• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210277932]SFV gets $65,422 for first place, over 20k for 2nd, about 1k for showing up and losing in top 8.

Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? From my calculations 1st place in SFV makes a tad over 50k. 30,606 from the 5101 registrants and 20k from the 50k pot bonus added by Capcom. The whole thing should look like this

1st: $50,606
2nd: $20,202
3rd: $12,101
4th: $7,040.40
5th: $3520.20(each)
7th: $2,010.10 (each)

Correct me if I'm wrong though. But that's the calculation I came up with using the percentage from EVO's website and the list from the CPT website.

Tripon

I think anyone involved with running the event (paid or volunteer) would want to jump off a bridge if Evo ran longer. I've toast after spending 12+ hours running stuff for two days. D:

You're not entirely wrong... but there are plenty of people who need to wash their ass that don't.
I walked by the animevo area a couple of times to see if you were there. Everytime whomever was Manning the area seemed busy as heck so I thought it wasn't a good time. Maybe next year.

Are you sure about that? From my calculations 1st place in SFV makes a tad over 50k. 30,606 from the 5101 registrants and 20k from the 50k pot bonus added by Capcom. The whole thing should look like this

1st: $50,606
2nd: $20,202
3rd: $12,101
4th: $7,040.40
5th: $3520.20(each)
7th: $2,010.10 (each)

Correct me if I'm wrong though. But that's the calculation I came up with using the percentage from EVO's website and the list from the CPT website.

I thought it was 10 bucks per registered player, was i wrong?

kirblar

I think most (95%) of participants know they have no chance at winning this. EVO is FG convention/tournament now. It's no longer a tournament. It's an event where like minded people just hang out and play some games. Buy few items, take pics with their favorite players and devs. So the 8 man payout is fine. Only the best of the best get paid. I think most people are fine with it.
I don't care about the 95%

Paying 500 bux to 9-16 isn't hard. (for example)

This is about supporting your upper-tier players.

Cyrano

I don't care about the 95%

Paying 500 bux to 9-16 isn't hard. (for example)

This is about supporting your upper-tier players.
Yeah, in most other competitive environments pay goes to a lot more than even just the top 16 in most cases. Paying the upper echelon rather than just the top 8 is necessary to support better play.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
We are continuing with the tradition of couches in bathrooms for our suites.

M2uYWEL.jpg

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210279189]I thought it was 10 bucks per registered player, was i wrong?[/QUOTE]

No you're not. This is how I came up with the figures. Their are 5101 players which equals $51,010. The Capcom pot bonus is 50k for a total pay out of $101,010. Difference is that EVO and Capcom split the pay out differently.

EVO does 60/20/10/4/2/2/1/1(percentages)
Capcom does 20k/10k/7k/5k/2.5k/2.5k/1.5k/1.5k.

So I just did some quick math and got those numbers you quoted.

No you're not. This is how I came up with the figures. Their are 5101 players which equals $51,010. The Capcom pot bonus is 50k for a total pay out of $101,010. Difference is that EVO and Capcom split the pay out differently.

EVO does 60/20/10/4/2/2/1/1(percentages)
Capcom does 20k/10k/7k/5k/2.5k/2.5k/1.5k/1.5k.

So I just did some quick math and got those numbers you quoted.

Ah makes sense.

Pachinko

He isn't kidding - I went to the center in the afternoon and it smelled awful.

Also the lack of chairs was severely disappointing. Had to stand most of the time to watch the main screens.
It did smell bad all day but I figured out it was only a bit of BO smell , mostly it came from the bun toaster at the Quiznos stand , made the whole place smell like a burnt fart. I had a good time this year but there are a few things I feel they could be improved. It's mostly just growing pains stuff. This evo felt 50-100% larger than last years but it didn't ever feel like there was that much more space and as cool as it is to use the Mandalay bay event center to hold the finals , I feel like the whole event works better at a single venue , even if that means just using Mandalay bay perhaps ?

Cyrano

Was there tremendous growth in money?

Most FGC figureheads still have regular FT jobs.
I'm not their financial manager so I can't be certain, but I would assume there should be some. Though maybe the reason there is no growth has something to do with the fact that only 8 people ever make any.

JayEH

The payout for FGC events is already low compared to other games. Spreading out the payout even more won't help.

I think even if people took showers, it would make no difference. When temperatures are that hot and you stick so many people in a confined space for 8+ hours, people are going to smell no matter what. Add to that people are going to be going to the bathroom and eating all day. I can only imagine.

Diet plays a big part, I think. It's not just sweat, it's the nature of the sweat.

I was at a massive fitness expo couple weeks back and the whole place was rammed door to door for 2 days straight. But nobody smelt, even people visibly sweating (they even had a gym in the middle of the place).

Okay, I'll post the link. Mods, if this isn't okay, please don't ban me! Please just let me know to remove it and I'll do so. And if anyone wants to make a thread about it, please feel free. Joe is such a fantastic guy and I just want people to be able to learn his story. (We go super deep in this doc into stuff he has *never* talked about publicly.)

http://www.floko.tv/video/984661-fgc-raw-long-island-joe-teaser-trailer

Looks good, definitely will check it out once it's finished. One little criticism though, you have Joe sitting center frame talking directly into the camera, which looks a little off. The rest of the production looks great, but I'd take a look at how some other documentaries shoot talking heads.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Gootecks, combofiend, smug are here now. I guess this is the after party.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210280422]renta always the gaf party god[/QUOTE]
Hells yeah! :)

Guys, where can I catch an archived feed of last night's events? I missed out on the last few hours of SFV!

Edit: Found, nevermind.

What time is Top 8 on?

How many Nashes in top 8?

Online bout to look like Nashville, TN.
Here's the top 8.

Winners bracket
RZR|Fuudo (R. Mika) vs. MOV (Chun-Li)
Yukadon (Nash) vs. RZR|Infiltration (Nash)

Losers bracket
HM|Eita (Ken) vs. LI Joe (Nash)
HM|Go1 (Chun-Li) vs. AW|Nemo (Vega)

There are a total of
Nashes.

Sayad

Fell asleep before last night's Pokken final and the SFV QF/SF.
Where can I watch these?
Can I watch the rest of last night's stream somewhere? I held out to about Daigo vs Wong.
Capcom fighters are re-streaming yesterday's stuff, their archive is behind a paywall though.
https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

EVO1 and EVO3 channels archives are free:
EVO1 https://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/v/78454276 <- skip to the last hour of the stream
EVO3 https://www.twitch.tv/srkevo3/v/78441951 <- last two hours

jm89

Other than beating kazunoku, LI joes path to the top 8 was pretty meh, dude got lucky with his match ups. I think eita got his.

Hahaha are we seriously getting Justin Wong vs Chris G in the first round of Marvel losers? This will be the 5th Evo in a row where one of them eliminates the other. That's every single Evo for umvc3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom