• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
No lie though, having 3 Nashs & 2 Chuns in the Top 8 isn't a good look. Gotta buff Rashid & FANG and to a lesser extent Ryu & Ken. Gotta hit that nerf button on Nash and Chun Li.

Oh yeah that's definitely gonna come through. Absolutely.

pixelish

what ryu needs:
- air fireball
- teleport
- divekick
- command grab

these buffs would probably elevate ryu to at least mid tier now

MrDaravon

The Smash 4 folks have a ton of pretty legitimate complaints, especially for getting the 2nd highest number of entrants two years in a row (I think?) now. I mean some people are complaining about top matches not being on stream etc and that shit always fucking happens with every game so that is what it is. But lots of complaining about the entire tournament not being 3/5 for example which is just flatout absurd given how long the game already takes; you'd have to re-work the entire rest of Evo and all of it's games to support that in an event that is already ridiculous.

Unless some crazy stuff comes to light on the Evo-staff/planning side of things Smash 4 definitely got the raw end of things and really should not have given their entrants, but a lot of the complaints and demands are just not feasible for a tournament of this size that's being shared with 8 other games. It's kind of hyperbolic, but honestly the suggestion going around that Smash in general should re-split off from the FGC is probably not the worst idea, a lot of events just can't properly support both sides the way they want to be. Smash logistical issues and they want 3/5 for a game where 2/3 already generally runs longer than most other games; that's totally fair if that's their standard, but with the size these events are growing at it's not really compatible with practically every other game.

I put little stock in top players saying they won't go next year (if it's even there), but I wonder what's going to happen down the line.

Spuck-uk

Banned
sm4sh players wanting 3/5 earlier in the bracket can get fucked, honestly

I have never heard so much entitled whining about Evo as I have the Sm4sh players this year.

Accept that nobody else wants to see 8 hours plus of your constantly overrunning party game on finals day.

I have never heard so much entitled whining about Evo as I have the Sm4sh players this year.

Accept that nobody else wants to see 8 hours plus of your constantly overrunning party game on finals day.
Toss in the ASW games as well. 1 hour is too much of those games, if you can call them games.

MrDaravon

No lie though, having 3 Nashs & 2 Chuns in the Top 8 isn't a good look. Gotta buff Rashid & FANG and to a lesser extent Ryu & Ken. Gotta hit that nerf button on Nash and Chun Li.

I'm kinda drunk right now but what the fuck, is this a troll post or what dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom