• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I feel bad for Momochi because the story coming out seems to be that Gamerbee was dominating until the pause. Which couldn't be further from the truth. Obviously we can't enter a dimension where the stick didn't break but Momochi was winning that game when it broke and it breaking caused him to lose a round he was a bit ahead in.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Would have been interested in why Gamerbee didn't choose Elena to fight E.Ryu like he did with Daigo. He was winning solidly because Ken couldn't dish out as much damage and he was relying on his pokes with Adon. He played the match pretty similarly against E.Ryu as he did with Ken, but Momochi had the advantage of putting out solid damage when he got in.

I was curious about this as well.

Any connection by Momochi was 1/4 to almost 1/2 of Bee's lifebar.

DigiMish

They need to remake the rule that you can't borrow someone else equipment.
They equipment must belonged to them so no cheating can occur when finding a replacement stick.
This is a year in cheating I guess...Fucking Tom Brady and now this crap.

Clearly you haven't ever been to a fighting game tournament, so your opinion is wrong.

chrono01

What happened with Razer? Had to miss the fight.
During the final set of the SFIV tournament, Momochi's arcade stick forced a pause, due to a technical error. He later had it replaced and won the entire thing, after needing to forfeit the round where the error occurred.

Hyun Sai

A list of peak numbers I recorded on the main EVO stream (SRKEVO1):
GGXrd - 121,000
MKX - 188,350
Melee - 206,839
UMVC3 - 165,000
USF4 - 228,115

That's some pretty huge growth compared to the main stream numbers last year. (Credit to Starfirefleet on r/Kappa for the 2014 figures.)

It's really impressive for SFIV considering all of europe was probably sleeping.

tabs2002

They equipment must belonged to them so no cheating can occur when finding a replacement stick.
Is this a troll post?

kitzkozan

The craziest thing about this EVO is that SFIV (or Street Fighter in general) secured it's spot as the king of the FGC. Not only because of the quality of the matches, but also combining it with the high viewer count somehow.

I don't know if it's because of the Capcom pro tour and casuals following those well known players or the SFV anticipation or even both, but it's crazy that it got over 250 000 + viewers. SFV will easily break the 300 000 barrier next year imo.

dmr87

My1b.png

Westlo

Pfft Sako the Evil Ryu og.

Would have been interested in why Gamerbee didn't choose Elena to fight E.Ryu like he did with Daigo. He was winning solidly because Ken couldn't dish out as much damage and he was relying on his pokes with Adon. He played the match pretty similarly against E.Ryu as he did with Ken, but Momochi had the advantage of putting out solid damage when he got in.

Well Momochi's Ken beat Sako's Elena the last two Topanga leagues, actually cost Sako the Topanga World tournament.... I'm sure Gamerbee knows that.

Jachaos

This.
Awful sportsmanship.
You can see Gamerbee face just dropped when Momochi was pretending/arguing for 3-4mins over the rule and then didn't ask for another stick until the ref told him and Gamerbee what the rule was.
So much delayed time and Gamerbee was just froze in his seat, unable to do anything but looked down at the floor.
Fucking unsportsmanlike behavior from Momochi.

lol

Momochi deserved the win and that's that. He was leading the 2nd round before the disconnect and won the two others during which he was in capacity of playing. Gamerbee's win in that last game was due to a malfunction out of either player's control.

Kikujiro

Wtf are you talking about? There was no cheating.

DigiMish

Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

...would you also like to give us a play by play of next year's EVO finals?

Amazing Evo. Smash 4/Melee, Marvel, and USF4 all brought the hype. Even KI did... and I don't even like that game. The drama, the blowups, it was great.

Except with Neo. Feel bad for him :( Hopefully he or someone else sets up a crowdfund so we can help him out.

Also feel bad for Apologyman and Nairo

fedexpeon

Banned
Oh shut up, you have no idea what you're talking about. Not one.

Please, there was literally no point in arguing for 5mins over pausing in a middle of the match with the ref.
But he did it either way and made the ref explained it to both players...
Should have said I need a new controller instead of watching this rule being explained by everyone else for the 100s times already.

wolfhowwl

Banned

You're in total meltdown, brah.

Phew, I've finally calmed down a bit.

What a fantastic evo, despite the unfortunate stick problems. Is this the last evo for SF4?

Would be a fantastic way to go out.

Pretty sure SF4 will return at least a few more times on the main stage, but not the main highlight anymore. Unless SF5 comes out and everyone absolutely hates it.

My first EVO. Will be watching every year now.

Is the audience growing each year? 200K+ seems like a lot of people streaming a tourney.

Yup, grows each year. Wish twitch would pimp it more before the last two hours but thats them for ya... 230k in the mainstream, just under 26k in the Japanese restream, and countless more in the bootleg streams.

Pappasman

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

Give me a fucking break. Momo was up one round, GB got a FREE ROUND and still lost. Momo had all the momentum. GB mind fucked himself.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Imo even with momochi getting the 1st round before the failure, momentum was still on gamerbee

Yep. I have no doubt he was on fire and would have pulled it off. That pause completely changed everything.

Part of being an EVO champ is being able to deal with this sort of thing and still play, so props to Momochi for a good year, but damn after that draining Infil match I think that pause finally broke 'bee.

it concerns me how quickly this was put up

the whole thing is fishy, realllllllll fishy.

"While enjoying the moment at top 8 pricing ceremony Neo left unattended his bag to take pictures with the fans. Somebody was looking to stole his backpack with his earnings from the items he sold during Evo. This money was for giving a gift to his mother, please if you find it in you help Neo recover a bit of what was stolen from him."

I thought Noel & Justin said it was for school? Now it's for his mom? Also this paragraph is damn near unreadable. And the guy who put it up isn't Neo.

So maybe don't donate to this just yet.

edit: Justin's already linking to it and people putting up $50 a shot. Jesus. Like, wait a fuckin' second first.

Imm0rt4l

Imo even with momochi getting the 1st round before the failure, momentum was still on gamerbee
What does momentum matter if he didn't win a round? What momentum? The round he took was because a stick malfunction, he still got the round off technicality. It sucks though. But they both came off a reprieve and went straight at each others throats when the next round started.

Dai101

Banned

This.
Awful sportsmanship.
You can see Gamerbee face just dropped when Momochi was pretending/arguing for 3-4mins over the rule and then didn't ask for another stick until the ref told him and Gamerbee what the rule was.
So much delayed time and Gamerbee was just froze in his seat, unable to do anything but looked down at the floor.
Fucking unsportsmanlike behavior from Momochi.

KLFoGS2.gif

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

9b14aa9657.gif

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Them moving towards the corner didnt mean Momochi was gonna lose the round, which the stick malfunction caused him to do. You also didnt explain how this was less of a mindfuck to Momochi. You wholeheartedly believing Gamerbee was gonna win doesnt mean shit.

GnawtyDog

Banned

9b14aa9657.gif

Are you serious or trolling?...let me know which mode you in.

Not that it matters. Player A loses his familiar stick and a round. Player B gains a round to even the match (prior was losing 0-1). Both players lose concentration.

Momochi closed him out fair and square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom