• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Got it all set up! So glad streaming apps went "free" on Xbox finally. This will be the first year I watch the games on my 61". Normally I'm at work with matches on the second monitor but the server cooling went out so it's 87+ degrees in there. Working from home today. EVO on the big screen!

kMdICMy.jpg

Now to watch Veloc1raptor fight this wizard.

My favorite EVO player is ";___;" the guy who played the first marvel match on a Saturday and didn't know what the hell he was doing.

I think all the descriptions on his bio card were emote things

rrc1594

Guys I have class so I'm miss SF4 pools, I know Capcomfighters you need subscribe to watch past videos. Would their be a way watch pools after done somewhere else

ad_idem

Guys I have class so I'm miss SF4 pools, I know Capcomfighters you need subscribe to watch past videos. Would their be a way watch pools after done somewhere else

Not the most ideal, but could use the twitch app to stream it and have earphones in one ear. Like listening to the world cup via radio or something.

Also yeah Veloc1raptor is hungry for this. He was on point.

Edit: I realize now you specifically stated "watch" so my suggestion is even more removed from ideal. Sorry.

rrc1594

Not most ideal, but could use the twitch app to stream it and have earphones in one ear. Like listening to the world cup via radio or something.

Also yeah Veloc1raptor is hungry for this. He was on point.

Sadly I would need my ears, I'm audio engineer :(

Omnicent

Would you happen to have a link to instructions for livestreamer? I read about it before and forgot to implement it. I think I'll want to for EVO, though.

http://livestreamer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

I use vlc myself, since I didn't fell like changing the defaults to much.

Took me a while to get the file-caching going (I derped since it is in the config, just commented out lol)
http://vaughnwhiskey.tumblr.com/post/70143889580/watching-twitch-tv-streams-via-vlc-player (in the "ADVANCED OPTIONS" area and the section above it under optional)

JeTmAn81

So I think James Chen said there were about 180 Japanese players at EVO. Japan is far away. I priced out a flight from Tokyo to Las Vegas and it comes up at around $1,800. Multiplied by 180, that comes out to over $300,000 in flights alone spent on getting these guys to the biggest tournament in the world. Get hype!

Revven

WTF

It's hard to take SSB seriously at a competitive level.

Only three characters have luck-based moves:

Luigi, whose Side B can randomly misfire (which makes it travel further and do tons more knockback/damage).

Game & Watch whose Side B has 9 different hammers, each one does a different thing and it's random what hammer you get. 9 is the strongest and can KO really, really early

Peach's Turnips all have different knockback/damage and you can tell which one she has by the face on it. Stitchface is the scariest one as it does 36% and has high knockback. Not only that but she can pull Mr. Saturns, Beam Swords, and Bob-ombs BUT they're all pretty rare.

Nobody else has randomness like that, though.

Is coaching not allowed at EVO? It kind of looks weird to not see the player with a friend beside them since we see that so much nowadays at majors.

Why does this Akuma player refuse to do demon flip dive kick? If Jebaily does DWU and the dive kick whiffs, his jabs will be meaty. But he kept going for palm which left too much of a gap between him landing and Jebaily waking up.

ad_idem

Would you happen to have a link to instructions for livestreamer? I read about it before and forgot to implement it. I think I'll want to for EVO, though.

http://livestreamer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

I use vlc myself, since I didn't fell like changing the defaults to much.

In addition to that link, could reference this as well for quick set up: Here

Sadly I would need my ears, I'm audio engineer :(

As mentioned above, Youtube might be your best option. But hunting for specific matches would be annoying for you :(. But yeah if you need your ears specifically, could always still do the twitch app and have it on mute and watch in class. Unless your environment wouldn't allow or make it too obvious (lecture halls make this easy) but if you're in some sort of lab or smaller class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom