• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mpsq5fftV91qhhv13o1_1280.jpg

Sup Gaf

Got to the hotel a couple of hours ago. $15 a day for wifi per device. Fuck that shit. Right now I'm at McDonald's with Frutsy and the Mexicans that came with me on the plane.

Infinite

Yeah... I don't see him making top 8 in Skullgirls. This year's EVO tournament maybe be nearly twice the size of last year's and the competition will be that much fiercer.
How many we're registered for skull girls last year? I heard there was 145 pre-regs. I don't think Chris will even make top 8 in skull girls but he can surprise us.

Got to the hotel a couple of hours ago. $15 a day for wifi per device. Fuck that shit. Right now I'm at McDonald's with Frutsy and the Mexicans that came with me on the plane.
What a rip. Can't you just get the pw info from someone else? Or do they have to specifically give your device permission?

Skilletor

There are like 5 rooms full of evo players surrounding me. Was just playing a dude named Nema (sp) and Dr. B.

I'm actually going to be able to get some casuals in. :)

What a rip. Can't you just get the pw info from someone else? Or do they have to specifically give your device permission?

Most hotels use MAC level authorization (access per device).
I remember the last time I was there (Stratosphere), having to pay 12.95 per day for access.

El Sloth

Banned
Question to the dudes who don't like watching Chris G play: how do you feel about Dieminion in marvel? Or DiosX? Do you find all lame play in Marvel boring, or does that not matter when watching a unique team like, say, Dieminion's?

I'm just curious because a friend of mine says he doesn't mind watching Dieminion because he loves seeing Joe stick his tiny little fist up high tier ass. He also doesn't mind DiosX, but he was less clear why.

Since everyone is congregated here: does anyone want to play some Marvel with me? I need to test my new connection extensively. I live in CO now, so keep that in mind when you say "yes".

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If I had to guess, it would be Sig. But would Nintendo let them stream Mario 64? We're going to need Triforce to save the day again.

Good luck all that are in Vegas!!!!!!

I was there last week and 2 weeks there is way too much!!!!

Don't forget Insert Coin and the Pinball museum

so when is evo going to move to the staples center

kapap

i would fully support this. I was at AX last week and its plenty good for the FGC. The convention center stays open past midnight, plenty of hotel nearby (some across the street), and plenty of food options. If you're willing to drive/taxi, you can get amazing ramen that closes at midnight in little tokyo since its not even far at all (10-15 mins).

Clawww

:p

It is kinda weird to have an article so explicitly about breaking down and beating one player though.

it's not really what weird considering he's widely regarded as the best and the one to beat

it's no different from a sports feature on how a top team or athlete might be overcome or played around

MrDaravon

it's not really what weird considering he's widely regarded as the best and the one to beat

it's no different from a sports feature on how a top team or athlete might be overcome or played around

Sure, not saying it's inappropriate or anything, just feels kinda weird. Unless this finally means...we're esports now!?

Shouta

Wahlgreens is a godsend in Vegas.

Got some of the stuff I need plus cheap water and snacks. I'm all set for tonight and early tomorrow.

Otsukare

Neo Member
I'm calling the police, this thread has been HIJACKED!!!

OP can you re-name the thread:

♢ Evolution 2013 ♢ Marvel, will Chris G win and if so, will it be boring.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder if we'll beat the 2012 thread record.

Two threads:
OT1 189
OT2 159

34800 posts in 3 days (or so because of posts after the event).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom