• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

16BitNova

I have a feeling it may not be someone in the FGC stealing though. Could just be some randoms. I mean they are in a hotel with all sorts of people. Some sketchy folk may hear about a tournament with prize money and lots of expensive equipment and go for it. I'm being optimistic for the community's image here...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly, people shouldn't have to live in constant fear of everyone around them. Some messed up thinking.
It's not fear to treat valuable things like they are valuable. That's basic personal security and protects you from more than just other human being's intentions.

Omega

Banned
shit like that isn't a good look for the scene.

If you're gonna charge $12 for non-potato quality stream you better start putting that towards real security. dudes just can't be stealing tables/money/medals and walking on stage to take selfies.

its not victim blaming. im tired of that being thrown around. its called common sense and not being naive. i wouldnt trust my money around a bunch of people i dont know.
You're literally blaming the victim.

I won't say it's victim blaming but if there is a sad common ocourrance of theft in a event. I would always keep my things in plain sight. But I am from the third world and have a perspectives that makes me trust very few people.
This is true, I know I've met foreigners who were very agressive and rude over simple mistakes because they thought they were being cheated. It's a different culture.

What the fuck
Maybe he means a spotlight?

jerry1594

Honestly, people shouldn't have to live in constant fear of everyone around them. Some messed up thinking.
holding on to your valuables a crowded event known to have scumbag fuckers snatching shit from anyone isn't living in fear. Not blaming Neo, but everyone should know this.

Cyrano

You shouldn't have to but you need to be realistic, people are dicks
Nope, this is one of those, "if this is reality, then fuck reality" kinda situations. Also, we really shouldn't allow a few people who are terrible to define all of us. The worst of us shouldn't decide who we all are.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Not sure what a thief has to do with an entire community. Thieves have been a part of humanity and always will be. A bitch thief doesn't mark an entire community of people. Really sucks for him, and hopefully some sort of in karma takes place, but that isn't a slash against FGC.

What an asshole though, good lord.

Thievery is a huge issue in the FGC. Real talk, the FGC is full of everyone from hood niggas to suburban white kids, etc. A lot of people have the, "Gotta get mine" type mentality and don't care who they fuck over to get theirs. Case in example: Neo.

ironmang

5msG4PK.gif

LOL

You know what I don't care. Take care of your shit. I've gotten shit stolen from me before and I've always blamed myself for leaving myself open to it happening. The person who did this is pure scum but people need to protect their shit better. Now if he got straight up snuffed or held at gunpoint that's a different story.
Nah, that's real dumb. People shouldn't be so shitty as to randomly steal peoples stuff. People shouldn't have to worry about protecting their shit. It should be a community where people don't get their shit stolen in the first place.

Nanashrew

Banned
its not victim blaming. im tired of that being thrown around. its called common sense and not being naive. i wouldnt trust my money around a bunch of people i dont know.

Thieves are actually getting more daring at these events because many haven't been caught. That money Neo had was going towards school.

Revven

I have a feeling it may not be someone in the FGC stealing though. Could just be some randoms. I mean they are in a hotel with all sorts of people. Some sketchy folk may hear about a tournament with prize money and lots of expensive equipment and go for it. I'm being optimistic for the community's image here...

This isn't the first time someone known in the community has had something stolen from them. This has happened before (but not with prize money), usually with personal possessions but in this case it was actual prize money Neo won.

I mean, even back at Apex sp00ky got his 3DS stolen after it had been used to stream, too.

Even one of the Smash 4 commentators' got their Gamecube controller stolen right under their nose (left it at the commentator table for a second and then it was gone) yesterday.

This isn't the first time we've heard of a theft at a tournament. It's not a common problem but it does happen and it's extremely shitty when it does.

I don't think it's "messed up thinking" to guard your valuables. Obviously the person who stole them is a jerk and deserves to be punished but I would never leave money unattended. It's common sense.

Exactly you say I'm victim blame I don't care. Guard your shit it's a lot of people there so of course you have scum bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom