• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

Is it confirmed that James and David won't be there for post match analysis either? I love me some Mike Ross but I was hoping for some James tears.

phaonaut

Will evo have an opening ceremony?

Is it confirmed that James and David won't be there for post match analysis either? I love me some Mike Ross but I was hoping for some James tears.

I expected this also, him and seth crying every year is pretty much a tradition now.

3AmMpxu.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what dlc characters are legal at evo then? or even out, I havent been following it closely.

Guile, Ibuki, Urien and Balrog?

what happened to Laugh? haven't heard anything about him since he had that falling out with Infil-senpai

FeelsBadMan. I don't know how much he's playing now, not much it seems like. I saw him once at in tournament (in South Korea I think) since then, but he didn't do much. Too bad, he was a really good player in his day.

what dlc characters are legal at evo then? or even out, I havent been following it closely.

Guile, Ibuki, Urien and Balrog?

all DLC characters legal
patch 2 days before Evo with fixes for tons of characters that people might not have gotten a chance yet to test in depth

cant wait

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all DLC characters legal
patch 2 days before Evo with fixes for tons of characters that people might not have gotten a chance yet to test in depth

cant wait

so is it those 4? I dont know who's out lol

El Sloth

Banned
all DLC characters legal

cant wait
Saw some Ibuki pkayers tweeting out that a meaty throw setup that worked on every character only works on some characters now.

shoutouts to NetherCapcom Studios

Pompadour

Someone at EVO here do me a favor and try and ask about stage transitions for any other stage but the China stage during the SFV Q&A in a few hours. I feel like no interviewer has ever asked about this glaring omission in the game and I'm curious if they ever plan to add them in for other stages.

I understand this is a minor complaint amongst the litany of SFV problems but I feel the major stuff (online, ragequitting, colors, punishing the exploit users) will be asked anyway. The only official Capcom comment I've read about the transitions is when I asked a Capcom rep here on GAF and they acknowledged the question but had no info to give me.

ScribbleD

What's the quickest way from the Westgate to the ballrooms? The walk through the hotel ballrooms and the skybridge seems super long. Is it quicker just to take the monorail?

vg260

Someone at EVO here do me a favor and try and ask about stage transitions for any other stage but the China stage during the SFV Q&A in a few hours. I feel like no interviewer has ever asked about this glaring omission in the game and I'm curious if they ever plan to add them in for other stages.

I understand this is a minor complaint amongst the litany of SFV problems but I feel the major stuff (online, ragequitting, colors, punishing the exploit users) will be asked anyway. The only official Capcom comment I've read about the transitions is when I asked a Capcom rep here on GAF and they acknowledged the question but had no info to give me.

Never expect any remotely good questions to be asked at these panels. It's so frustrating.

CSX

Since Tekken is about to start in half a hour, ill quickly repost this.

I typed short blurbs/bios of all the notable Japanese and Korean players entering the tourney this year aka the ones that will probably make this game look like combo practice for most of pools. The OP had most of them but there were a couple that weren't on the list such as Take.

Korean Players - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sot8tn

Japanese Players - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sot932

Baleoce

Just to reiterate something I said months ago, I think some completely unknown player is going to take SFV.

OK, that's good at least. Would have preferred the classic Killian/Chen combo, but glad he didn't get completely brushed off.

Hah. I love the traditional Seth & James combo. They've been at it for more than half a decade! It's not gonna feel the same when it's not James and Seth setting us free!

pixelish

Just to reiterate something I said months ago, I think some completely unknown player is going to take SFV.

definitely not this year but i do think it will probably happen next year. infiltration and gamerbee had their breakout evo in 2010 which was the 2nd year sf4 was played at evo.

Pachinko

This line to get in is fucking long as hell, lol
Hopefully it settles down a bit by 930 ish , and also hopefully I'm not too embarrassing playing SFV at 10am today. I went 0-2 in KI last year but won a single round at least , I'd say I'm better at SF than KI but the average player at evo is probably a ton better too.

Good luck to anyone else playing today !

Unlucky

An overview of American players in the top 25 for Capcom Cup points rankings:

1. Justin Wong, 716 points
6. Julio, 339 points
11. Chris Tatarian, 266 points
13. K-Brad, 196 points
18. PR Balrog, 142 points
19. FChamp 138 points
23. Nuckle Du, 116 points

That's seven Americans in the top 25, more than a quarter. I'll be keeping an eye on all of them at EVO, hoping they do well.

My manager is off work until the end of next week for vacation.

I don't have nearly as many vacation days, but I do have a nice office and twitch isn't blocked.

IN.

An overview of American players in the top 25 for Capcom Cup points rankings:

1. Justin Wong, 716 points
6. Julio, 339 points
11. Chris Tatarian, 266 points
13. K-Brad, 196 points
18. PR Balrog, 142 points
19. FChamp 138 points
23. Nuckle Du, 116 points

That's seven Americans in the top 25, more than a quarter. I'll be keeping an eye on all of them at EVO, hoping they do well.
Edit:
Damn, Justin is doing work. I thought that nuckledu would be higher.

it seems as though mobile doesn't work either for me. And I get no service where I'm at. Is Youtube streaming? Hitbox? Any other place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom