• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Looks like more and more Sm4sh top players are showing up on social media and expressing immense frustration with EVO this year. Some are just outright saying they won't go next year now.

Xeteh

His loss saved the ESPN crowd from being bored. You gotta have someone to root for in the top 8.

I don't really care what nationality people are, personalities and characters are more entertaining. Instead we get to watch 3 Nash players. Yay.

Looks like more and more Sm4sh top players are showing up on social media and expressing immense frustration with EVO this year. Some are just outright saying they won't go next year now.

I sincerely doubt that they would skip out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Marvel still on tomorow before SFV or did they finally bump it down the card?

Dahbomb

Top 8 Marvel 3:

Kaneblueriver: (Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel)
Angelic (Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma Gorath)
Dual Kevin (Deadpool/Dante/Hawkeye)
Priest (MODOK/Magneto/Doom)

Justin Wong (Wolverine/Storm/Akuma)
ChrisG (Morrigan/Doom/Vergil)
Apologyman (Firebrand/Doom/Skrull)
Paradigm (Haggar/Arthur/Raccoon/Dormammu/Doom)

Highest character variety in a Marvel top 8 EVO yet.

Dual Kevin would be my dream win. Dude's match with ChrisG was peak Marvel 3 performance in terms of pretty much everything.

I literally watched EVO all day and what an incredible day it was. From Smash 4's epic road to the Grand Finals (THAT MEGA MAN) to Street Fighter V, just wow. So many great moments, upsets, surprises, etc. Tomorrow should be quite a show itself. See you all there!

MrDaravon

If you'd told me that LI Joe and Hugo101 would be the only americans to make top 12 2 days ago I would have laughed at you. Good shit to Joe, can't fucking believe it.

dmr87

Top 8 Marvel 3:

Kaneblueriver: (Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel)
Angelic (Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma Gorath)
Dual Kevin (Deadpool/Dante/Hawkeye)
Priest (MODOK/Magneto/Doom)

Justin Wong (Wolverine/Storm/Akuma)
ChrisG (Morrigan/Doom/Vergil)
Apologyman (Firebrand/Doom/Skrull)
Paradigm (Haggar/Arthur/Raccoon/Dormammu/Doom)

Highest character variety in a Marvel top 8 yet.

Dual Kevin would be my dream win. Dude's match with ChrisG was peak Marvel 3 performance in terms of pretty much everything.

Cheering for Apology and Angelic. (Firebrand and Shuma hype)

Biolink

i find nash extremely hard to play against, but what would they be able to nerf without destroying him as a character?

Nothing really stands out besides that they should mess with(Without neutering him) besides Cr.Mp.

Great all around tools, but the guys using him make him just make him look that much better IMO.

mbpm1

I don't really care what nationality people are, personalities and characters are more entertaining. Instead we get to watch 3 Nash players. Yay.

It's great. It's just like when people thought elena would plague USFIV last year.

But this time it actually happened.

mitchlol

I wish we saw some more Alex in top 64 I didn't even get to see 1 match with Alex. It was awesome to see Ita flying the Gief flag though.

Personally I don't enjoy watching Chun matches

Gief
Alex
Laura
Mika (filthy)

Are probably the most fun to watch. (Oh and throw in some Ryu parry why you at it)

Biggest surprise was how much I enjoyed watching Xian play FANG

Unlucky

They're great players, but I don't like repeat champions so hoping neither Fuudo nor Infil win SF tomorrow.

Same with Justin and KBR in Marvel. They're some of my favorite players, but I'm hoping to see someone new triumph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom