• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Evo, World Cup consolation match and Final, and The International 4 all on one weekend. I need clones to watch all this goodness.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Going to do all the yard work tonight and tomorrow so I don't have to do anything this weekend but veg and watch people play video games! I'm probably going to just setup my Roku with the Twitch channel and hang in the living room. A+

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Latif is ready...

10511308_10203316504885650_5686525081959563900_n.jpg

For those wanting to meet up

When I got here yesterday they asked what floor I wanted to be on. I assume everyone else will have that same luxury, so if we all hit the same floor meet ups and sessions will probably be that much easier.

I'm on 21.

The other thing is that the elevator splits between 15 and 16+, so at least get something on the higher end so we're not elevator hopping a lot.

Wunder

If there is an EVO-GAF meetup happening, I'd love to come along as well!

I'm coming all the way from Australia however, so I don't have a USA phone yet. Happy to get PM'd details if it's happening :)

me too! Getting in on Thursday evening, meeting up with some friends but would be totally down for meeting some GAFfers on one of the nights.

man, that would be awesome if k-brad could make it to top 8 with decapre. it would put a lot more faith in that character for the current decapre players too.

galvatron

I hope somebody brings a Hugo. That is the kind of stuff that could be very hard to stop without the matchup knowledge.

Anybody to look out for there?

Is CORN | Alucard going? If so, he's your guy.

Jibbo has already said he's not going because he doesn't like SF4 that much and Hugo isn't good enough for top 8 to be likely.

If I want to watch but don't want to chat, do I need to subscribe to the streams?

Also, I'm slightly disappointed there's no Divekick this year, but I understand.

For those wanting to meet up

When I got here yesterday they asked what floor I wanted to be on. I assume everyone else will have that same luxury, so if we all hit the same floor meet ups and sessions will probably be that much easier.

I'm on 21.

The other thing is that the elevator splits between 15 and 16+, so at least get something on the higher end so we're not elevator hopping a lot.

I'll keep that in mind and see if I can convince my roommate to get the room in that area

Hey, can anyone who is there already let me know what kind of hookups the room TV's take and if they are accessible? I want to make sure I bring the right cables.

Thanks

Noaloha

Speaking of which, I'm gonna make a contentious claim and I'm wondering if it holds any water: the Golden Age of Evo Salty Suites is over. Horseshit or no?

phaonaut

Speaking of which, I'm gonna make a contentious claim and I'm wondering if it holds any water: the Golden Age of Evo Salty Suites is over. Horseshit or no?

Salty Suites in general seem to be a bygone thing unless hosted by the event or a dedicated streamer like art. The novelty may have given in to the work involved, especially after a long day.

I wonder how much of Tekken's low attendance numbers can be attributed to the game being played on Xbox this year.

Some games are still being played on ps3, Tekken is one of them.

antibolo

Banned
probably a decent amount

lots of tekken players play on pad

Yeah it's a damn shame. The Tekken scene is already struggling, and this does not help.

Their "Xbox over PS3 when available" policy this year is dumb because it should have only applied to Capcom games, which are really the only ones that are better on Xbox. For any other game there's no point in doing this, their respective scenes will typically be more PS3 based, especially at the international level (KOF might be hurt by this as well).

BY2K

Membero Americo
So... prediction time:

USF4: Infiltration
Marvel: Cloud 805
Smash: aMSa
KI: Maximillian
Injustice: Chris G

El Sloth

Banned
When I was his age, I was already downloading stuff like Seasons of Sakura and Three Sisters Story. (And I'm probably dating myself there. :x) I would bet he has a download folder gigs deep with everything from Alicesoft to Lilith Soft.
I had to google what these were. Old man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom