• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

wait what happen to Zero? Did I miss something where wolverine is now better than zero because I don't see how overall.

Nope. Zero is just as strong as always but fewer of the toppest of top levels player use him. Abd, people are finally getting good with characters who could in theory prevent the opponent from playing the game after getting one hit.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Subscribed, streams bookmarked.

I'm ready.

I'm probably gonna miss the Marvel and Street Fighter Finals again... I work the next morning, damn it.

Platy

Anyone knows if there will be a stream with the indie games like nidhoog and towerfall ?

World cup isn't out of the way yet.

Unless you were a Brazil fan lol...

I LIVE in Brazil.

You know how HARD is it to call even the nerds to meet to watch evo when Brazil was being considered for the finals ? =P

Their "Xbox over PS3 when available" policy this year is dumb because it should have only applied to Capcom games, which are really the only ones that are better on Xbox. For any other game there's no point in doing this, their respective scenes will typically be more PS3 based, especially at the international level (KOF might be hurt by this as well).

Injustice is better on 360 and the majority of players are happy it's now the standard.

Salvatron

Great OT!

This will be my 2nd EVO. HYPE!
I'm competing in Ultra.. but will most likely get bodied.

My body is ready... to get bodied.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As far as games I don't usually watch, I think I'm most interested in KI this EVO. Was Tekken the past few years.

Anyways, my predictions:

USFIV
Likely: Infiltration
Want: MCZ Daigo

UMvC3
Likely: GG NYChrisG
Want: GG NYChrisG

Melee
Likely: P4K EMP Mew2King
Want: CRS HungryBox

KI
Likely: Justin Wong
Want: RG Rico Suave

Injustice
Likely: Theo
Want: GG 16-Bit

KoF XIII
Likely: MCZ Tokido
Want: MCZ Tokido

TTT2
Likely: Anakin
Want: NYCFab

ILoveBish

Ki is there so people have time to eat, take a dump make, coffee, etc. Its nice. If it were a good game, it would be nonstop and no breaks.

Predictions for the games I know:

USFIV
Likely: Infiltration
Want: Infiltration

UMvC3
Likely: GG NYChrisG
Want: BT Clockw0rk

Melee
Likely: C9 Mang0
Want: C9 Mang0

KoF XIII
Likely: MCZ Tokido
Want: MCZ Tokido

jbug617

Banned
BsIupMWCcAAKFp3.jpg

courtesy of https://twitter.com/verytragic/status/487002995779850240

Revven

No way is M2k the favorite over Armada, Mango or PPMD.

He may not be the favorite and let his fans down a lot BUT he is going to have his controller back that he lost at MLG. So, not sure how much of a difference that'll make but maybe it'll give him the confidence boost he desperately needs. We'll see.

I'd certainly love to see it happen but I doubt it will. His chance to prove he was back was after he beat Hbox at TBH3 -- using that win to carry the momentum forward. But unfortunately he didn't really and as of late has fallen back into a slump (which wasn't helped by him losing his controller at MLG lol).

smurfx

get some go again
some bad news for evo. looks like the world cup finals is going to be good. i know i'll be watching and cheering for germany to destroy argentina.

some bad news for evo. looks like the world cup finals is going to be good. i know i'll be watching and cheering for germany to destroy argentina.

Well, good thing I'm American and don't even pretend to like Soccer when the US is competing in the World Cup. So I guess I can focus on EVO this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom