• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we just have a Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 tourney. I'd go to Evo just for that.

EVO won't cut Smash, Melee & Smash 4 combined make them too much money.

Of course. And everyone knows that.

It's just everyone's chance to throw shade at games they don't like.

Neoxon

Smash 4 had more people than melee. Zero being pissed isn't going to cause them to drop the game with the second most entrants.
True, but recent events clearly has the Smash 4 scene up in arms. And it's not like EVO really needs Smash 4. Street Fighter V has double Smash 4's entrants on its first EVO & Melee wasn't too far off from Smash 4. That's not even mentioning Tekken 7 being on the horizon for consoles. I do think EVO should do more to improve Smash 4 at EVO, but we need to recognize that they don't need us.

Nose Master

It was one of the lesser stream experiences in recent memory.

nowhere near as bad as G league but not as good as CEO or combo breaker

Also Zhi. I hate the word, but the guy is so fucking cringeworthy. It's like he youtubed a few yipes videos and is doing his best to ape it, and it's so bad I neeeeever mute streams, and I had to mute every single time that idiot was on.

Also there was this kid who was just fucked up in the westgate. We heard screaming and got in the elevator. Then this kid got in and started yelling "FUCK!!!" while punching the wall repeatedly. It was a really weird elevator ride.

He was two floors below us too so he must have been yelling really loud...

mbpm1

Also there was this kid who was just fucked up in the westgate. We heard screaming and got in the elevator. Then this kid got in and started yelling "FUCK!!!" while punching the wall repeatedly. It was a really weird elevator ride.

I wonder if it was a Gaffer

bryt

Was he a Smash player

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is Luffy drunk yet and rolling in the hotel hallways?

We need some good old fashion salty suites. Not this boring crap they have on right now. Needs more Lap Chi drinking money matches.

Perro

PJSalt

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Calm down yams yeeesh

BiggNife

True, but recent events clearly has the Smash 4 scene up in arms. And it's not like EVO really needs Smash 4. Street Fighter V has double Smash 4's entrants on its first EVO & Melee wasn't too far off from Smash 4. That's not even mentioning Tekken 7 being on the horizon for consoles. I do think EVO should do more to improve Smash 4 at EVO, but we need to recognize that they don't need us.
Is it really the entire community that is pissed or just a vocal minority that's making a lot of noise? Iirc zero has a reputation for shaking hornets nests and I saw a lot of people on Twitter trying to argue that the people whining don't speak for the entire community.

I think as long as people show up, smash 4 will be at Evo. If there's a boycott next year and no one shows up, then that's an issue. As it is, it doesn't really make sense to drop a game that had over 2000 entrants.

Also Zhi. I hate the word, but the guy is so fucking cringeworthy. It's like he youtubed a few yipes videos and is doing his best to ape it, and it's so bad I neeeeever mute streams, and I had to mute every single time that idiot was on.

i had to mute him multiple times because he's determined to blow my speakers. hate those sudden screams.

Smash 4 players will be back next year. Go ahead and quote me.

Ahh, probably somebody just moaning about gohan in super.

MrDaravon

Even aside from the Smash 4 issues the SFV streams weren't much better; outside of commentator preferences there was just ridiculous downtime constantly, some quality/artifacting/transition freezes etc. At one point SFV had 3 streams and none of them had a match actually being played which is kind of impressive.

I mentioned before that I was kind of glad I wasn't able to go for the first time this year since it seemed like it would be a potentially rough transition year with size and venues, kind of sad to see that panned out that way for attendees. Kind of crazy that they got such a bigger venue and it was still packed with all kinds of logistical issues. Honestly curious to see what they do next year; are there even bigger venues they can get, do they cut games or go to 4 days or what.

BiggNife

Also I don't like the idea of separating smash from Evo because then it just further splits the fgc and smash communities into two communities with their own superiority complexes instead of one big community with shared interests.

It took years before smash became common at fgc events and I don't think we should regress backwards.

mbpm1

Also I don't like the idea of separating smash from Evo because then it just further splits the fgc and smash communities into two communities with their own superiority complexes instead of one big community with shared interests.

It took years before smash became common at fgc events and I don't think we should regress backwards.

what if we're already split

Ferrio

Banned
KoF has been the highlight of the tourny so far for me. Game looks amazing, and it's a damn shame it wasn't out a bit earlier to make the cut.

Perro

Even aside from the Smash 4 issues the SFV streams weren't much better; outside of commentator preferences there was just ridiculous downtime constantly, some quality/artifacting/transition freezes etc. At one point SFV had 3 streams and none of them had a match actually being played which is kind of impressive.

I mentioned before that I was kind of glad I wasn't able to go for the first time this year since it seemed like it would be a potentially rough transition year with size and venues, kind of sad to see that panned out that way for attendees. Kind of crazy that they got such a bigger venue and it was still packed with all kinds of logistical issues. Honestly curious to see what they do next year; are there even bigger venues they can get, do they cut games or go to 4 days or what.
For me, the worst thing was having commercial breaks in top 8s!!
The streams had a lot of breaks already but having them in top 8 its stupid.

Tripon

This Evo is pretty atrocious from a viewer at the venue. Wayyyyy more attendants and less projectors than last year in the main room giving less focus to the games you're showcasing. Jesus, give some places a 60" tv to spectate and they would be ok.

Great job, Mr. Wiz. Lmao.
I needed seats. It was impossible to find an open seat.

The smell on Sat was way worse than Friday. There was a large group of people who clearly were wearing the same clothes from the previous day and didn't bathe.

Wallach

The smell on Sat was way worse than Friday. There was a large group of people who clearly were wearing the same clothes from the previous day and didn't bathe.

damn, didn't even put on fresh clothes? come on dudes

Alucrid

Banned

i'll remain in my non smelly streaming atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom