• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
i really don't mind each game having its time to shine but i genuinely hope smash doesn't take kof levels of time like it did last year

V-Faction

I think it'll be really funny if Smash 4 ends up being quicker then Melee when all is said and done. Smash 4 top 8 finished really quick compared to what people were expecting.

It did.

But resets always play into the lengths. If it's a sweep, I'm expecting an abrupt finish.

Xater

EVO 2014 Viewers on Twitch:

1.) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – 149,470 viewers

2.) Super Smash Bros. Melee – ~137,800

3.) Ultra Street Fighter 4 – 130,396

4.) Killer Instinct – 88,517

5.) BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma – 80,861

We are already smashing records! :)

SFIV would do better if it wasn't at ungodly times for Europeans. ;)

ShinMaruku

Kinda cool seeing a racially mixed group of people all going crazy and getting excited for each other. one of those thing you hope the future looks like on a daily basis.

That is why I troll esports and say fighting games will never be esports because esports are not diverse at all. :p

OceanBlue

Man I hope all the Smash haters don't shit up the thread with their salt/hatred.

It'll get drowned out for sure. Kinda like how Melee top 32 completely drowned out Xrd top 32. :(

Surprised people post about Melee hate though lol. It's no big deal that plenty of people tune out different games, but people are most vocal about it with Melee.

Still wish I could know how Smash 4 would do on the final day. It got around 96000 viewers at max, but it was on a shitty timeslot and on Saturday when it had to compete with other streams

It'll get drowned out for sure. Kinda like how Melee top 32 completely drowned out Xrd top 32. :(

Surprised people post about Melee hate though lol. It's no big deal that plenty of people tune out different games, but people are most vocal about it with Melee.

It's basically just a meme at this point

KingBroly

Banned
So what peak did Smash U hit yesterday? I don't remember it being that high, but considering it was in a dead spot, I'd be surprised if it went over 70k.

That is why I troll esports and say fighting games will never be esports because esports are not diverse at all. :p

Esports is 2 srs anyways.

cjZwTS9.png

Does anyone know what the peak number of viewers last year was?

I think marvel peaked at like 148 or 9 k. Melee will more than likely put us over 200k as its usually the second most viewed.

Nothing against melee but I need a lil nap. I'll be back for marvel or maybe melee grand finals. Think I'll leave the stream open though.

I-hate-u

Can't believe they still have to lug around CRTs to these events.

Nintendo should port the game to NX. Those are guaranteed sales.

RoySFNR

Man all the Smash haters here. I mean, I don't care one bit about Marvel but you don't see me dropping snarky comments about the amount of viewers it got on Friday.

RC

Banned
The only thing I'm salty about is there being two smash games at EVO.

I've given up on hating Smash since it's here to stay at EVO.

Still wish I could know how Smash 4 would do on the final day. It got around 96000 viewers at max, but it was on a shitty timeslot and on Saturday when it had to compete with other streams

I was surprised it got that high, but it was great to see it. Especially considering it got sent to die with that timeslot. Can't believe they even prioritized melee semifinals in a better slot than the smash 4 finals. It is what it is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom