• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

It seems like every year Smash goes long and SF ends up starting an hour later than its supposed to. Because they are on TV that obviously can't happen this year- did they build extra time into the schedule this year?

Yeah, Smash needs to reign their shit in because it's starting to annoy me when other games start so late due to their long ass matches.

paolo11

Question about these amazing players.

GOI1 , Yukadon, and MOV, did these guys started playing SF or are they previous fgc vets?

jm89

It seems like every year Smash goes long and SF ends up starting an hour later than its supposed to. Because they are on TV that obviously can't happen this year- did they build extra time into the schedule this year?

Smash got an extra hour I think, if it goes any longer it will get pushed to the side.

pixelish

Question about these amazing players.

GOI1 , Yukadon, and MOV, did these guys started playing SF or are they previous fgc vets?

go1 is a poverty anime god
mov is a 3s legend
yukadon is an online sf4 warrior but had his big break in sfv when he placed 2nd at a cpt japan tournament last month. here's a highlight of his in that tournament in which he did one of the hypest shit in sfv so far https://clips.twitch.tv/buttonmashersjp/SparklingLionPRChase

Spacebar

I'm really disappointed in the American players. Every year they talk up a big game and never show up for the big stage. I'm a big LI Joe fan and I know this is a great achievement for him. After he won the match with Kazunoko you would have thought he just won grand finals. People rushing the stage and going nuts. This is the problem with American scene. Top 8 at EVO seems to be good enough. I'm hoping Joe can pull off a miracle, but I'm sure Infiltration will take home the EVO crown.

And honestly once you take away his ridiculous magneto Mobility, his team often falls apart.

Yeah. Ray's biggest weakness is that he's so inflexible. He's got a gameplan that works 99% of the time, but if he runs into someone where it doesn't work, he doesn't have a fallback plan. He's not willing to switch to runaway like FChamp does when he needs to. Last year at Evo he tried to rush down KBR's Hulk like he was any other character, and look how that turned out.

Lulubop

I'm really disappointed in the American players. Every year they talk up a big game and never show up for the big stage. I'm a big LI Joe fan and I know this is a great achievement for him. After he won the match with Kazunoko you would have thought he just won grand finals. People rushing the stage and going nuts. This is the problem with American scene. Top 8 at EVO seems to be good enough. I'm hoping Joe can pull off a miracle, but I'm sure Infiltration will take home the EVO crown.

America is somehow weaker in SFV than they were in SF4.

I mean, Joe is the same guy who did this. Joe going crazy over things is just a part of his personality.

pixelish

quoting for new page
MKX
Winners bracket
cR|SonicFox vs. MTL|Hayatei (Takeda - Ronin)
cR|WoundCowboy vs. TekkenMaster

Losers bracket
EVB|Dragon (Alien - Acidic) vs. PG|Scar (Sonya Blade - Demolition)
YOMI|Michaelangelo vs. EVB|BigD

UMVC3
Winners bracket
KaneBlueRiver (Haggar, Hulk, Sentinel) vs. Priest (Magneto, M.O.D.O.K., Dr. Doom)
NB|DualKevin (Deadpool, Dante, Hawkeye) vs. BT|Angelic (Wolverine, Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath)

Losers bracket
Paradigm (Haggar, Dormammu, Dr. Doom | Haggar, Dr. Doom, Rocket Raccoon) vs. ApologyMan (Firebrand, Dr. Doom, Super-Skrull)
NYChrisG (Morrigan, Dr. Doom, Vergil) vs. EG|Justin Wong (Wolverine, Storm, Akuma)

Xrd
Winners bracket
Rion (Ky) vs. GGP|Kazunoko (Raven)
Machaboo (Sin) vs. Nakamura (Millia)

Losers bracket
Ogawa (Zato-1) vs. PG|MarlinPie (Zato-1)
Omito (Johnny) vs. TopGaren (Zato-1)

Melee
Winners bracket
Alliance|Armada (Peach, Fox) vs. FOX|Mew2King (Sheik, Marth)
Liquid|Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) vs. PG|Plup (Sheik)

Losers bracket
Tempo|S2J (Captain Falcon) vs. G2|Westballz (Falco, Fox)
C9|Mango (Falco, Fox) vs. CLG|PewPewU (Marth)

SFV
Winners bracket
RZR|Fuudo (R. Mika) vs. MOV (Chun-Li)
Yukadon (Nash) vs. RZR|Infiltration (Nash)

Losers bracket
HM|Eita (Ken) vs. LI Joe (Nash)
HM|Go1 (Chun-Li) vs. AW|Nemo (Vega)

America is somehow weaker in SFV than they were in SF4.

Funny how that works. Tekken 7 only out in arcades in Asia for over a year & we get two American's in Top 8 & America out places Japan. Street Fighter V comes out with a simultanious world wide release & America gets 1 guy in Top 8 in losers.

Lulubop

Looking at the MKX top 8, seems like there were a lot of upsets? I don't know anyone besides Fox and Scar, but I don't follow it too much

yeah but Joe is an underdog in this scenario. Like, if there was a huge pop-off for like Justin making top 8, I'd agree more. The huge reaction for Joe is because it was Joe.

Americans sure got beat down though. No arcades in Japan, no early release, and Japan dominated more than ever. 6 out of the top 8!

But Amerca dominated Killer Instinct Kappa

IronLich

I'm just excited in general for today.

MKX - Shame Honeybee didn't make Top 8. He seemed like the only one that could have brought Sonicfox to his knees. A repeat victory is incoming.

MAHVEL - I'm rooting for DualKevin. Anyone who brings a Deadpool to Top 8 demands commendation, but he made it work. Justin vs ChrisG never gets old. If Justin is John Cena, than ChrisG is Randy Orton.

Xrd - Really looking forward to MarlinPie vs Ogawa. Definitely a battle of the best Zato players, pound for pound.

Melee - I admit I'm not as familiar with Melee as I am other fighters. I might use that time to refresh and relax.

SFV - LI Joe please! Get America back on top of Street Fighter!

Fitts

The 4 hours of smash is going to be the iron man test. Just how much coffee can one handle to get through that.

What the fuuuuuck? Does it really take four hours for Melee top 8? I figured they just left a good amount of time between that and SFV so they didn't mess up the ESPN deal.

Hyun Sai

I'm really disappointed in the American players. Every year they talk up a big game and never show up for the big stage. I'm a big LI Joe fan and I know this is a great achievement for him. After he won the match with Kazunoko you would have thought he just won grand finals. People rushing the stage and going nuts

That was nearly the same when Pr ROG beat Bonchan in fucking POOLS. Chants everywhere as if USA just won EVO. That was cringe worthy.

Melee going 4th fucks me up. I liked watching 2 finals, then going out when Melee started, coming back and finishing Melee then watching the other two finals.

I'm grateful for the break though nonetheless

Revven

What the fuuuuuck? Does it really take four hours for Melee top 8? I figured they just left a good amount of time between that and SFV so they didn't mess up the ESPN deal.

No, it doesn't really take four hours. It's usually three hours (can sometimes take 20-30 minutes longer than that depending on the MUs) so they gave it some extra buffer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom