• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellen

EYC7F2J.jpg

Even though some people don't like "watching" cross Tekken or whatever. All main games should have there top eight on the main stream. I think its abit unfair too the people who actually play and enjoy the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I could go into detail, but having that drown in an EVO thread isnt the best idea ;)

In Injustice the complaint is self explanatory, even the announcers have a hard time being able to tell whats going on because of the Art Direction, thats basic.

In Marvel, I can follow the match fine, I said it was hard to watch. Meaning its not pleasant, it doesnt look like a nicely choreographed fight like in SF IV or KOF, its a bunch of characters doing super jumps in and out of frame and OTG OTG OTG, its visually annoying and thats due to the gameplay flow.

And yeah, of course many people will like it, its a popular game with a fantastic IP and a long legacy of games. However, popularity has little to do with quality (I was very surprised to find how many young fans Sonic 06 actually has)

Gotcha.

I'm not sure about Injustice. Some resets do look goofy, so it's difficult to see exactly what happened. I feel like in Marvel's case, it's not new to the series. Marvel 2 never looked like a choreographed, well-animated fight. There was a lot of abrupt bouncing around, or flying out of frame to keepaway. There weren't as many OTGs, but there were plenty of crossunders, and resets all quicker and with fewer frames than what you see in Marvel 3. There weren't as many OTGs, definitely, though. I was thinking that your main complaint was going to be with the long-ass combos and TACs in Marvel 3, as far as gameplay flow is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom