• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

What was the reset hype from like 10 minutes ago during Grandpa/Sonicfox match? What did it do?

A reset is when the player on loser's side in grand finals wins the first best of 5, and puts the player in winner's side into loser's with him. Then the final best of 5 determines the champion.

KingClown

Looking forward to Melee next. Should be fun!

Been a great day so far. That MKX Grand Final was great, but still not quite as hype as GGXrd for me. REALLY excited for Marvel and USFIV too.

Lulubop

So nice of Mr Wizard to schedule in a three/four hour break for the FGC. Seems like a very responsible thing to do, ensuring that no one spends all day on twitch. I'm off to get some tea.

Alright we get it, do we really need to shit on games?

Popnbake

For as easy as it is to shit on PL I don't think Spooky's advice of going to other shit would make him win evo or the other thing. :p

Yeah, can't say that his lack of tournaments in comparison to Sonic Fox would have changed much given the amount of top players that failed to make Top 8.

But it certainly makes Sonic Fox's win that much more deserved.

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh my god Melee time YUS!

Super Smash Bros Melee

Winners bracket
Alliance|Armada (Peach) [Suecia] vs. Liquid|Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) [USA]
PG|Plup (Sheik) [USA] vs. EG|PPMD (Marth, Falco) [USA]

Losers bracket
TSM|Leffen (Fox) [Suecia] vs. Tempo|Axe (Pikachu) [USA]
MH|ChuDat (Ice Climbers) [USA] vs. C9|Mango (Fox, Falco) [USA]

shaowebb

Lol where was Perfect Legend? Did he even make it out of pools?

Honestly, he hasn't done anything of note since MK9. Just yells and kicks his feet alot about whichever NRS game he's struggling with and about the public and all how it must be someone else's fault he isn't as insurmountable a threat as he thought he'd always be.

Scene moved on...he never did. For awhile he tried yelling that doing stuff for his stream was hurting his training so he was losing because the public is too demanding. Before that in Injustice it was various shots at how different that game was and such. In MKX I think he may have even shot out a few things about Lao or the meta or some stuff too. Can't remember them all because they all blur together. Great player, but he needs to own his faults more or he'll never overcome them.

Omega

Banned
Has Sonicfox ever lost a tournament for MKX? Seems boring at this point.

i dont get posts like this

i mean i guess if dude just P'd on everyone each round on his way to a win yeah, but he had to come out of losers bracket. Had to deal with a counter pick (im guessing Sonya was because who blind picks for no reason)

Ikon

Super Smash Bros Melee

Winners bracket

Losers bracket
Suezia? Wut? There's a language where you spell it like that?

Pappasman

The amount of sour posts in this thread is hilarious. Ya'll need to find something else to do rather than post snarky as fuck bullshit.

A-V-B

Still feel like Honeybee was the player who really made Sonic sweat beads. I've never seen Sonic fight so evenly against another player, not even the Raiden final he lost. Those were great fights and I hope they meet up again some day.

sn00zer

Kinda cool seeing a racially mixed group of people all going crazy and getting excited for each other. one of those thing you hope the future looks like on a daily basis.

That was a pretty boring Top 8. Too many sweeps. Why Foxy Grandpa didn't switch variants there is beyond me after it was clear he was getting dominated by Sonic Fox's Erron Black.
Perfect top 8! Good matches, good commentary, a good look for MKX, after that disastrous CEO top 8

lol

ITop 8 was mostly 1 sided but showed the patches worlk and that MK is diverse in balance with a multi national scene.

A good look overall.

Vire

EVO 2014 Viewers on Twitch:

1.) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – 149,470 viewers

2.) Super Smash Bros. Melee – ~137,800

3.) Ultra Street Fighter 4 – 130,396

4.) Killer Instinct – 88,517

5.) BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma – 80,861

We are already smashing records! :)

I think it'll be really funny if Smash 4 ends up being quicker then Melee when all is said and done. Smash 4 top 8 finished really quick compared to what people were expecting.

Super Smash Bros Melee

Winners bracket

Losers bracket
Axe and Chu! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom