• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad_idem

I am trying to get livestreamer to work, but can't figure it out, I edited the livestreamerrc file with this
Code:
# pip install livestreamer
$ livestreamer twitch.tv/srkevo1 best
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

What is the issue? Are you having problems loading the stream? Or with actual installation? Try this link here. If you have issues after following those steps, feel free to post the error you're getting.

Tesseract

Banned
dat spire ire

iBcexTwbKsGxx.gif

Omnicent

I am trying to get livestreamer to work, but can't figure it out, I edited the livestreamerrc file with this
Code:
# pip install livestreamer
$ livestreamer twitch.tv/srkevo1 best
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

1. open livestreamerrc (make sure to remove the code you added, since you need to add nothing really, unless you want to default to best which I also make a note of).

2. uncomment (remove the hash) the code that has your player of choice.
In my case it was one of the vlc's that uses file-caching (was player="C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --file-caching=10000 for me. It's normally set to 5000ms. They suggest a range of 1,000-10,000 for vlc file caching)

3. uncomment player-no-close (this way it will not close vlc when the stream ends, but when you close the player)

4. add to the config best-stream-default

5. open the command line (cmd) and input livestreamer twitch.tv/srkevo1

There are other things you can do such as change vlc network caching to make things smoother if you are experiencing stutter.
All the above is brief, but you can check the livestreamer reddit for more info (posted earlier in this thread. I don;t have the link to it offhand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom