• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 8 Marvel 3:

Kaneblueriver: (Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel)
Angelic (Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma Gorath)
Dual Kevin (Deadpool/Dante/Hawkeye)
Priest (MODOK/Magneto/Doom)

Justin Wong (Wolverine/Storm/Akuma)
ChrisG (Morrigan/Doom/Vergil)
Apologyman (Firebrand/Doom/Skrull)
Paradigm (Haggar/Arthur/Raccoon/Dormammu/Doom)

Highest character variety in a Marvel top 8 EVO yet.

Dual Kevin would be my dream win. Dude's match with ChrisG was peak Marvel 3 performance in terms of pretty much everything.
Marvel the best, the hypest game.

RocBase

Top 8 Marvel 3:

Dual Kevin would be my dream win. Dude's match with ChrisG was peak Marvel 3 performance in terms of pretty much everything.
i never want to see any nonsense again about how late game marvel is filled with the same characters winning

Tekniqs

they're going to have to be strict on schedule tomorrow right? none of this tournament standard time BS. I'm sure ESPN isn't going to move their timeslot if another game is taking too long lol

Neoxon

Top 8 Marvel 3:

"Competitive UMvC3 doesn't have character variety, anymore."

lolwut?

Neonep

No lie though, having 3 Nashs & 2 Chuns in the Top 8 isn't a good look. Gotta buff Rashid & FANG and to a lesser extent Ryu & Ken. Gotta hit that nerf button on Nash and Chun Li.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
i have a question

how the fuck did we fill out an entire evo thread last year before sunday

If you look at the threads from last year a lot of people in it are banned. Plus certain people don't like SFV and it seems a lot of people posted in the OT of some of the games instead of in here.

I did not think this year's EVO will surpass last year to begin with. Last year was Ultra's final year and the event just happened at the right time.

xCobalt

How long did smash take last year? They allotted 4 hours for smash this year which could serve as a buffer in case one of the games go over time.

Well at least we can lord this over europe. Hoping Joe can go far but there's so many killers/non surprises in the rest of the top 8. That just speaks to how many top players came out from the rest of the world since there were tons of upsets after the second round of pools.

i have a question

how the fuck did we fill out an entire evo thread last year before sunday

obviously more people were interested in USFIV last year than SFV this year(atleast on NEOGAF). Unfinished release of SFV kind of turned off a lot people from the franchise even on this site. Just go to any SFV threads you will know.

Looks like more and more Sm4sh top players are showing up on social media and expressing immense frustration with EVO this year. Some are just outright saying they won't go next year now.

TJrZjqI.jpg

/s

No lie though, having 3 Nashs & 2 Chuns in the Top 8 isn't a good look. Gotta buff Rashid & FANG and to a lesser extent Ryu & Ken. Gotta hit that nerf button on Nash and Chun Li.

Agreed. Ryu should have a command grab.

Looks like more and more Sm4sh top players are showing up on social media and expressing immense frustration with EVO this year. Some are just outright saying they won't go next year now.

Then maybe Sm4sh Top 8 will end earlier Kappa

Xeteh

Nerf one character that hasn't won anything and buff two of the most successful characters.

You're like quite possibly the worst balance theorycrafter ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom