• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellen

evo2k ‏@evo2k 26s
Qualified: Dragoomba (l10 umvc3 wb) kbeast (l10 umvc3 lb) ponce (l16 umvc3 wb) nemo (l16 umvc3 lb) vista (l15 umvc3 lb) #evo2013

RC

Banned
Good to see Valle go through.

I wouldn't bother watching SFXT if it wasn't for the high end players in the top 8.

Revven

What an opening to SFxT. I had no clue Pandora was actually viable now, I thought it was still incredibly risky and not too worth the reward to use it.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Gotcha.

I'm not sure about Injustice. Some resets do look goofy, so it's difficult to see exactly what happened. I feel like in Marvel's case, it's not new to the series. Marvel 2 never looked like a choreographed, well-animated fight. There was a lot of abrupt bouncing around, or flying out of frame to keepaway. There weren't as many OTGs, but there were plenty of crossunders, and resets all quicker and with fewer frames than what you see in Marvel 3. There weren't as many OTGs, definitely, though. I was thinking that your main complaint was going to be with the long-ass combos and TACs in Marvel 3, as far as gameplay flow is concerned.

I think its extremely shitty that because you didnt block one move because you couldnt see it due to so much shit going on in the screen, leading to a combo that you cannot escape until you have no health is extremely shitty ./.. but thats a gameplay complaint, not a visual one.

The other games followed similar ideas, but the AD in Marvel has made the effects bigger and the characters blend with the background more, exacerbating the issue.

Dormammu backed by hidden missiles is suffocating. Must feel like drowning playing that.
For Marvel? I think this may be the first one.
This was most likely the first match.
Awesome
Thankfully we all have skullgirls
oh you
Yeah, cause thats what I said. Dat 5th grade reading comprehension.
People use a lot of sar-
I see that you're new to these threads; assume any post is sarcasm.
Beaten

Yeah, I can never tell when anyone posts seriously in here lol.

El Sloth

Banned
The players in question are Coopa and Kula. I don't know the reason behind Coopa not going to Evo. Kula was going to go but disappeared from their scene unannounced like a month ago.

Kula was Juicebox's pick to win Evo this year.
That...is pretty worrying actually. Have they been in contact with him since? Damn, I hope the dude is okay.

LordJim

What an opening to SFxT. I had no clue Pandora was actually viable now, I thought it was still incredibly risky and not too worth the reward to use it.

It fills your bar full instantly and the next character comes in closer, so large hitstun, float or bounces allow actual combos for most characters

Dahbomb

Dormammu backed by hidden missiles is suffocating. Must feel like drowning playing that.
About as suffocating as playing against Morrigan + Missiles, Zero + Missiles, Vergil + Missiles etc.

About as suffocating as playing against Morrigan + Missiles, Zero + Missiles, Vergil + Missiles etc.
Nah, Morrigan lets you feel like you are in control and Zero doesn't suffocate you... he takes your stick and smashes it on the floor so he can proceed with the one player game.

Not even Vergil feels as bad as Dormington does. Maybe it just feels worse because I've been put through the grinder by Karst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom