• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, we have legit VIPs

ESPN Esports @ESPN_Esports

.@jchensor walking Bill Walton through Mortal Kombat at #Evo2016

CnlDN44VIAAnc4x.jpg:large

Menitta

Pokken was cool but its clear its not a perfect spectator sport. I was into it though.

No crazy, close matches but it was pretty cool.

I thought that might be a problem. There are some fun juggles you can do but the damage isn't worth it, so there's not much fancy stuff one can really do. I adore Pokken so I'll have to check it out later.

Baleoce

is UltraDavid only doing MK commentary now? he did the same thing last year. kinda miss the James x David combo. :(

Is the ESPN coverage going to be Mike and Seth for SFV? If so, that would presumably mean James and David are doing the twitch stream?

I'm assuming a few things there, so let me know if I'm wrong.

Syntsui

Is the ESPN coverage going to be Mike and Seth for SFV? If so, that would presumably mean James and David are doing the twitch stream?

David never does SF Top 8 commentary, it will be Sajam and James.

James and Sajam are doing SFV on twitch. I think they want to avoid anyone doing double duty on finals day.

Revven

I thought that might be a problem. There are some fun juggles you can do but the damage isn't worth it, so there's not much fancy stuff one can really do. I adore Pokken so I'll have to check it out later.

The disappointing part of the top 8 was simply the fact it boiled down to the worst possible MU it could at an event the game is trying to appeal to new viewers: projectile heavy characters. I'll try not to spoil it for you so that's all I'll say.

Fitts

It's assigned seating and across the strip from the other venue, people will only show up for their main games

I don't see why any FGC person would choose to sit through 4 hours of smash as opposed to just enjoying Vegas

I don't give a fuck about Melee but I would still attend and watch the whole top 8 if I was there. When I go to fights (UFC, etc) I'm always there for the whole card -- early prelims and all. Even with a thinned crowd it's worth it for the atmosphere alone.

Because they enjoy Smash? What a weird thought

Jesus. I know opinions and all man but good god can you not let it cloud you? Or, heaven forbid, make terribly uninformed comments like this? Tons of people who actually go to these events watch all the games. Lots of FGC folks watch Smash in-person because hey, guess what, they enjoy it not just because of the game but because of the players.

Hate posts like this.

I suppose we'll see but I'm expecting lots of empty seats for every game (even SFV), since it's the norm at most esports events. I'm not trying to diss smash, it's just unlikely for people to stick around for an entire 12+ hour marathon in the middle of Vegas, especially once their games finish.

Baleoce

SFV Twitch commentary will be James Chen + Sajam.

David is doing MKX top 8 so won't be doing any others. They don't double people up on top 8s

That's got to be a bit tedious for him. I'm guessing he's doing this because there's nobody else. Pretty sure he'd prefer to be commentating SFV. I know it's usually Seth at EVO, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom