the last big matchup we haven't seen yet.

Jarnet87

Basically they had to fight it out to avoid being sent to spectator mode. Laugh lost the set, and he was understandably upset/let down. They didn't make eye contact after the match, nor shook hands. That's all.

Yeah I saw that, I thought there may be something more to it as laugh wasn't helping infiltration during his matches earlier.

NEO0MJ

Sucks that I had to go to sleep before seeing most of the top 32 matches in SF. Where can I watch them?
Really hope that Xian wins this.

Oh, and TTT2 list of top players shows a lot of diversity character wise. How many Koreans made it?

Beckx

My god the AE play yesterday was so incredible. Still pumped from watching that.The final Laugh v. Infiltration match was the perfect way to close out the evening.

Jyosua and Bibiquadium will be streaming Guilty Gear and BlazBlue today.
Guilty Gear should start around 12, BlazBlue at 5.

Hopefully Kazunoko and Dogura take part.

LOL, I already have 6 stream popouts open, what's a few more?

What a first day. My sleep schedule is well and truly borked now but I love it. Marvel's going to be nuts today.

Running on adrenalin. Monday is going to be an unhappy day.

I just took that to mean that this was a serious match for both, serious business, and there will be time for talking later. Real Ken v. Ryu stuff. Great storyline.

I think Sako is a lock for winner's finals, he handled Xian @ Topanga.

I thought Sako beat Xian in a very close series?

Laughter 7

Neo Member
Does anyone know where there's an archive of yesterday's events? I can't find one anywhere and I fell asleep during SSBM and missed the last session of SFIV play.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was about to leave, but I made a quick snack so I watched Infiltration vs. Laugh while I ate.

Damn.

They even completely turned away from each other.

Well, time to go get some stuff done before Marvel.

ad_idem

Yeah I saw that, I thought there may be something more to it as laugh wasn't helping infiltration during his matches earlier.

I don't think that's the case. A post a few pages back even stated they were spotted on the 4th floor just having a smoke break sitting in silence.

I just took that to mean that this was a serious match for both, serious business, and there will be time for talking later. Real Ken v. Ryu stuff. Great storyline.

That's exactly how I saw it too. Just give it your all during the competition. No sand bagging, no pot splitting, just passion (almost unintentionally sounds like some homoerotic Harlequin novel), and mutual respect as a competitor. Obviously I'm describing it a bit overly flowery, but with how awesome the matches and the general ambiance was yesterday; their match was an awesome way to end the stream.

Still hyped for today, haven't even slept. But did get to watch the Tekken bits I missed. Did anyone else catch the Bronson hype train? I actually thought he had officially retired, but apparently I was mistaken.

Kikujiro

Just caught up. Laugh vs. Infiltration was the biggest buzzkill for no damn reason. The rest was really good though.

My money is on Xian.

Laugh vs Infiltration was the best match story-wise, from youtube: essentially goku vs krillin in the world tournament from dragonball.

Laugh really stepped up, his match against Justin was amazing.

I slept only 3 hours after AE and I'm not even tired, just waiting for the new day to kick off.

Beckx

Laugh vs Infiltration was the best match story-wise, from youtube: essentially goku vs krillin in the world tournament from dragonball.

Laugh really stepped up, his match against Justin was amazing.

I slept only 3 hours after AE and I'm not even tired, just waiting for the new day to kick off.

Laugh v Infiltration was also amazing technical SF play. The footsies in particular. Draw rounds are never ideal but here it was after 99 seconds of textbook play.

Horseress

Will today be the day Smedwicks will chock the world? Will Kadey have to pay $100 bucks the Smedge? All this and more all day long baby!

Pool's in 40 minutes. Scraped through one money match yesterday and that's all I've played so far, was pretty yuck but should be fun :D

Will try to work with Pool H3 for GAF!

Grzi

I am so Hyped right now, today was amazing, really.

AE.

Sako in top 8 with Evil Ryu.
Haitani in top 8 with Makoto!!!, so happy, great to see some new chataracters being represented at the top.

The Infiltration vs Laugh match, wow, that was edge of the seat stuff, you could cut the air with a knife, was so tense, amazing stuff, never seen a match like that before ever.

Wasn't Haitani top 8 last year though?

kitzkozan

Marvel will start in 51 minutes.

EVO had a great start for tournament yesterday. I really enjoyed most of shows that I managed to watch.

I'm managing my expectations since it will be hard for Marvel to match SFIV. The insane skill level isn't there even if the game is faster paced and flashier. I will be happy if about there's even half as many hype matches.

It's the mix with games such as KOF and Injustice / Smash pool which should make it a great day.

Revven

My sleep schedule is fucked, too, went to bed at a quarter of 4 AM and woke up 6 hours later. Ugh, hope I can make it through today lol. Watching Mahvel and Melee today, hype hype!

Oh and at 8 am PST/11 AM EST www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp is streaming the Melee pools that are left until Quarters/Semis start and then I think vgbc will stream Quarters/Semis matches too.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the case. But I'll post again if vgbootcamp doesn't go live at 11.

My predictions on top 8 for sunday:

• Top 8 Winners
TEAM HORI|sako vs. DM.MCZ|Xian
MCZ|Tokido vs. EG|PR Balrog

• Top 8 Losers
MCZ|Daigo Umehara vs. Infiltration
AVM|GamerBee vs. Haitani

Anybody wants to bet, PM me. Crazy that we've seen 10 characters from the top 8 players so far.

Pool's in 40 minutes. Scraped through one money match yesterday and that's all I've played so far, was pretty yuck but should be fun :D

WAR SASA

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";70076801]My predictions on top 8 for sunday:

• Top 8 Winners
TEAM HORI|sako vs. DM.MCZ|Xian
MCZ|Tokido vs. EG|PR Balrog

• Top 8 Losers
MCZ|Daigo Umehara vs. Infiltration
AVM|GamerBee vs. Haitani

Anybody wants to bet, PM me. Crazy that we've seen 10 characters from the top 8 players so far.

WAR SASA[/QUOTE]

Hope the opposite of that happens.

Limit

Should we be looking out for some more emotional betrayals like the one between Laugh and Infiltration today? Because that was some good emotional yesterday.

ad_idem

Best of luck to you! If your avatar is the team you play even cooler. Love me some Spiderman combos.

Top google images result for when's marvel

tumblr_mkz047CSyu1s28vqto1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom