• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

There are a few trash characters, and a few strong characters, but most chars are playable outside of one or two bad matchups.

Even the trash chars can do well though.

Why did he not stick to Sheik?

Ultra is pretty well balanced overall, it's normal to see a large variety of characters being used, even among top players.

USFIV is undeniably one of the most balanced fighting games ever made. Even when just looking at minutia at the highest levels of play it's pretty damn good.

Think of it like a pokemon type chart. There isn't a one size fits all type but type vs type scenarios certainly one has an advantage.

Outside of some bullshit matchups it's pretty damn good where it is, IMO. Even the lowest tier characters shine in the right hands. (ex. Alucard's Hugo)

SFIV is well balanced imo, not in the way that EVERY character is viable, but that there is no characters too strong. It's more about the player than the character imo.

Of course there will always be a couple of really weak and really strong characters but I find the game really enjoyable to watch right now because of the variety of matchups you see.

Thanks! Yeah USF4 is really fun to watch because of all the different match ups.

NotLiquid

Superspeed / Lightweight Palutena is insane. Expected more of that with this being customs.

It's also overall surprising that there haven't been many Luigis so far. This one... isn't very good.

lazyguy

Ah so I wasn't going insane XD
Literally never heard of it before and i can't even find it on google :p

edit: PALUTENA!!!!

Saw it to for a brief second. Looked pretty cool. and yeah googleling it gives me several different results none of them or the game tho. They might want to think of a less generic name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom