• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light

hey guys it looks like CafeId is actively encouraging people to come to their room to get KoF games in. It seems that at the moment they are getting setups put together and are also trying to get their stream working. Per the MAD_KoF Twitter:

stay tuned!

Just when I was about to play some real bout :/ Not missing this tho if a stream happens!

Dahbomb

My top 3 things to look for other than Christ G

1) has champ really been sandbagging for a year?

2) how many zero trilogy's are we gonna see

3) are the Japanese real? Specifically Nemo
1) I don't think he has been sandbagging for the whole year but at certain events he definitely was. Even last year at EVO he was sandbagging a bit against Ifrit which got him bopped.

2) Do you mean OCVing a team or getting 3-0? Probably a lot of the first one not as many as the second.

3) Nemo is "real" but him placing high is another story. The rest of Japan I am not expecting much. I would also say that the Mexicans will bring the heat as well.

3) Nemo is "real" but him placing high is another story. The rest of Japan I am not expecting much. I would also say that the Mexicans will bring the heat as well.

Yea, let me change my number 3. Which of the international players is gonna do the best/ is any international gonna make top8

Dahbomb

Top 5 international players at EVO are KBR, Frutsy, Nemo, White Black and Zak Bennet. After that you have players like Tokido, Disgruntled GOA, Taekua (if you consider him Mexican), El Gato and Abegen. I am sure there are a lot of hidden international players but those are the ones with tournament placings and seeds.

If you exclude ChrisG from US, then a 5v5 USA vs World would actually be competitive this time around.

stqGOyr.png

you work this hard to get into evo and dont have enough setups?!

come on

Top 5 international players at EVO are KBR, Frutsy, Nemo, White Black and Zak Bennet. After that you have players like Tokido, Disgruntled GOA, Taekua (if you consider him Mexican), El Gato and Abegen. I am sure there are a lot of hidden international players but those are the ones with tournament placings and seeds.

If you exclude ChrisG from US, then a 5v5 USA vs World would actually be competitive this time around.

They should do a Chris G vs the World (including US) instead, that'll be more fun.

stqGOyr.png

you work this hard to get into evo and dont have enough setups?!

come on

don't believe it.

Why would Mr Wizard and the Cannons need to ask other people to ask for things?

They already said Melee is at EVO, the blowback would be huge if they suddenly decide last minute not to run it.

OceanBlue

If they don't have enough setups, they can't run pools on time. We all knew it was on the Smash community to supply the bulk of those because their needs are so different.

Hopefully they can find the setups. No way they can't find four more between 700+ people and all of Vegas.

phaonaut

Smash only has 16 total setups? for 700 people?

or what they guy only responsible for bringing 16?

Also they can run to a pawn shop and get as many crts as they like, unless they are really particular with brand.

If they don't have enough setups, they can't run pools on time. We all knew it was on the Smash community to supply the bulk of those because their needs are so different.

Hopefully they can find the setups. No way they can't find four more between 700+ people and all of Vegas.

No matter what the situation was, they were going to run a melee tournament. They aren't going to refund 700~ people hotel, registration, and/or travel.

The shitstorm that would happen if they said "guys we don't have the 4 tvs, no melee" would be big as cross assault.

OceanBlue

No matter what the situation was, they were going to run a melee tournament. They aren't going to refund 700~ people hotel, registration, and/or travel.

The shitstorm that would happen if they said "guys we don't have the 4 tvs, no melee" would be big as cross assault.
Lol that's true. I guess I said something silly.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
But that's what EVO is... its already ChrisG vs the field/world/universe.

And Melee didn't screw over Tekken, Tekken players screwed over Tekken.

Melee players about to screw over Melee too

So I guess they're similar

Also according to the comments in that status they need 9 more setups as well.

Met someone who was part of the Skullgirls PC port team tonight at BurGR. Cool dude.

Having fun here so far, line to get a pass was massive earlier today around open time. Trips been promising so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom