• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mixed2k

I'm really disappointed in the American players. Every year they talk up a big game and never show up for the big stage. I'm a big LI Joe fan and I know this is a great achievement for him. After he won the match with Kazunoko you would have thought he just won grand finals. People rushing the stage and going nuts. This is the problem with American scene. Top 8 at EVO seems to be good enough. I'm hoping Joe can pull off a miracle, but I'm sure Infiltration will take home the EVO crown.

" The way they celebrated at the end was unbelievable. Iceland USA fgc don’t try to play, they just defend, defend and defend.
Then they celebrate like they have won the Euros Evo.
This in my opinion shows a small mentality. They are not going to do anything in this competition."

olympia

yeah but Joe is an underdog in this scenario. Like, if there was a huge pop-off for like Justin making top 8, I'd agree more. The huge reaction for Joe is because it was Joe.

Americans sure got beat down though. No arcades in Japan, no early release, and Japan dominated more than ever. 6 out of the top 8!

Not to mention that the way he rallied at the end there was extremely exciting

Lulubop

" The way they celebrated at the end was unbelievable. Iceland USA fgc don’t try to play, they just defend, defend and defend.
Then they celebrate like they have won the Euros Evo.
This in my opinion shows a small mentality. They are not going to do anything in this competition."

It's just LI Joe's personality.

He celebrates like that when a 3 second teaser clip of Urien is shown. Chill bro.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what does 10:30am for the Marvel finals mean in UK time? >_>

dralla

You could go at the start of Smash Bros and get back in time to catch the top 4, kappa

For real though, invite her over? Watch it together.

I've never met her before and don't plan on inviting over a stranger. She does like Smash tho. I'm either gonna reschedule or make it a quick date during Smash finals.

This song has gone through about 4 different genres already. House, funky house, hiphop, electro....

Putting my KRK 6"s through their paces though. Best purchase of the year by far :)

So people who are far more into the FGC then I am

Is it better for the FGC to see the usual suspects every year in top 8 (like melee for the most part this year) or is it better to have almost all unknown players or people who haven't been to top 8 evo?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I noticed the Xrd finals are today aswell, o it wasnt part of the Anime Block yesterday? guess its too big for that, thats cool

Here's hoping for an UltraAris commentary duo for MKX

thats exactly what it is

Supposed to start in half an hour bud

evo-stream-schedule-640x618.png

? Says 8am PST here

USA has it rough. We need all the support we can get.

You aren't kidding.

Looking at results in past EVOs, American representation in Top 8 for Street Fighter got progressively worse with each passing year.

You had 5 Americans in top 8 for SFIV in 2009 and 2010; Daigo (who won both years) was the only Japanese player to make Top 8 in 2010 at all. Starting in 2011, we never saw more than 2 Americans in Top 8, due to Japanese players showing up in force and players from other countries stepping up in a big way.

As happy as I am that we weren't completely shut out this year, it feels as though the US has fallen further and further behind as the scene has grown. :/

Busaiku

You aren't kidding.

Looking at results in past EVOs, American representation in Top 8 for Street Fighter got progressively worse with each passing year.

You had 5 Americans in top 8 for SFIV in 2009 and 2010; Daigo (who won both years) was the only Japanese player to make Top 8 in 2010 at all. Starting in 2011, we never saw more than 2 Americans in Top 8, due to Japanese players showing up in force and players from other countries stepping up in a big way.

As happy as I am that we weren't completely shut out this year, it feels as though the US has fallen further and further behind as the scene has grown. :/
Better than Europe!

ShinMaruku

That was nearly the same when Pr ROG beat Bonchan in fucking POOLS. Chants everywhere as if USA just won EVO. That was cringe worthy.
The USA chants makes me want the US to lose. Also I can really go debbie downer on the whole thing let's not get into the myth of American exceptionalism

USA has it rough. We need all the support we can get.
We don't have jack shit rough, you just need a much better practice regime and that would require some people to have a decent salary so they can travel
America is somehow weaker in SFV than they were in SF4.
US is acually the same in sf5 to sf4, they just have less fuckery to fraud their way with.

I'm really disappointed in the American players. Every year they talk up a big game and never show up for the big stage. I'm a big LI Joe fan and I know this is a great achievement for him. After he won the match with Kazunoko you would have thought he just won grand finals. People rushing the stage and going nuts. This is the problem with American scene. Top 8 at EVO seems to be good enough. I'm hoping Joe can pull off a miracle, but I'm sure Infiltration will take home the EVO crown.
I will excuse Joe because that's as he does and nobody gives him the respect he's due. As for Americans being dissapointing in the EVO showings, it's to be expected the US has more big talkers than anybody but has the weakest average players in regard to the rest of the planet. Never expect them to win unless they regularly go to Japan for boot camp things and learn how Japan approaches the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom