• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

x9wFDD2.png

I feel like Gamerbee cracked in the last game and made too many mistakes. Momochi had the clear momentum and deserved the win. The real injustice would have been Gamerbee winning the last round after the pause.
yeah same here man, I feel like Mochi gave it away and was coming in strong to clean up. He had meter and low forward FB Gamerbee twice the previous match and didn't FADC for the win. He looked really strong IMO that first win of the last match.

Wow, I feel so drained from watching this top 8. It was just amazing, I don't know what else to say about it. I also watched it with a friend via Teamspeak, I'm so glad I did because it just made the experience so much better as we could talk to each other about how amazing each moment was.

Westlo

It wasn't at all just people being idiots. Momochi was leading most of the last 2 matches and deserved to win.

Yep, pretty much this, but people will act like he got robbed and say it over and over again and also think Momochi paused when it was a stick deactivating.

Sucks that it happened though, for both of them.

Evo 2014 - 7th place
Topanga League 4 - 2nd place (lost close set to Daigo the winner, amazing set)
Capcom Cup Winner
Shadowloo Showdown winner
SXSW winner
Final Round 2nd place (to xian)
Topanga World League 2nd place (destroyed the winner Daigo in their set)
Stunfest 2nd place (to daigo, amazing grand finals)
Evo 2015 champ

Momochi da gawd, what a year he has had.

Damn, what an great f'in Evo yo...probably may favorite since there were so many hype and hilarious moments! So sad that it's over since it's always such a blast to watch every single year. Sucks that the last game ended on a sour note though since both Momochi and Gamerbee looked disappointed in how it went and ended.

fedexpeon

Banned
FYI, they executed the rules correctly.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/tournament-rules/#equipment

It's only the round unless there's no replacement equipment that can be obtained quickly.

They need to remake the rule that you can't borrow someone else equipment.
They equipment must belonged to them so no cheating can occur when finding a replacement stick.
This is a year in cheating I guess...Fucking Tom Brady and now this crap.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This.
Awful sportsmanship.
You can see Gamerbee face just dropped when Momochi was pretending/arguing for 3-4mins over the rule and then didn't ask for another stick until the ref told him and Gamerbee what the rule was.
So much delayed time and Gamerbee was just froze in his seat, unable to do anything but looked down at the floor.
Fucking unsportsmanlike behavior from Momochi.

I can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not anymore. BibleThump

Some of you guys are on some butterfly effect bullshit.

You know what's crazy? If Gamerbee didn't wait so long for round two to time out, Momochi's would have kept his Razor stick which would have failed again in round three. They only switched it cause it failed the second time while they were waiting.

Yeah but he had to time out so he didn't have the meter advantage.

16BitNova

Here comes the post evo depression

I swear if there is no Salty Suite I may just watch Street Fighter Top 8 again. Guys, seriously it was like a movie this year. The emotion, the controversy, the struggle GamerBee went through. The real people's champ not actually winning 1st but, winning our hearts.

I gotta stop I'm getting emotional.

Durden77

One of the worst things to come from the stick failure was everyone getting so hype thinking that Gamerbee was just gonna even out the round and continue fighting, only to realize he was taking it.

I don't blame him at all, but it was even more deflating.

Despite the mishap which actually made me let out a loud gasp, all of the sets were fantastic. I feel for GamerBee so much, but Momochi is definitely worthy of the Evo champ title. Right now though, I say GamerBee is the greatest player in the world right now, and I'm not just talking about his performance.

I definitely feel happy after this year's Evo. Good stuff.

OceanBlue

They equipment must belonged to them so no cheating can occur when finding a replacement stick.

Wait what? What kind of cheating occurred?

I swear you guys are being ridiculous. I guess this is what bias does to you.

chrono01

Oh my god people, think this through.

Momochi was the one with the momentum at that moment. Why would he give up an entire round and potentially the whole tournament for the sake of mindgames?

Let's not pretend Momochi wasn't affected by the disconnect. He absolutely was, just like Gamerbee was. There's no evil "plan" to "ice" Gamerbee when something like this screwed with both of their heads.
This.

Momochi was winning the round. I doubt the thought process of "Hey, I should fake a disconnect to psyche-break my opponent so I can have an easier time winning the tournament, despite there likely being some sort of a punishment for doing so" ever enter Momochi's head. The first time it paused, he probably did think it was him. The second time though, he knew it was an arcade stick error which is why he asked for a replacement.

I really don't think it's a conspiracy as many of you are making it out to be. :/

Phew, I've finally calmed down a bit.

What a fantastic evo, despite the unfortunate stick problems. Is this the last evo for SF4?

Would be a fantastic way to go out.

That was a very entertaining read.
Thanks.

I swear if there is no Salty Suite I may just watch Street Fighter Top 8 again. Guys, seriously it was like a movie this year. The emotion, the controversy, the struggle GamerBee went through. The real people's champ not actually winning 1st but, winning our hearts.

I gotta stop I'm getting emotional.

I don't think anyone actually in top 8 has the energy for a salty suite... well... maybe the top 3 dont... everyone else kinda had a long ass break lol. I forgot who all was in top 8 til the ceremony. Thats how baller it was...

A list of peak numbers I recorded on the main EVO stream (SRKEVO1):
GGXrd - 121,000
MKX - 188,350
Melee - 206,839
UMVC3 - 165,000
USF4 - 228,115

That's some pretty huge growth compared to the main stream numbers last year. (Credit to Starfirefleet on r/Kappa for the 2014 figures.)

Imm0rt4l

This.
Awful sportsmanship.
You can see Gamerbee face just dropped when Momochi was pretending/arguing for 3-4mins over the rule and then didn't ask for another stick until the ref told him and Gamerbee what the rule was.
So much delayed time and Gamerbee was just froze in his seat, unable to do anything but looked down at the floor.
Fucking unsportsmanlike behavior from Momochi.
Oh shut up, you have no idea what you're talking about. Not one.

kirblar

Would have been interested in why Gamerbee didn't choose Elena to fight E.Ryu like he did with Daigo. He was winning solidly because Ken couldn't dish out as much damage and he was relying on his pokes with Adon. He played the match pretty similarly against E.Ryu as he did with Ken, but Momochi had the advantage of putting out solid damage when he got in.
I think he is going to be asking himself that tomorrow.

Wallach

What the hell are you even talking about. Good lord.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I would think it would shake momochi more since he had to switch to an entirely different stick and lose a round. Some people here think gamerbee lost because of this. like...wat

How did it jack up Momochi to lose a round you were leading in and have your stick possibly fuck your chances? Did you measure their "in the zoneness" or something?

Sigh. Here comes people not understanding the situation:

9b14aa9657.gif

This is the moment of the disconnection. Yes, Momochi had a slight life lead. However if you read what was currently happening, they are moving towards Momochi's corner. Gamerbee was bearing down on him with st.RH while Momochi is playing footsies and backing up not wanting to commit to anything crazy. It's probably at this point that Gamerbee is putting Momochi right where he wants him and boom disconnection. Add this on top of the fact that Gamerbee had to fight out of his mind in LOsers to get to this point and a disconnection? It completely fucked him who was already more exhausted and tired mentally from the long set with Infiltration. I wholeheartedly believe that Gamerbee was going to win. The people who like Momochi are just going to say that Gamerbee fucked himself after the disconnection and that it's his fault he didn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom