• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've seen that before. Was alright. Why don't they just do 4 player free for all?
Because defensive play is too strong, and with the chaos of the match, skill is less of a factor. For example, one player might get hit, get knocked into another attack, and then richochet into a third attack before dying. It is a bit random, basically. Also, players are rarely "fair" in FFA. Ganging up on one person, etc.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Yeah I've seen that before. Was alright. Why don't they just do 4 player free for all?

I'm assuming it's because actually engaging your opponent(s) is the worst thing you can do in a free-for-all. Best to let everyone else beat themselves up, which isn't the best thing to play or watch.

Fitts

Nice to have two SF streams to choose from so you can switch when there's a Rufus player.

lol

EDIT: Thanks for the responses to my Smash free for all question. As stated, I'm ignorant when it comes to competitive Smash. Still, that actually sounds like it would be an interesting chess match to watch. Maybe not what current fans would prefer, but I'd tune in for it.

JeTmAn81

So my Xbox 360 was stolen, my PS3 doesn't do Twitch streaming, I don't have any other systems so how to stream EVO to my TV? But wait...there is another system. WiiU to the rescue! Sadly this is the only way you'll ever see SFIV on the WiiU.

8agSgpE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom