• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

LET'S GO DAIGO!!!

OUR 2016 EVO CHAMP

yNPx8Zd.gif

He became a Grand Wizard.

80PQSQl.jpg

Why isn't Daigo this crazy in tournaments?

I wonder how commercial breaks will be handled during SFV top 8? Maybe they'll keep a pace of finishing 2 matches before taking a commercial break? I'm actually looking forward to Mike and Seth announcing each cut into commercial break.

Got my badge; saw top players everywhere. Will there be signage of where pools will be held? No clue where I need to be in the convention center at 8am tomorrow for pokken lol

I still don't know how this works. You buy however many bits in real money, and then you what... distribute them like putting betting chips?

Nah, betting is too much fun so it's not allowed.

I think you just give bits which you buy with real money to "support" the streamer or whatever. Basically an alternative to donating.

If any GAFers are going to Evo and want to meet up with folks, I made an Evo meetup channel in the FG-GAF Discord (quote to reveal):

Dahbomb

Ultradavid said that when he met FChamp earlier that FChamp was literally "in da zone".

I believe that. Dude looks more focused than the year he won EVO.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This Marvel tournament has a lot of the guys who end up Top 8 in lots of Majors. Decent shot that several of these people end up Top 8 this year too. Nice for a side tourney =)

WTF Joe had V meter for V reversal. The pause might have messed him up but he should have been mashing that shit. Unless Eita did it on purpose and didn't tell him when he was going to unpause it lol.

IronLich

Renewed my CapcomFighters sub ticket from my Street Fighter V copy just for this event.

Tomorrow's gonna be something special. So much Street Fighter V overload. Then a little bit of Tekken 7, and a teeny bit of Revelator in the mix

But Saturday is gonna be madness. So many different tournament pools going on in one day, and all those Top 8s happening throughout most of that day. I'm gonna be so nauseous that day...

Lulubop

All the top Marvel players are about the same level, KBR probably a bit better. So it's fucking hard to come up with a top 8.

Blueblur1

I'm at the GameWorks party and its not bad. A lot more people this year and I find SFV up on-stage preferable than last year's Smash session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom