• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstein

Is SFIV considered to be a balanced fighter with no really OP characters?

Watching the streams everyone plays different fighters so it would seem like no one fighter has a huge advantage over the others right?

There are a few trash characters, and a few strong characters, but most chars are playable outside of one or two bad matchups.

Even the trash chars can do well though.

ICKE

Banned

Watching the streams everyone plays different fighters so it would seem like no one fighter has a huge advantage over the others right?

USF4 is really well balanced but matchups play a huge role in tournaments.

CsVr8Io.png

7daxKSl.gif
Why did he not stick to Sheik?

BadWolf

Ultra is pretty well balanced overall, it's normal to see a large variety of characters being used, even among top players.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

USFIV is undeniably one of the most balanced fighting games ever made. Even when just looking at minutia at the highest levels of play it's pretty damn good.

Think of it like a pokemon type chart. There isn't a one size fits all type but type vs type scenarios certainly one has an advantage.

Fitts

Outside of some bullshit matchups it's pretty damn good where it is, IMO. Even the lowest tier characters shine in the right hands. (ex. Alucard's Hugo)

Malleavel

SFIV is well balanced imo, not in the way that EVERY character is viable, but that there is no characters too strong. It's more about the player than the character imo.

Of course there will always be a couple of really weak and really strong characters but I find the game really enjoyable to watch right now because of the variety of matchups you see.

jett

D-Member
I bought the Ultra upgrade on Steam since it was cheap ($5). I hadn't played SF4 in ages. Is it me or is there input lag in the PC version? Or did SF4 just always feel this way? (i.e. clunky compared to 3S)

Shouta

RIP my persona run. Woke up 15 mins before pools and didn't get warmed up made it to winner's finals and got bopped when I shouldn't have lol. Lost in loser's finals to a friend of mine that I beat in winner's because of shenanigans lol

SamVimes

I bought the Ultra upgrade on Steam since it was cheap ($5). I hadn't played SF4 in ages. Is it me or is there input lag in the PC version? Or did SF4 just always feel this way? (i.e. clunky compared to 3S)

There is no lag. Are you using vsync? It makes it really laggy if i turn it on.

It's cool, I wasn't even really using it, I just kept it around for Rock Band. It was about the oldest OG 360 you can get (bought it in 2006, red-ringed and replaced once, no HDMI, 20GB HDD) so the thieves couldn't have gotten much out of it. Sadly my copy of Mahvel was inside it so they got that, but luckily they didn't get the case which has Filipino Champ's signature on it.
Got a mix of bad and good news. At least nothing else was taken.

Tizoc

Quick someone post a link that has all streams in one webpage, I'm preparing dinner and want to watch all streams at once on my HDTV @_@

History: Chris beat Jayce at Socal Prelude. He should also know this matchup well because of nuckledu. He forced infiltration to switch away from decapre at Norcal Regionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom