• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

I like the top 8 for ultra. You got the character specalists (AiAi with Juri, PRRog with Boxer), the counter pickers with Infiltration and Gamerbee, and young (AiAi, and Nuckledu), the old (Tokido, Infiltration, Gamerbee, Momochi).

I think out of this group, its Momochi's tournament. After he wins, he can finally give Choco a kiss on stage.
I can see infiltration winning as well but momochi has the best shot. He also has very notable wins over infiltration especially more recently.

Kikujiro

AiAi has a really good chance since not only was he doing extremely well but most players don't have the experience playing against a Juri of his level.

Momochi plays her too so that might be a problem but his is nowhere near as impressive.

He's going to play Infiltration thou, guy plays every SFIV character, I saw him playing with Juri in one of his streams.

As for how a player is relevant people should look at the Capcom Cup standings, EVO has become unpredictable due to the amount of high level players who compete, it's a combination of luck, good bracket draw, not playing against your demons (every player has one), be on point all day etc. The fact that it's unpredictable makes it exciting to see, but it has nothing to do with a player dominance, I mean the last two EVO winners were Xian and Luffy and they didn't start dominating the scene.

Tripon

He's going to play Infiltration thou, guy plays every SFIV character, I saw him playing with Juri in one of his streams.

As for how a player is relevant people should look at the Capcom Cup standings, EVO has become unpredictable due to the amount of high level players who compete, it's a combination of luck, good bracket draw, not playing against your demons (every player has one), be on point all day etc. The fact that it's unpredictable makes it exciting to see, but it has nothing to do with a player dominance, I mean the last two EVO winners were Xian and Luffy and they didn't start dominating the scene.
Xian was in Grand Finals of Capcom Cup 2013 and 2014, and finished second each year, and won final round beating Momochi. Luffy finished 3rd at Capcom cup 2014. They both left their mark on SFIV.

Boney

Banned
I hope we continue with customs, nothing has been terrible about them except for a few wind shenanigans that ko opponents and some shit villagers and sonics.

What we need is for some balancing of them coming from up top. Trip sprout needs to trip both players and hammer spin dash should need some extra charging to get that speed and grounding properties.

They already tweaked Dragon Rush once, so there's a chance Sakurai realizes how dumb they are. Hope he can take. Look at some of what happened later because I doubt he's paying attention now.

Kikujiro

Xian was in Grand Finals of Capcom Cup 2013 and 2014, and finished second each year, and won final round beating Momochi. Luffy finished 3rd at Capcom cup 2014. They both left their mark on SFIV.

I didn't mean they disappeared, but just like Xian and Luffy, plenty of other notable players won majors and placed in Top 8s (despite a bad EVO showing) and had more consistent results than both of them, there just isn't a dominant player, so we can't use EVO to determine how relevant a player is.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
is there any way to rewatch some matches froom street fighter yesterday?

Go here for the Srkevo1 archives. http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/profile/past_broadcasts

Unfortunately, the CapcomFighter archives are and have always been locked but at least you can see all the main stage matches with Srkevo1

Alternatively, just go to youtube and search for "EVO 2015 ___" with the player of your interest. Chances are you can find somebody who uploaded the matches

Boke1879

Diago played really well in the Canada cup gaming master series 2015 (First to 7 series).

I see he beat Luffy, PR ROG, Kazunoko, Xian, and a lot of top players.

With this many people and high level competition it's very likely anyone can get knocked out early. It sucks but it happens

Well, we don't know some results looking at NotLiquid's screenshot (unless there's been some updates since then) so it's possible he's one of the "???" but from what it sounded like last night (before I went to bed) he at least got knocked into loser's during quarterfinals.

He, however, IS in Melee semifinals so we should be cheering/rooting for him there. :D
I'm pretty sure he is. Wasn't that match streamed even?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
giphy.gif

ec0ec0

wait... why can the archives be watched on source quality without subscribing!? is that temporary or not? i'm asking because i was going to subscribe (because 30fps ruins melee :p), but then i saw that you can choose source quality in past broadcasts... ?

Xater

np m8

it's time for Capcom to announce some BOOM character, like "OOOOH SHIT HE/SHE IS IN!" character

Someone like...Karin? Ingrid? Urien? Oro?
pls be urien

I think only Skullomania would get such a reaction out of me and that's extremely unlikely. Well maybe Q as well.

Gsnap

I hope we continue with customs, nothing has been terrible about them except for a few wind shenanigans that ko opponents and some shit villagers and sonics.

What we need is for some balancing of them coming from up top. Trip sprout needs to trip both players and hammer spin dash should need some extra charging to get that speed and grounding properties.

They already tweaked Dragon Rush once, so there's a chance Sakurai realizes how dumb they are. Hope he can take. Look at some of what happened later because I doubt he's paying attention now.

If worst comes to worst, all you really have to do is ban individual moves, rather than a game-wide ban of all customs.

It's worth it for the variety.

I'm still pretty sad about Daigo losing but it's done and over with. I'll be rooting for Tokido and AiAi to take it all. Tokido is my favorite player left and AiAi winning would just be a great story. Dude is basically one of those mythical high BP Japanese arcade player that we never see outside of the country. And when we do he's only playing in team tournaments which honestly doesn't mean shit. It would be huge for someone like him to win EVO in what might be his first tourney with money on the line. It might inspire other great arcade players(and a lot of people in general) to actually come out to compete on the world stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom