• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this?

capture2mrt9.png

You think those companies line up just for the people who attend the event? Come on, be real here.

I guess evo didn't exist before 09...

Look, if those companies disappear, there will still be a FGC and there will still be an EVO.

iori9999

Banned
12 bucks is not a high sub cost wtf. Also if the FGC went back to the dark ages I wouldn't give two shits because I'll still be a part of it. I don't really give a shit about these random entitled stream viewers. These players were playing regardless of prize pots for more than a decade and if these players cared about getting paid they wouldn't be playing fucking Marvel.

Are you really part of it? Because I grew up on this shit..

Definitely, they can't keep upping sub costs or expecting lots of people to sub if they can't provide the proper treatment. There's also tons of international viewers so "just go to EVO if you want to see everything" doesn't hold up. I'd happily pay if it meant I could see more matches or at least have those archived so I can watch them later. Right now EVO is a major event that acts like a small one and it gets pretty frustrating.

It's not 8 years ago anymore, so stop comparing it to that, Instead compare it to other events with similar amounts of viewers.

Yeah I remember that 2000 man double elimination esports tournament that streamed with next to no downtime for 18 hours straight and showed every single match live on stream

iori9999

Banned
That's a great point.. If I'm going to pay 12 bucks or donate to any stream.. I should be able to see the marquee matches.. Period point blank..

hwateber

Apologyman holding it down! It's kind of sad and scary that we even have to have USA chants for marvel of all games. International players stepping it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom