• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZ_b_EZ

There is a crowd but they have the audio set to automatically mute extra sound other than Steve's voice.

I forgot how to explain it

As a Audio Engineer, I'm embarassed :(

la_briola

Man the stadium is looking hella empty, any word from the people there if it's filling up?

8~9am, everybody is sleeping
sleeping.gif
and/or drunk.
kunk-rum.gif

Revven

I just wonder how many people are gonna show up for SF only. That or they're smashers who only care about Melee.

You act like Smashers don't watch other games when that's far from the truth. There may be like several who won't but I can name a lot who do and did the past couple of years since Melee has been there.

IronLich

It always makes me giggle whenever the opponent just quickly pauses, and pulls up Restart Match.

Reminds me of Smash with the Give Up into No Contest followed by immediate next round. Like no you don't WANT to see your inevitable death.

It's assigned seating and across the strip from the other venue, people will only show up for their main games

I don't see why any FGC person would choose to sit through 4 hours of smash as opposed to just enjoying Vegas

sixghost

I wonder if the crowd will be as loud as previous years on stream when it fills up. The International ran into a problem like that when they moved from a 2000 seat theater to a 12,000 seat stadium like this one. Even though there were way more people, the crowd sounded dead.

I just wonder how many people are gonna show up for SF only. That or they're smashers who only care about Melee.

well if that's the way it goes, so be it. SFV is the main event.

This is really pretty normal. If you watch the undercard for any big boxing match, prelims for UFC, etc. the crowd is quite sparse.

I don't think it will be that pronounced for EVO though. These are fighting game players at the biggest fighting game tournament of the year. I think the main issue is that it's just so early right now. But we'll see.

IronLich

There's no way Tekken Master stands a chance with Dvorah. Sonicfox and Honeybee are sparring partners, so Sonicfox knows that match like the back of his hand.

LiK

is UltraDavid only doing MK commentary now? he did the same thing last year. kinda miss the James x David combo. :(

audience mixing is v bad

this whole presentation looks bad. the lack of audience noises doesn't help. thanks gawd for good commentators.

I wonder if the crowd will be as loud as previous years on stream when it fills up. The International ran into a problem like that when they moved from a 2000 seat theater to a 12,000 seat stadium like this one. Even though there were way more people, the crowd sounded dead.

Yeah you're right about that. I guess it's hard to pick up crowd noise at places like this. Good chance the crowd hype (on the stream) will be muted compared to past EVO finals :(

Trickster

This setup looks pretty damn dull. The arena is a cool venue and all. But you're seriously gonna have the players sit a that setup? shit look like something from one of the lan parties I went too in my younger days...

Are they gonna do brief player bios before each match on ESPN? That would be a good way to introduce people to viewers watching this for the first time. If they just dive in like how its done on twitch your average Joe will probably be like "what the fuck is happening"

Revven

I don't see why any FGC person would choose to sit through 4 hours of smash as opposed to just enjoying Vegas

Jesus. I know opinions and all man but good god can you not let it cloud you? Or, heaven forbid, make terribly uninformed comments like this? Tons of people who actually go to these events watch all the games. Lots of FGC folks watch Smash in-person because hey, guess what, they enjoy it not just because of the game but because of the players.

Hate posts like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom