• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
So I've made two bets:

The Pool > Infiltration for $20
and
Chris G > The Pool for $20

I like my odds.

unreon

God dammit I missed what happened when they screamed "OMG AXE"
Axe caught the Peach in a grab, did an upthrow.
Peach tried to DI to the right, away.
Axe full jumped towards Peach, throws out a Thundershock.
Somehow thanks to appropriate %, the stun from Thundershock lasts long enough and pushes Peach far enough for...
Axe's jump arc lands just under Peach, combos the Thundershock into Upsmash. For a second 4-stock.

Basically equivalent double perfects in a SF game.

Watching EVO is making me reconsider my interest in fighting games...... I'm getting bored. (Tho the smash stream has been a bit entertaining.) Guess I should wait for Day2 for shit to get real.

To be fair, 720p+ looks significantly better than the twitch reencoded 720p.

Cool. I considered buying the pass this year but I am working 9 hours on sunday so it's probably not gonna be worth it. Should get home in time for marvel and ae finals... may change my mind at that time lol.

Anteo

Axe caught the Peach in a grab, did an upthrow.
Peach tried to DI to the right, away.
Axe full jumped towards Peach, throws out a Thundershock.
Somehow thanks to appropriate %, the stun from Thundershock lasts long enough and pushes Peach far enough for...
Axe's jump arc lands just under Peach, combos the Thundershock into Upsmash. For a second 4-stock.

Basically equivalent double perfects in a SF game.

Oh wow.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69859916]I'll bet you 50 that Infiltration makes it out of pools.[/QUOTE]
I think he meant to say player vs field.

phaonaut

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69859916]I'll bet you 50 that Infiltration makes it out of pools.[/QUOTE]

I think he means The Field, if not thats a terrible bet.

Westlo

Watching EVO is making me reconsider my interest in fighting games...... I'm getting bored. (Tho the smash stream has been a bit entertaining.) Guess I should wait for Day2 for shit to get real.

You wait for qrt and semi finals man, pools is pretty shit for all games outside of a few matches. where you get 2 good people in pools or an unexpected player gives a good player a run.

But sfiv qtrs and semis starts in like 7-8 hours. gonna sleep soon and wake up for that shit.

theowne

You're considering quitting fighting games because EVO Day 1 at 9AM is boring?

You wait for qrt and semi finals man, pools is pretty shit for all games outside of a few matches. where you get 2 good people in pools or an unexpected player gives a good player a run.

But sfiv qtrs and semis starts in like 7-8 hours. gonna sleep soon and wake up for that shit.

Most def. I'm just waiting for XIII to start now. It's a bit entertaining to watch Yun in IV, love some Gen Ei Jin.

Trying to keep an eye out for ProjectJustice tho.

Revven

I think first upset on Melee is going on, KingFunk plays Armada A LOT and is one of the top European players. If Eval wins this match, it's... an upset. Like, holy crap, haha.

Why should watching people play fighting games have anything to do with your interest in playing them?

Tekken will finish around 3 EST. So the quality will be there soon. For now, Nin is making people look dumb.

You're considering quitting fighting games because EVO Day 1 at 9AM is boring?

lol man I'll never quit fighting games. It's hardcoded in my DNA. Just watching it competitively, I've been drifting further away from the competitive scene lately. I didn't even bother to watch any major tourneys outside of EVO this year. I think I watched Final Round, (not sure probably not.)

Why should watching people play fighting games have anything to do with your interest in playing them?

Calm down. I was just stating that I was bored. Don't get defensive man. Let me have my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom