• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

Quick question from the casual watcher: In Marvel why do they always seem to play in the training stage? Is it just for minimum background clutter to focus on the madness in the foreground?

MrDaravon

Looks like Fchamp v Ryry is going to be next on stream.

Quick question from the casual watcher: In Marvel why do they always seem to play in the training stage? Is it just for minimum background clutter to focus on the madness in the foreground?

Yup, same with a lot of games. Marvel has additional issues with one (or more?) stages being laggy on PS3, and also some of the backgrounds are also super busy. You'll usually only see Training Stage and sometimes the Winterland stage.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Least busy stage, so it minimizes slowdown. This is particularly a concern on PS3, as the PS3 version tends to slowdown more often.

But even on Xbox, you'll typically see people pick this stage or Bonne Wonderland just for visibility concerns, too.

BillyBones

Neo Member

All the stages except training and bonne wonderland add noticeable amounts of lag. Add to that the ps3's random lag as it heats up and nobody's going to chance it.

How long ago did UMvC3 quarter finals start, guys? I bit the bullet and went to sleep for four hours or so. Gonna have to watch the archives tonight to catch up on Smash after SG and Divekick do their thing.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I didn't say your complaints were illegitimate, but there are plenty of people here who have absolutely no problems following the games that they're watching, or the flow of the games, so I was trying to figure out why that might be true in your case. But ultimately, it just looks like a matter of opinion/taste.

I could go into detail, but having that drown in an EVO thread isnt the best idea ;)

In Injustice the complaint is self explanatory, even the announcers have a hard time being able to tell whats going on because of the Art Direction, thats basic.

In Marvel, I can follow the match fine, I said it was hard to watch. Meaning its not pleasant, it doesnt look like a nicely choreographed fight like in SF IV or KOF, its a bunch of characters doing super jumps in and out of frame and OTG OTG OTG, its visually annoying and thats due to the gameplay flow.

And yeah, of course many people will like it, its a popular game with a fantastic IP and a long legacy of games. However, popularity has little to do with quality (I was very surprised to find how many young fans Sonic 06 actually has)

Dahbomb

How long ago did UMvC3 quarter finals start, guys? I bit the bullet and went to sleep for four hours or so. Gonna have to watch the archives tonight to catch up on Smash after SG and Divekick do their thing.
This was most likely the first match.

SFxT top 8 on stream 3.

I could go into detail, but having that drown in an EVO thread isnt the best idea ;)

In Injustice the complaint is self explanatory, even the announcers have a hard time being able to tell whats going on because of the Art Direction, thats basic.

In Marvel, I can follow the match fine, I said it was hard to watch. Meaning its not pleasant, it doesnt look like a nicely choreographed fight like in SF IV or KOF, its a bunch of characters doing super jumps in and out of frame and OTG OTG OTG, its visually annoying and thats due to the gameplay flow.

And yeah, of course many people will like it, its a popular game with a fantastic IP and a long legacy of games. However, popularity has little to do with quality (I was very surprised to find how many young fans Sonic 06 actually has)

Damn Marvel 3 the Sonic '06 of FGs

hold dat shit, minions

Well now I feel dumb. I hadn't heard that they weren't able to make it again. I assumed they were a part of the big Mexico contingent that came to EVO. That sucks. Did they also have visa problems or was it for monetary reasons?

I'll still be a Bala fanboy!

The players in question are Coopa and Kula. I don't know the reason behind Coopa not going to Evo. Kula was going to go but disappeared from their scene unannounced like a month ago.

Kula was Juicebox's pick to win Evo this year.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Thankfully we all have skullgirls

S-Kill vs Markman in Divekick was fucking intense. Makes me really excited for the release given how fun the trickier characters look when you know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom