• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

So they could shit on their sponsors by not appearing on stream. It isn't very likely...but kind of seems like a Chris G thing to do so I see his point.

Ricki Ortiz requests not to play on stream all the time. I agree it's unlikely in this particular case, but it's possible (and if so I agree it would probably have been Chris).

iori9999

Banned
you are not entitled to every hype match. Stop being a bitch and complaining. If you wanted to see all the hype matches, go to evo

EVO has always been about the players first. Finishing the event on time is more important then some internet stream viewers.

Calling me a bitch eh? Dude everyone wants to see that match.. Get the sand out your damn vag.. Players first my ass.. I doubt it was about nerves for them.. It was badly planned and get over yourself.. Why the hell do you even care what viewers think.. Are you a TO? NO!

Vire

Marvel always has been and always will be impenetrable for me.

I don't ever understand what the fuck is going on.

EVO has always been about the players first. Finishing the event on time is more important then some internet stream viewers.

You seem to be taking a hard line on this and I don't think it is a correct one. Without the stream, you don't get companies being involved which means the players you are so concerned about don't get the prize pots.

EVO has not just been about the players there for a long time. The stream is a central part of the event and even carries a high cost subscription which has been increasing every year. You can't show every player, every time, sure. But showcasing Daigo or Chris G vs Justin just makes simple business sense.

They need to do better.

Jintor

Calling me a bitch eh? Dude everyone wants to see that match.. Get the sand out your damn vag.. Players first my ass.. I doubt it was about nerves for them.. It was badly planned and get over yourself.. Why the hell do you even care what viewers think.. Are you a TO? NO!

nanako spitting mad salt

Calling me a bitch eh? Dude everyone wants to see that match.. Get the sand out your damn vag.. Players first my ass.. I doubt it was about nerves for them.. It was badly planned and get over yourself..

Yeah you are a bitch for complaining that a match wasn't played on stream. A match that happens in many tournaments previously.

I never mentioned nerves, so why mention it?

The tournament isn't planned around streaming every match. The tournament was to host the largest fighting game tournament that included multiple games and internationals, while providing streams to viewers

Guess what? Its on schedule and ending on time. Just because ABC top player is playing XYZ top player doesn't mean they should halt the tournament, move the whole pool to another stream setup and play.

If you wanted to see all the hype matches, go to evo. Otherwise you can continue to bitch about not being able to see all the matches.

You seem to be taking a hard line on this and I don't think it is a correct one. Without the stream, you don't get companies being involved which means the players you are so concerned about don't get the prize pots.

EVO has not just been about the players there for a long time. The stream is a central part of the event and even carries a high cost subscription which has been increasing every year. You can't show every player, every time, sure. But showcasing Daigo or Chris G vs Justin just makes simple business sense.

They need to do better.

12 bucks is not a high sub cost wtf. Also if the FGC went back to the dark ages I wouldn't give two shits because I'll still be a part of it. I don't really give a shit about these random entitled stream viewers. These players were playing regardless of prize pots for more than a decade and if these players cared about getting paid they wouldn't be playing fucking Marvel.

EVO hasn't been about the players? O yeah, they just have a huge ass BYOC area for side tournaments for no reasons. O the tournament running on time and on schedule? nope, not about the players. Of course there is some business involved in EVO but to say EVO isn't about the players is ridic.

iori9999

Banned
I don't care about high quality myself, it sucks.. But they have to make a profit somehow.. It does look much worse on fast paced games like marvel.

shaowebb

where's mah Skullgirls?!

Sonic fox made Grand Finals Skullgirls, had to run to play his Top 8 qualifier in MKX. Because he was mindfucked making the mental switch he lost to Honeybee's D'vorah and had to compete in losers to qualify for Top 8 losers bracket versus D's Ermac.

He's coming back now for Skullgirls, but to kill time the Guilty Gear Grand finals got interrupted last night so they put it in and brought out the players to run that match.

Between this and marvel happening simultaneously on 2 seperate streams and it still having so many folks eliminated offscreen this has to be the poorest scheduled EVO run of sets ever. Everything is getting messed up and its taking its toll on players jumping around.

WarRock

where's mah Skullgirls?!

SonicFox is finishing his MK X match, so they Skullgirls is on break with a +R match in the mean time.

Between this and marvel happening simultaneously and having so many folks eliminated offscreen this has to be the poorest scheduled EVO run of sets ever. Everything is getting messed up and its taking its toll on players jumping around.
Eh, Skullgirls is a side event. Its schedule overlapping with MK X has nothing to do with the Evo schedule.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Almost want to pay attention to RayRay vs. Neo instead for Sentinel/Phoenix shenanigans. Oh man, too much goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom