• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
http://livestreamer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

I use vlc myself, since I didn't fell like changing the defaults to much.

Took me a while to get the file-caching going (I derped since it is in the config, just commented out lol)
http://vaughnwhiskey.tumblr.com/post/70143889580/watching-twitch-tv-streams-via-vlc-player (in the "ADVANCED OPTIONS" area and the section above it under optional)

Thanks, guys. This will come in handy.

Capcom already with 25k in the morning. I wonder how close it will get to 100k by the end of the night. Last year SF4 had the biggest numbers outside of the last day with 65k or so.

ad_idem

Capcom already with 25k in the morning. I wonder how close it will get to 100k by the end of the night. Last year SF4 had the biggest numbers outside of the last day with 65k or so.

I could certainly be incorrect here, but wasn't it Smash that had the highest views outside of finals last year?

hitsugi

Yeah this is pretty much why so many people have this sentiment that Daigo's Evil Ryu sucks or isn't as good as his Ryu. Their is so little footage of his Evil Ryu and what little footage we do have isn't impressing many people who are use to seeing how Sako played Evil Ryu.

What we have seen is him losing to Tinshi and looking less than stellar in a team tournament. Then we have him looking really fucking solid in the USF4 console launch stream and in those Japan tournament matches against Mago, Jihuta(Gouken players), and Gachikun. And many people who saw those matches were left unimpressed because they felt he played very boring and didn't utilize Evil Ryu's mix ups.

We haven't actually seen him in long sets or in a American style tournament yet. EVO 2014 will be the first American tournament we see his Evil Ryu in. Anything less than top 8 will be pretty disappointing and let the doubters feel justified in their previous claims. I think he'll do fine though, I'll be rooting for him to take it all.

Daigo did make some very smart moves in those matches. Things like ex-fireball -> FADC to create big punishes against fireball throwing impressed me. That was about it, but I still liked that.

ad_idem

Tampa Bison so solid. Surprised he's not wearing his kappa shirt though.

And speaking of sponsors (and shirts) I've seen Infiltration wear that Gems shirt a lot at tournaments. Is that a new sponsor?

I could certainly be incorrect here, but wasn't it Smash that had the highest views outside of finals last year?

I have no idea, I just figured Smash's numbers didn't get huge until it got on the main stream. I have no idea how big side streams were last year, I just figured none of them got anywhere as big as the games on the main stream.

I wonder how many viewers Dota 2 is going to take away from EVO, I don't think the fans overlap that much though(except for weirdos like me).

JeTmAn81

Infiltration against this guy!

1333511-thrilla_gorilla.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom