• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad_idem

I have no idea, I just figured Smash's numbers didn't get huge until it got on the main stream. I have no idea how big side streams were last year, I just figured none of them got anywhere as big as the games on the main stream.

I'm not sure either and can't seem to find information on it other than:

Polygon said:
According to Matthew DiPietro, vice president of marketing at Twitch, concurrent viewership during Evo peaked at 144,848 for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. That viewership figure bests Twitch's estimates for Super Smash Bros. Melee, which drew 134,000 viewers, and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, which drew 125,000 viewers.

Feels weird linking Polygon

But that's just for the peaks (I'm assuming during finals for their respective games)

JeTmAn81

You have to wonder how the numbers would shake out if the most popular game wasn't consistently pushed back to the later hours for a lot of viewers.

BsRmPmTCYAAc862.jpg:large

KING
OF
AWESOOOOOOOOOOME

Art just tweeted that he's playing Kyabetsu on stream in the match after this one. Kyabetsu is one of Japan's best Vipers. I guess Art will go with Rose for this match up.

Unlucky

Xian does want to switch from Gen, after EVO. He said so on his stream. He did not say which character(s) he is considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom