• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really so hard to keep a running tournament bracket? I get that it's a huge tournament, but surely you could have someone plugging in results as they come. I know there's sites and stuff that allow you to run a bracket that moves as you enter results, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to have an up to date bracket for the tournaments, even if they're huge. Just get a bunch of people to keep updating it as it goes. I mean, I feel like you'd need that anyways just to keep track of things, why not do it in a way that everyone can see it as it happens?

Tripon

Is it really so hard to keep a running tournament bracket? I get that it's a huge tournament, but surely you could have someone plugging in results as they come. I know there's sites and stuff that allow you to run a bracket that moves as you enter results, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to have an up to date bracket for the tournaments, even if they're huge. Just get a bunch of people to keep updating it as it goes. I mean, I feel like you'd need that anyways just to keep track of things, why not do it in a way that everyone can see it as it happens?
Yes, actually.

Or its the least prioritized. The most important thing is getting matches going.

Codiox

I'm thinking about buying that cheap Venom stick and then just modding that.

Just did that and it's glorious:

PVCXe6W.jpg

Really recommend it to anyone who's looking for a ps4/pc/ps3 combo arcade stick. But the prices are rising already, so don't wait to long for it.

Noaloha

Marvel at highquality is near unwatchable. This is really bumming me out. I'm watching Evo and I'm borderline not enjoying it. That's not how this is supposed to go.

J@hranimo

Banned
So why did Larry got custom Sheik against custom Villager? Fox would've been the better character imo.

edit: Nevermind I see it! lol

TheRetroKid

Neo Member
The lack of Ultra today really makes me wish the good folks at EVO considered running just pools on Friday and leaving quarters and semis for Saturday. I think there would have been a lot of benefits, like the audience wouldn't have to stay glued to their seats for 12+ hours. On the player side, it would give them a mental break and let them enjoy at least part of their Friday. It would also let them scout out the competition in next round, providing less of a chance to run into a surprise character and get, for the lack of a better term, get "randomed out".

Not that it matters now...unless SFV gets the same or more entrants next year...

...or SFIV becomes the largest side-tourney ever.

Raitaro

I can't decide what stream to watch and listen to.

Me neither. There's just too much (goodness)!

Maybe we should stick to channel srkevo1's semifinals and finals for the most part? That way we'll see all games come by at some point but of course you won't have the backstory behind how the finalists got where they are. I did miss Persona Ultimax completely mind you, so maybe I'm the last person to listen to for advice.

Edit: Thinking about it some more, you have 2 options pretty much: (1) stick to one or two games and follow them from day 1 to 3 so that you have the complete story on them so to speak, or (2) choose to see as many games as possible using the tactic described above (i.e. stick to srkevo1 and watch all the (semi)finals for all games but without knowing the story of how we got to those finals). I'm still undecided myself, but for now I'm sticking to option 2 as I don't really have an absolute favorite game to follow this time but instead might want to see variety instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom