• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
I wonder if we'll beat the 2012 thread record.

Two threads:
OT1 189
OT2 159

34800 posts in 3 days (or so because of posts after the event).
will there be an event today? the iwbtg gaiden stream last year probably added a ton of posts to the total.

Choco & Gas (Dogura's girlfriend)

BO725woCAAARjVK.jpg

Sako & Xiaohai

789609667.jpg

Gamerbee

789605070.jpg

Haunted

will there be an event today? the iwbtg gaiden stream last year probably added a ton of posts to the total.
Just came here to ask if there's anything planned or going on right now?

Either official or from someone streaming some casuals or a suite or anything. Not seeing a lot of fighting games on twitch right now.

Dai101

Banned
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f369941be75600fbbd830921c5fb0bfc/tumblr_mpsq5fftV91qhhv13o1_1280.jpg[img]

Sup Gaf

Got to the hotel a couple of hours ago. $15 a day for wifi per device. [B]Fuck that shit. Right now I'm at McDonald's with Frutsy and the Mexicans that came with me on the plane.[/B][/QUOTE]

Really? Say hi to him on my behalf. Say that Dai and atomix and Mexico wish him all the luck.

Horseress

Just saying Evo is 9 games and thousand's of competitor's and the focus is Marvel and Chris G, that's all, if it's just me then I will back up, apologies.

Someone that likes Marvel started a discussion, you can be the someone who likes, I don't know, Smash maybe, and start another discussion, C'mon, don't be like that

Shouta

I actually don't mind the 15 bucks a day for wired internet at Bally's but it's part of the resort fee, lol.

Anyway, I need me some AE or SFxT casuals.

What characters do you all want to see go far this year?

Marvel: I'm really hoping we have another MODOK run this year. I think Moons, Flash, and Frutsy (if he still plays him) provide a pretty decent chance of getting a MODOK top 16/8. Also, I'd like to see Shuma do some work but Angelic seemed to be having trouble hitting his combos at Curleh West.

AE: I want to see some good Juri play. Maybe one of the international players will have what it takes. If Inflitration has to win, I hope its because he picks Hakan as a counterpick.

Injustice: I would love to see Harley, Hawkgirl, or Grundy do some damage. Superman and Black Adam have been soo strong I feel like a lot of characters have been ignored. CDjr seems to have a Flash ready to work.

SFxT: Lili would be cool to see but really anyone other than Chun, Hwaorang, Rolento.

MK9: I wish Jax was still in use, but I will settle for some Sektor.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
I'm really worried that Chris might not make it to Evo. I traveled to the airport with him (my flight was at 5pm though.) He was really late for his flight (i was staying at a friends place for the night with chris, woke up, saw he was still there and i was like wtf?)

He also has a 2-connection flight, which is something you should never do if you travel to evo the day before. I did that in 2010 and I got absolutely bodied. Connection was blown up and I showed up at the Evo floor at 11am, sleep deprived as fuck.

So even if chris makes it tomorrow..hes definitely going to be on edge/sleepy.
Would be hilarious because 99% of this thread has only been talking about Chris/Marvel heh.

As for me, I'm pretty relaxed. Haven't been this relaxed for playing at Evo in years. It's pretty nice when I have zero pressure and noone is really expecting me to do anything except for SFXT lol.

I just have to remember if I get bodied in the tournament dont walk away pissed. use those cameras and record. I walked away heated as fuck last year and missed a lot of footage after I lost.

I'm really worried that Chris might not make it to Evo. I traveled to the airport with him (my flight was at 5pm though.) He was really late for his flight (i was staying at a friends place for the night with chris, woke up, saw he was still there and i was like wtf?)

He also has a 2-connection flight, which is something you should never do if you travel to evo the day before. I did that in 2010 and I got absolutely bodied. Connection was blown up and I showed up at the Evo floor at 11am, sleep deprived as fuck.

Would be hilarious because 99% of this thread has only been talking about Chris/Marvel heh.

As for me, I'm pretty relaxed. Haven't been this relaxed for playing at Evo in years. It's pretty nice when I have zero pressure and noone is really expecting me to do anything except for SFXT lol.

I just have to remember if I get bodied in the tournament dont walk away pissed. use those cameras and record. I walked away heated as fuck last year and missed a lot of footage after I lost.

Marvel starts on saturday so no problem.

Dahbomb

I want to see Catwoman go far in Injustice.

In AE I want to see the return of Yun. Geneijin combos are hype.

In Marvel, I want Zero to win. Otherwise Iron Man in top 8 would get my dick rock hard.

In TTT2, long shot but the two characters I like the most are Raven and Zafina. Well I like Devil Jin a lot too but he should make far anyway.

In SFxT I want to see Yoshimitsu and Bryan.

Shouta

We gotta do some SFxT tonight or tomorrow, man!

Horseress

I expect you to win EVERYTHING

Otsukare

Neo Member
My buddy jest arrived on a plane with Daigo, saw a picture of them on twitter, Diago looks seriously tired, wiped out. Hope he get's an early night, he needs to be dropping bombs if he is going to break Infiltration.

Yea he said something on twitter about getting blown up at the airport. Hope he gets there alright

Kellen

fubarduck ‏@fubarduck 24m
Abegen over Moons 5-1

fubarduck ‏@fubarduck 8m
Moons running it back against Abegen.

FlyFaster

What characters do you all want to see go far this year?

Marvel: I'm really hoping we have another MODOK run this year. I think Moons, Flash, and Frutsy (if he still plays him) provide a pretty decent chance of getting a MODOK top 16/8. Also, I'd like to see Shuma do some work but Angelic seemed to be having trouble hitting his combos at Curleh West.

AE: I want to see some good Juri play. Maybe one of the international players will have what it takes. If Inflitration has to win, I hope its because he picks Hakan as a counterpick.

Injustice: I would love to see Harley, Hawkgirl, or Grundy do some damage. Superman and Black Adam have been soo strong I feel like a lot of characters have been ignored. CDjr seems to have a Flash ready to work.

SFxT: Lili would be cool to see but really anyone other than Chun, Hwaorang, Rolento.

MK9: I wish Jax was still in use, but I will settle for some Sektor.

marvel: want to see Morrigan dominate. I love her and her zoning game.

AE: Want to see Infiltration dominate again with Akuma

El Sloth

Banned
Solarpowered, have you heard about any Japanese players that registered for Skullgirls? I'd be interested in knowing the international competition for that game in general.

I'm calling the police, this thread has been HIJACKED!!!

OP can you re-name the thread:

♢ Evolution 2013 ♢ Marvel, will Chris G win and if so, will it be boring.
Sorry for simply asking an innocent question. This thread has 2000+ posts; do you honestly believe the majority of them are about Chris G? You are being silly if so.

And what's so wrong with talking about the most dominant player in the US anyways?

You know what, don't bother. I don't think I actually care.

Warpticon

There are like 5 rooms full of evo players surrounding me. Was just playing a dude named Nema (sp) and Dr. B.

I'm actually going to be able to get some casuals in. :)

Dr. B? Heh, what was he playing? That guy is pretty good at CvS2 and pretty bad at rapping. I don't know what he plays these days.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Injustice: wanna see, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Joker and SHAZAM!!!!!!!

Mahvel: realistically, I wanna see the Book of Vishanti respected. I think Stephen is stronger than most people think, and a lot of people who know how to do combos with him, don't have the fundamentals with him.... wet dream = Arthur and Thor going places :).

KOF13: the More Duolongs, the more Goros, the better

AE: I expect Xian to rule, cuz no one knows Kung-Fu

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone on GAF going to the Capcom panel? We need bros out in the field to report back announcements amongst the muddy twitter fervor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom