• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris vs Justin was off stream because it's losers bracket.

The entire damn purpose of srkevo3 stream is suppose to be showing loser side matches while srkevo2 shows the winners. But whoever was running stream 3 had their thumb up their ass and wasn't showing matches when they should have so we missed Clockwork eliminating FChamp and Nemo. Then Chris G eliminates Jwong offstream.

Someone fucked up, end of story.

The tournament isn't planned around streaming every match. The tournament was to host the largest fighting game tournament that included multiple games and internationals, while providing streams to viewers

See this?

capture2mrt9.png

You think those companies line up just for the people who attend the event? Come on, be real here.

CurlyW

Sonic fox made Grand Finals Skullgirls, had to run to play his Top 8 qualifier in MKX. Because he was mindfucked making the mental switch he lost to Honeybee's D'vorah and had to compete in losers to qualify for Top 8 losers bracket versus D's Ermac.

He's coming back now for Skullgirls, but to kill time the Guilty Gear Grand finals got interrupted last night so they put it in and brought out the players to run that match.

Between this and marvel happening simultaneously and having so many folks eliminated offscreen this has to be the poorest scheduled EVO run of sets ever. Everything is getting messed up and its taking its toll on players jumping around.

Skullgirls is a side tournament. It's not run or scheduled by the EVO staff. MKX should be the priority for Sonic Fox.

Yeah you are a bitch for complaining that a match wasn't played on stream. A match that happens in many tournaments previously.

I never mentioned nerves, so why mention it?

The tournament isn't planned around streaming every match. The tournament was to host the largest fighting game tournament that included multiple games and internationals, while providing streams to viewers

Guess what? Its on schedule and ending on time. Just because ABC top player is playing XYZ top player doesn't mean they should halt the tournament, move the whole pool to another stream setup and play.

If you wanted to see all the hype matches, go to evo. Otherwise you can continue to bitch about not being able to see all the matches.
Man, you should chill the fuck out calling people bitch. There's no need for that shit.

And as other people have mentioned, this shit doesn't get sponsored because these companies want the people competing to give them their money. EVO wouldn't be nearly as big if people weren't at home watching streams.

You seem to be taking a hard line on this and I don't think it is a correct one. Without the stream, you don't get companies being involved which means the players you are so concerned about don't get the prize pots.

EVO has not just been about the players there for a long time. The stream is a central part of the event and even carries a high cost subscription which has been increasing every year. You can't show every player, every time, sure. But showcasing Daigo or Chris G vs Justin just makes simple business sense.

They need to do better.

they're running multiple 1000+ man double elimination tournaments, streaming by mostly using their own equipment and without any permanent staff

they're already doing above and beyond what any reasonable person would expect

8 years ago you'd pay what you did for the subscription for a DVD of top 8, much less feel entitled to see every single match

LiK

EVO organizers gonna get a lot of shit for not showing the big eliminations. It's just unfortunate. Multiple streams and we don't get to watch that,

You seem to be taking a hard line on this and I don't think it is a correct one. Without the stream, you don't get companies being involved which means the players you are so concerned about don't get the prize pots.

EVO has not just been about the players there for a long time. The stream is a central part of the event and even carries a high cost subscription which has been increasing every year. You can't show every player, every time, sure. But showcasing Daigo or Chris G vs Justin just makes simple business sense.

They need to do better.

Definitely, they can't keep upping sub costs or expecting lots of people to sub if they can't provide the proper treatment. There's also tons of international viewers so "just go to EVO if you want to see everything" doesn't hold up. I'd happily pay if it meant I could see more matches or at least have those archived so I can watch them later. Right now EVO is a major event that acts like a small one and it gets pretty frustrating.
they're running multiple 1000+ man double elimination tournaments, streaming by mostly using their own equipment and without any permanent staff

they're already doing above and beyond what any reasonable person would expect

8 years ago you'd pay what you did for the subscription for a DVD of top 8, much less feel entitled to see every single match

It's not 8 years ago anymore, so stop comparing it to that, Instead compare it to other events with similar amounts of viewers.

Sonic fox made Grand Finals Skullgirls, had to run to play his Top 8 qualifier in MKX. Because he was mindfucked making the mental switch he lost to Honeybee's D'vorah and had to compete in losers to qualify for Top 8 losers bracket versus D's Ermac.

He's coming back now for Skullgirls, but to kill time the Guilty Gear Grand finals got interrupted last night so they put it in and brought out the players to run that match.

Between this and marvel happening simultaneously on 2 seperate streams and it still having so many folks eliminated offscreen this has to be the poorest scheduled EVO run of sets ever. Everything is getting messed up and its taking its toll on players jumping around.

Doesnt help there is a goddamn fuckton of side tournaments along with the 9 main ones.

There are at least 11 more that I know of.

iori9999

Banned
Yeah you are a bitch for complaining that a match wasn't played on stream. A match that happens in many tournaments previously.

I never mentioned nerves, so why mention it?

NO shit sherlock.. Doesn't take away from the fact that one of the most anticipated match-ups were off stream.. I have no issue with any complaints about that.. I do have issues with people bitching about said complaints.. You are a bitch for bitching at my complaints.. Pot kettle black..

Guess what? Its on schedule and ending on time. Just because ABC top player is playing XYZ top player doesn't mean they should halt the tournament, move the whole pool to another stream setup and play.

If you wanted to see all the hype matches, go to evo. Otherwise you can continue to bitch about not being able to see all the matches.
I think we all get that, but a lot of the biggest matches were simply off stream.. It's a legit gripe that any FGC fan can have.. 4 matches where top players were eliminated. Again you are just as much of a bitch for complaining at people who want to see good matches.. Were you one of those anal boxing fans that bitched at people saying the Pac Vs Mayweather fight was a farce and boring as well?

GreenScar

If they just said that they were going to have 2 Marvel streams then it would have been whatever. However, when you say that one stream is for winners matches and one is for losers, then you can't really be mad that people expect big/fan favorite losers bracket matches to be streamed on the losers bracket stream.

Entitled? Don't try to bring that card out.

You have a major event, supported by big companies and viewed by large amounts of people around the world. What makes more sense, showing marquee matches to the most people possible or not showing marquee matches to the most people possible.

It isn't about being entitled, it is about doing the smart thing which is going to help grow interest in the event. That is best for everybody.

Malice215

Some of the people in this thread are saltier than the actual competitors at EVO. A losers bracket match not being streamed isn't bad business or the end of the world. They already went above and beyond offering so much content throughout this weekend.

We also don't know what's going on behind the scenes, what matches were queued up, whether the players refused to play on stream, etc. Y'all be fine.

Seyavesh

reminder:
there is still a USA vs. japan money match for $2000 later tonight

team gods + apologyman vs. cross, nemo, RF and chou (maybe sub for takumi?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom