• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
LIJoe and Justin were in the same bracket apparently. Real talk though, LIJoe is honestly the best choice for an ESPN-friendly American top 8 player. If Justin had made it instead, the whole top 8 would be Asian, and your average ESPN random viewer would be making a lot of Asian nerds on TV complaints. We're going to get those anyway but LIJoe gives them somebody to cheer for and makes it look at least a little bit more diverse.
I agree. Not only that, good looking guy with a hot girlfriend is a good representative for the scene. WE'RE NOT ALL COMPLETE NERDS

Seyavesh

Not too much of a surprise. Zero was figured out a long time ago. No one who actively follows Marvel believes that character is #1 or OP anymore.
uh, i certainly think he's arguably the #1 char alongside vergil or morrigan still depending personal taste and definition.
know a whole lot of other dudes do too

the biggest thing to me is that every good zero seems to have the same weakness of mentally cracking quicker. there's just something about that char that makes people have that issue- it's such a strangely common thing to see them start fucking up and making bad decisions after being ridiculously dominating.

like, it happens every single year before top 8 too- at some point there's one or two zeros who look like they're putting a foot up an evo champ's ass and then they get come back on and don't recover in time to salvage that last game they need.

even the year where flocker won he cracked and pretty much recovered just in time during the last match when justin fucked up his tac inf (or maybe from that?)

Yoooo who beat daigo?

Pimpin+ain+t+easy+this+is+justin+wong+evo2014+champion+of_0299f0_5218487.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont even like MK but this match is pretty hype tbh

IronLich

D'vorah is just so good at begging their adversary to press a button, especially Venomous. You block, hold these chocolate chips, hold this EX Acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom