• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I got your back

Just don't let no other man shoot your dog

El Sloth

Banned
Pic from the new ballroom:

g1vCSzh.jpg

Tom Cannon says it's the biggest they've ever had. How big was last years?

Vice

i´m curious if the marvel meta has evolved in any form ... or will it be soulfist again? o_O

It has, but next Evo will be the year of you really don't get to play. Firebrands and Vipers will pop up alongside Zeros and Morrigans,

Dahbomb

Marvel has "evolved" from you don't get to play properly in the neutral against Morrigan/Doom/Vergil to you don't get to play AT ALL if you get hit by Firebrand.

It has, but next Evo will be the year of you really don't get to play. Firebrands and Vipers will pop up alongside Zeros and Morrigans,

Zero is not a threat to win EVO. His time has passed. Wolverine, Mags, Morrigan, Firebrand, Vergil, Doom are the real threats to win.

Vice

Zero is not a threat to win EVO. His time has passed. Wolverine, Mags, Morrigan, Firebrand, Vergil, Doom are the real threats to win.

Zero is harder to win with than Morrigan, Firebrand and Wolverine but he's easily a top point character. Flocker, Cloud and one other Zero players will likely get top 16/8. No clue who will take it this year though. Apologyman has a shot but seems to have trouble closing it out and then there's the Justin-Fchamp-Chris that always have a chance for taking Evo.

Dahbomb

The most likely winners of EVO are going to be ChrisG, FChamp or Justin Wong. Whatever characters they pick are "threats" to win EVO.

If Justin busts out a Zero in grand final then Zero is a major threat to win. Just like Dormammu is a threat to win EVO (as he has done it already) or Storm/Akuma are.

That isn't a statement of character strength it's a statement about player strength. The fact that Akuma has just as much chance of winning EVO as Zero does (if not more) should tell you that much.

I don't think Firebrand has a higher chance of winning EVO than Zero though. Apologyman is a threat to make top 8 not win EVO. He has bad match up against ChrisG and FChamp has a counter pick ready for him. Plus he has real nerve issues, likely to get flustered in such a high level stage for the first time.

Sayad

My predections:

USF4: Infiltration, this is it guys, she have been away for a few years, but Chun is coming back to win EVO this year
Marvel: Chris
Smash: Armada
BBCP: Dogura
KI: Justin Wong
Injustice: Theo
KoF: Tokido
TTT2: DK

I don't see Infiltration taking this EVO. Even though with Ultra his power level has increased ten fold, the Japanese Gods will be there to stomp him into the dirt Topanga style.

Plus he should've lost like 3 times at CEO but ninjas kept choking.

Owensboro

Thanks to a poorly timed wedding that I have to attend, I'm totally going to miss Friday, Saturday, and maybe all of Sunday. Are the replays / twitch archives going to be free or am I going to get screwed and have to subscribe to a channel to watch anything?

Exile20

USF4: Justin Wong
Marvel: Justin Wong
Smash: Justin Wong
KI: Justin Wong
Injustice: Justin Wong

Hahahahah, only if.

Seriously I fear fro Justin. He doesnt seem to taking it or training as seriously as the others. He has talent beyond many others tho so maybe it will pay off.

Champ is training like a beast.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Justin hasn't won Marvel since Ultimate came out, I don't see him winning at EVO.

And I know it's a joke, but does he even play Smash and Injustice?

F.Champ's the defending champion, right?

ldcommando

Banned
Thanks to a poorly timed wedding that I have to attend, I'm totally going to miss Friday, Saturday, and maybe all of Sunday. Are the replays / twitch archives going to be free or am I going to get screwed and have to subscribe to a channel to watch anything?

Free

Exile20

Justin hasn't won Marvel since Ultimate came out, I don't see him winning at EVO.

And I know it's a joke, but does he even play Smash and Injustice?

F.Champ's the defending champion, right?

No, FLocker. It was Wong Vs Flocker and Justin dropped a combo and lost. He came from losers too. That one hurt. He should have won.

Felt kinda bad for Flocker tho. Although he won, Justin's comeback over shadowed it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh right I went to sleep because I was working the next day and I missed the Marvel and AE finals. (They were hella behind schedule last year...)

zlatko

Banned
I've got all of Friday off at work, and plan to watch a lot of pools for USF4 that day. Should be a good time.

Will watch while I get bodied online with my Rolento.

Kumubou

I was hoping nycfurby would be
He's too busy working the event, since he's on production (helping record the panels, specifically). Right now it's planned to be streamed on http://twitch.tv/numakie (SoCal streamer, he streams a bunch of of the random games at The Runback and Rebel Up), but he has noooooo idea if the 4G connection will work well, or at all. So don't be surprised if there's no stream... but it'll be recorded.

El Sloth

Banned
Seriously though, who are these guys, I've never heard of them until they sponsored Smash players.

http://www.mortalityesports.com/content/about-us
Mortality eSports is a Limited Liability Company registered in Virginia, United States of America. Our goal is to further develop our reputation as an organization of professional gaming teams while striving to field some of the fiercest competition in the eSport community.

Mortality was founded in 2013 by the Its Gosu network and multiple gaming enthusiasts who decided to combine their over 30 years' collective gaming experience and professional eSport competitive knowledge to form an organization that puts their teams and players first.

Mortality eSports aims to adhere to a plan of steadily seizing opportunities for growth as they emerge and ultimately developing an iconic gaming brand.

At Mortality eSports we understand the importance of partners and sponsors and how they can facilitate our gaming success. In return we would like to offer a direct link to the gaming and eSports market.

Whether a fan, player, or client, join us in becoming a world leading eSport organization.

http://www.itsgosu.com/site-info/about-us

ItsGosu.com is a social networking community of gamers and casters of all backgrounds which emphasizes connectivity, interaction, and competition throughout eSports as a whole, be it Starcraft II, Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, or Marvel vs. Capcom.

It is the mission of It's Gosu to provide a healthy and thriving social networking community to serve as a platform to create a fun atmosphere of learning and competition. In order to meet this goal, we provide consistent news updates, forums for discussion, and a number of tools which allow our users to connect with one another and participate in eSports at all levels, be they viewers, users, or competitors.

On the pragmatic side of things, we are in the process of providing our very own in-house, automated tournament system which will be open to all of our users to use in their own way, on their own time to set up their own events. On the social side of things, we provide a robust framework of social networking tools, including automated blogging features, custom user photo albums, replay uploading, and highly customizable profiles, all free of charge to all users.

This is, of course, aside from our efforts to bring the community the latest breaking news concerning the NASL, IPL, GSL, and all other Starcraft 2 competitive outlets, as well as news relevant to any competitive gamer, no matter their chosen game.

We feature tournaments (such as our Beta, Alpha, Omega Divisionals, King of the Hill, Monthly Show Matches, et cetera), contests (such as our Replay of the Week contest and various giveaways to viewers of our stream), a live stream-feed embedded into our site which is updated in real time to let our users know who is online and currently streaming, be it us or another major stream, and so much more.

We hope you'll join us in bringing eSports to the masses, and in bringing the joy of competitive gaming to every corner of North America, as well as across the world.

We are It's Gosu: eSports for Everyone.

So, uh, these guys I guess. I never heard of either of these organizations before just now.

I hate that I'm gonna miss the first day of this. I have the vacation time and could just call in sick, but that's not a good look.

Oh well. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom