• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulubop

Kof top 8? What is it?

Winners bracket

CafeID|Verna vs. Hee San Woo
MCZ|Tokido vs. CafeID|MadKOF

Losers bracket

AGE|Romance vs. AS|Reynald
Fox vs. DM|Xian

there it it!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Watched some Injustice and MvC3,, ugh, both are really hard to watch. I really dislike the whole gameplay flow of MvC3, it sucks and Injustice has such bad art direction that even the announcers dont know exactly whats going on in a fight.

Watching SF IV and KOF was a much better experience.

I think it makes sense that games with more complex mechanics inherently would be confusing or offputting to someone watching who doesn't play it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
like how do you not have this shit together?

it's not like they decided to have Evo last week

jett

D-Member
Watched some Injustice and MvC3,, ugh, both are really hard to watch. I really dislike the whole gameplay flow of MvC3, it sucks and Injustice has such bad art direction that even the announcers dont know exactly whats going on in a fight.

Watching SF IV and KOF was a much better experience.

I like watching mahvel, but I'll agree regarding Injustice. What a dull and unexciting game to watch unfold.

Injustice is pretty fun to watch. Didn't know much about it, but the last match with Batman and Sinister (?) was pretty cool.

It's the one fighter I don't know anything about but it's really fun to watch. I really love how the changed the shittyness of breakers into a cinematic clash system with a gambling element, it looks cool as fuck and makes the leading players meter use really interesting, for example Chris G in particular seems to save stocks when he's ahead to nullify the effects of the clash or even make it so it works to his advantage.

I think it makes sense that games with more complex mechanics inherently would be confusing or offputting to someone watching who doesn't play it.

From personal experience trying to teach someone how to get into KOF is harder than something like Injustice or Marvel, and I think the mechanics of KOF are more complex than Injustice. Especially since something like the jump arcs are hard for people to get down consistently and make second nature. Watching KOF is definitely easier to follow than Marvel because there's only 2 characters to follow.

El Sloth

Banned
-Team Injustice is fun to watch-
What happened to all the Mexicans better than Bala that went to Evo?
Seriously. I remember bunch of dudes poopoo'ing Bala saying they had a bunch of guys better than him in Mexico who couldn't make it out last year. Well, now they had their chance...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dude you already asked that and I already told you he qualified in Winners.

Sorry, for some reason I didn't think this was still pools.

From personal experience trying to teach someone how to get into KOF is harder than something like Injustice or Marvel, and I think the mechanics of KOF are more complex than Injustice. Especially since something like the jump arcs are hard for people to get down consistently and make second nature. Watching KOF is definitely easier to follow than Marvel because there's only 2 characters to follow.

KOF is harder to play than both, but I'm just saying there are more complicated mechanics inherently. It's not necessarily intuitive with games like Marvel. Injustice, I suppose, though there's still interactables, stage transitions, and clashes that are just kind of weird when you first see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom