• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

This clutch combo from Yukadon against Tokido was pretty cool..
EasygoingRequiredAmericanpainthorse.gif

This Evo is pretty atrocious from a viewer at the venue. Wayyyyy more attendants and less projectors than last year in the main room giving less focus to the games you're showcasing. Jesus, give some places a 60" tv to spectate and they would be ok.

Great job, Mr. Wiz. Lmao.

Can't make them safe because there's no FADC, and DP recovery puts you in counter hit state so if you miss you take a shit ton of damage.

I think this is the only action people really want in this. No need for buffing characters.

But getting max damage on a missed DP has always been there on all versions

Xeteh

I sure as hell wouldn't.

Almost as bad as watching KI.

Actually, no, I take that back, it's much worse.

To each their own. I've watched Melee each year its been at Evo and it has never been anymore more than the biggest slogfest each time. I get that people love it but I will never understand why.

Alucrid

Banned
I think this is the only action people really want in this. No need for buffing characters.

adding in the FADC would completely ruin this game. i mean, there's not even a focus attack to dash cancel

mbpm1

you get max damage you wouldn't get in nearly any other situation for crush counters tho

the risk reward is skewed further than it's been

Vex_

Banned
So who do you all want to see in the finals??????

I want Joe v. Infil for a fateful Nash v Nash fight. Korea vs usa!

colinp

Banned
I'd just as soon see Smash cut from EVO entirely. The rest of the FGC has crossover, Smash is its own thing. Yeah, Revelator is a much smaller game, but it appeals to the same people who play SF.

Meanwhile Smash players are demanding 3/5 sets for a game that already runs much longer than any SF-derived fighter.

Given the choice between space and stream time for tiny scenes like GGXrd or KI, and appeasing Smash fans, I go with the former.

+1. Gotta make space for KOFXIV.

Zackat

This Evo is pretty atrocious from a viewer at the venue. Wayyyyy more attendants and less projectors than last year in the main room giving less focus to the games you're showcasing. Jesus, give some places a 60" tv to spectate and they would be ok.

yeah it seemed really sparse. People just crowded behind the players watching them. I hope this is a learning experience for next time because it seemed really janky from my computer seat. I'm sure it was worse from there.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EVO should be two seperate tournaments in the year. EVO one being now should be Capcom, Namco, and the standard mainstream fighters. EVO two later in the year or the very beginning of the year should be Nintendo, old school and some of the obscure fighters. Double the mcribs for Mr.Wiz and everybody is accommodated. Win, win.

None of us have even watched the games. There aren't enough chairs in the center and I'd rather just walk around and check out stations and booths than stand there. The anime section was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom