• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZ_b_EZ

What's your Twitch name? I forgot who made the room, but it's been up since AGDQ in January.

EDIT: Kadey is free like whoever made the lanyards, Kappa. Missing a T there!

My Twitch name is loserfailtowin but I guess I need to PM someone??

Raitaro

So what time are we starting today in European time (CEST)? Did anyone calculate already?

I'll be trying to watch as much as I can live, since I usually find it very difficult not to have the winner(s) spoiled for me if I try to catch up later. Hopefully I'll manage to catch a good bit of at least the SFV stuff while it's happening.

Edit: also, if they don't plan on forcing Balrog's Vegas stage to be picked for at least the semi-finals and finals of SFV, something went horribly wrong imo.

pixelish

So what time are we starting today in European time (CEST)? Did anyone calculate already?

I'll be trying to watch as much as I can live, since I usually find it very difficult not to have the winner(s) spoiled for me if I try to catch up later. Hopefully I'll manage to catch a good bit of at least the SFV stuff while it's happening.

Edit: also, if they don't plan on forcing Balrog's Vegas stage to be picked for at least the semi-finals and finals of SFV, something went horribly wrong imo.

it's starting in 4 hours

ironmang

Just realized this year is different for SF probably because of how many entrants lol.

Is "pool stage 2" when the top 2 advance from pool play? If it is that's great news for me that it's tomorrow evening. Would miss it tonight and that's usually my favorite part, even more than top 8.

Raitaro

Seth does it every year right?

He did last year at least. I definitely always enjoy his commentary.

Speaking of him, has he ever commented on SFV at all somewhere? It must be a bit weird for him to have helped bring back SF with IV but not be involved with V (even if it is by choice). I wonder if he likes the game and whether he is also critical of certain things. I don't really read twitter so maybe I missed something there.

Edit: ^^^ so he is confirmed then. Now to find out if people outside of the US can even watch ESPN...on TV at least...

Hyun Sai

Speaking of him, has he ever commented on SFV at all somewhere? It must be a bit weird for him to have helped bring back SF with IV but not be involved with V (even if it is by choice). I wonder if he likes the game and whether he is also critical of certain things. I don't really read twitter so maybe I missed something there.

That would be interesting as he was (correct me if I'm wrong) the instigator of the infamous FADC mechanic and V is going the opposite direction as far as Safe DP is concerned.

The fact that we still see so much DPs despite the huge risk is pretty telling on how FADC was bullshit before.

Are there a lot of Koreans coming for SFV?
yes.

Infil
Poongko
M lizard
NL - ryu main
Sandbag - pretty boy Ryu from sf crash
Verloren - cammy
Xyzzy - birdie main
Saulabis
Zzangmoo

Don't be surprised if any of those guys knock someone more famous into losers. Some of those players are kof players.

I-hate-u

Chen isn't doing Top 8 for SFV lame, not a fan of Mike Ross.

Mike is full of charisma and humor, but from a game and statistics knowledge perspective he is behind James Chen. If Seth is as knowledgeable about this game as much as SFIV, then both him and Mike will make a fantastic commentating duo.

pooptest

Mike is full of charisma and humor, but from a game and statistics knowledge perspective he is behind James Chen. If Seth is as knowledgeable about this game as much as SFIV, then both him and Mike will make a fantastic commentating duo.

Personally, I love the Mike Ross / Zhi commentating duo.

IronLich

Looking forward to that genuine Mike Ross commentary today...
sUqlmYT.gif

Also, tfw you realize Mike Ross is on commentary... so he's not competing in SFV this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom